Best Possible Outcome, Opening day 2015 We Present You...

Warfish

Who?

Try to be realistic (i.e. please don't say "Bill Cowher and Peyton Manning!  WhoooOO!!!!!).

What, realistically, can we hope our Franchise presents to us on opening day 2015, as these spots:

General Manager:

Head Coach:

Starting QB:

Backup QB:

#1/#2/#3 WR's:

Given where we are today, we may as well start looking at the likely/hopeful future, and who we'll be rooting for (potentially) in 2015.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

General Manager: Not Idzik

Head Coach: Harbaugh

Starting QB: no idea

Backup QB: don't care

#1/#2/#3 WR's: Have to see if Evans has anything - if so we may be ok with Decker, Kerley, and him. 

General Manager: I honestly don't know enough here. Chris Ballard.

Head Coach: Kyle Shanahan (what he did with that Browns offense sans Gordon was impressive)

Starting QB: Brian Hoyer (stopgap)

Backup QB: Marcus Mariota (the future - I'm a fan of the sitting and waiting process)

#1/#2/#3 WR's: Harvin/Decker/Kerley (However you want to slice it up, they'll all have different roles and Harvin can always be cut after next season too - but I think he adds a nice element we don't have and he's a low-risk option since he's basically on a series of one year contracts, he should get another year hopefully playing on a capable offense. Would be nice to bring in a rookie to groom at some point but I'd prefer they do that in the mid-rounds trying to find a schematic fit and beef up the offensive line. Auburn's Duke Williams would be interesting if he comes out - I don't think this is the draft to look for a guy early, particularly if they can get a quarterback.)

This could be a nice draft for them to bring in a RB as well. If the no back in the first round trend continues, Melvin Gordon would look awfully good in tandem with Ivory. Gurley after tearing his ACL could be available in the second or third, and there are a bunch of other good backs who could be day 2 or early day 3 options in this draft (Yeldon, Duke Johnson, Mike Davis, Abdullah).

Who?

Try to be realistic (i.e. please don't say "Bill Cowher and Peyton Manning!  WhoooOO!!!!!).

What, realistically, can we hope our Franchise presents to us on opening day 2015, as these spots:

General Manager:

Head Coach:

Starting QB:

Backup QB:

#1/#2/#3 WR's:

Given where we are today, we may as well start looking at the likely/hopeful future, and who we'll be rooting for (potentially) in 2015.

General Manager:  Decosta

Head Coach: Fedora (anyone but rex)

Starting QB:  Locker or Bradford

Backup QB:  draft pick

#1/#2/#3 WR's: Duke Williams Decker and Kerley

GM: John Idzick

I'll give two options. 1 first time HC & 1 Former

HC 1st Timer: Kyle Shanahan 

HC 2nd Timer: Gary Kubiak

Starting QB: Brian Hoyer

Backup QB: Hundley 

#1/#2/#3 WR's: Cooper/Decker/Kerley 

I don't see Harvin staying, he will likely be cut because he does not want to restructure. I like the idea of Shanahan but I also would look into Gus Malzhen. If we decide to go the route of a former HC I think Kubiak is the guy. I could also see Norv Turner, although I don't think he's too hot on NY. I'm also not sold on either Winston or Mariotta and I think we get Cooper. 

GM: Not informed enough on the potential candidates to pick one. A good football mind for once, please.

HC: Harbaugh

Starting QB: Competent veteran stopgap - Hoyer, Bradford, Locker, etc.

Backup QB: Mariota

WRs: Harvin, Decker, Kerley

Since Woody has never "cleaned house" before I don't know if he'll replace Idzik.

Here are my candidates for GM and HC:

GM

- Eric DeCosta (BAL Asst. GM)

- Vince Newsome (BAL Dir. Pro Personnel)

- Joe Horitz (BAL Dir. College Scouting)

All are from BAL because they are a team that consistently drafts well and
develops talent even when they lose free agents

HC

- Jim Harbaugh (SF HC): Turned around an underachieving team and a bust of a
QB (Smith) in one year and has consistently won

- David Shaw (Stanford HC): Pristine resume, has been an NFL assistant and has
helped develop Luck.  Has kept Stanford as a top program even though he doesn't
get the recruits the SEC programs do

- Dan Quinn (SEA DC): Impressive job with the SEA defense and if Idzik remains
there is a connection

- Todd Bowles (ARZ DC): Impressive job with the ARZ defense even with the injuries
they've had to deal with

- Bill Lazor (MIA OC): Impressive job developing Tannehill and has coached under
Chip Kelly.  So if we got Mariota he could implement the system he's comfortable
running

- Vic Fangio (SF DC): Has lost multiple All-Pro players (Willis, Bowman & Smith)
yet their defense is still top notch

- Tom Clements (GB OC): Been with GB for years and was Rodgers QB coach when he
first broke in

- Pep Hamilton (IND OC): Has had a hand in developing Luck at Stanford and now
with IND

After going through six years of developing/playing rookie QB's I'm gun shy in
doing that again.  I would like a short term answer but I just don't see one
that I like (shame on Vick for not taking the spot).  Our best bet may be the
new coach having a "real plan/system" to develop a rookie and going down that
road again with a Mariota or Winston

General Manager: Jim Harbaugh (no in love with the HC being GM but I think it's what it will take to get Harbaugh)

Head Coach: Jim Harbaugh

Starting QB: Brian Hoyer/Johnny Football (one will be free - trade for Johnny if you have to) Nick Folk 

Backup QB: Anyone Harbaugh likes

#1/#2/#3 WR's: Dez (I know it's a long shot but with all the money we have it's not out of the realm of possibility), Decker, Kerley (I think we threw away $7mm on Harvin - by FAR the worst move this GM has made)

Having trouble with this fascination with Locker.

The bust got benched for Mettenberger. Last week Zack got injured, the bust comes in and throws three picks before the end of the half.

Sounds as bad or worse than GeNO to me

GM

- Eric DeCosta (BAL Asst. GM)

- Vince Newsome (BAL Dir. Pro Personnel)

- Joe Horitz (BAL Dir. College Scouting)

All are from BAL because they are a team that consistently drafts well and

develops talent even when they lose free agents

I like DeCosta a lot, but from everything I hear he's dead set on waiting for Ozzie to step down. Baltimore's apparently his dream job.

Another name I keep pushing for GM is Eliot Wolf (Ron's son, director of pro personnel for Green Bay), and everything you just said about Baltimore applies to the Packers as well, IMO.

I like DeCosta a lot, but from everything I hear he's dead set on waiting for Ozzie to step down. Baltimore's apparently his dream job.

Another name I keep pushing for GM is Eliot Wolf (Ron's son, director of pro personnel for Green Bay), and everything you just said about Baltimore applies to the Packers as well, IMO.

I'll take Wolf as well

General Manager: Tom Gamble

Head Coach: Jim Harbaugh

Starting QB: Marcus Mariota

Backup QB: David Fales (sign him off Bears practice squad - Harbaugh likes him A LOT)

#1/#2/#3 WR's: Demariyus/Decker/Kerley

Let it go already. The Jets passed on him once, and he won't even be invited to interview again.

HC- Harbaugh

GM - anyone that Harbaugh wants.

1 QB - Locker

2QB- Marita

WRs- Crabtree, Decker, Kerley.

I love the WRS in this draft but have to utilize everything we need to get Mariota. That said, release Harvin and use his $$ to sign Crabtree. Decker moves back to a #2 and our receiving corps immediately becomes the best in the division.

I hate Winston as a prospect. See him every week down here in FL. He may eventually be a QB in this league, but he'll never make it in NY.

Back up plan if Mariota is completely out of reach, Cook.

Let it go already. The Jets passed on him once, and he won't even be invited to interview again.

No matter how many times you falsely insist the Jets were the ones to pass on Gamble (and not the other way around when, in the second interview, Woody made the requirement to retain Rex known), it doesn't change the facts.

Gamble passed on the Jets, then Woody smeared him through the press by claiming he wasn't hired because he "had a bad interview." While I agree it's doubtful that Gamble would agree to come here after such shabby treatment, that doesn't make you any less wrong.

GM: Mickey Mouse (better than Idziot)

HC: Kyle Shanahan

QB: Hoyer or Locker

Draft QB: Connor, Mannion, Petty, or Grayson

WR1: Decker

WR2: Kerley

Jets take the tackle in round 1 and grab Lupati in FA - bang now u can run and pass.

while we at it here is my FanSpeak draft

4: R1P4

OT BRANDON SCHERFF
IOWA
36: R2P4

WR KEVIN WHITE
WVU
68: R3P4

QB BRYCE PETTY
BAYLOR
100: R4P4

TE BEN KOYACK
NOTRE DAME
132: R5P4

RB JEREMY LANGFORD
MICHIGAN STATE
196: R7P4

DE JERMAURIA RASCO
LSU

No matter how many times you falsely insist the Jets were the ones to pass on Gamble (and not the other way around when, in the second interview, Woody made the requirement to retain Rex known), it doesn't change the facts.

Gamble passed on the Jets, then Woody smeared him through the press by claiming he wasn't hired because he "had a bad interview." While I agree it's doubtful that Gamble would agree to come here after such shabby treatment, that doesn't make you any less wrong.

Wrong. I posted the links with the Jets announcing that Rex would be retained a week before they interviewed Gamble the first time. On my phone now, maybe I'll post them again for you when I get where I'm going.

But you're wrong. Again.

Gamble is the perfect candidate. Too bad the Jets passed on him. And the Chargers. And the Browns...

Jets didn't pass on him, he passed on the Jets after Woody insisted he keep Rex.

Chargers were busy hiring Tom Telesco, who refused to even interview here after the Rex requirement became widely known.

Browns requested an interview with him, but he never actually interviewed there; they hired Farmer before any interview took place.

Gamble is the perfect candidate.  Too bad the Jets passed on him.  And the Chargers.  And the Browns...

Its funny many here wanting Gamble who is VP of player personel for the Eagles. Take a look at their draft from this year , outside of Matthews , it may very well be worse then ours.

Its funny many here wanting Gamble who is VP of player personel for the Eagles. Take a look at their draft from this year , outside of Matthews , it may very well be worse then ours.

Look at his draft history with the 9ers and get back to me.

Gamble's not the only candidate, but considering what we have now, we'd be damn lucky to have him. Woody should get down on bended knee and apologize and beg him to reconsider.

Jets didn't pass on him, he passed on the Jets after Woody insisted he keep Rex.

Chargers were busy hiring Tom Telesco, who refused to even interview here after the Rex requirement became widely known.

Browns requested an interview with him, but he never actually interviewed there; they hired Farmer before any interview took place.

Are you his uncle, cause your version and the presses version don't match up.  It is certainly possible that the Jets are running a smear campaign, but would they be doing it through Cimini?  The only job Gamble turned down was Jacksonville when he supposedly refused a second interview to concentrate on the Jets job - you know, the one with thy Rex requirement. 

Here you go. You can have an obnoxious user name, you can have obnoxious opinions, you can even obnoxiously steal someone else's obnoxious avatar, but please don't be obnoxiously wrong about factual information - people come here for information as well as discussion. We try to keep the facts straight, even if the mods aren't.

12/31/2012, Jets fire Tannenbaum, will retain Rex Ryan:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/jets-gm-rex-article-1.1230163

01/05/2013, Tom Gamble front runner to replace Rex Ryan:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/sources-gamble-front-runner-replace-jet-gm-tannenbaum-article-1.1234068

If Gamble didn't understand that Rex was part of the job (and the second link mentions the Rex-Gamble connection as a positive), then he's an idiot just because of that, and deserved to be dismissed as a candidate for interviewing poorly.

You're welcome.

Archived