Casserly will recommend Norv Turner to coach the Jets?

Matt39

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand the big deal about this.  Norv isn't my first choice either but everyone keeps b*tching about getting an offensive coach.  Turner failed before - so did Belicchik in Cleveland and he stunk up the joint in New England his first season and second season until Brady magically fell out the sky.

Turner has failed as a Head Coach three times. This is not a guy who maybe failed once but learned something. He has repeatedly proven that he sucks as a heach coach. 

Turner has failed as a Head Coach three times. This is not a guy who maybe failed once but learned something. He has repeatedly proven that he sucks as a heach coach. 

So... we go with Adam Gase because he got coffee for Peyton Manning?

Turner isn't even close to my top choice but I don't see the hub-bub over him. 

Pursuant to news Charley Casserly will be part of #Jets search, MIN OC Norv Turner is being considered. Cass & Norv worked together in DC.

Casserly will be a consultant helping Woody find a GM.  The way I understand it to be is that Casserly will not be the GM or part of the football operation, he is just helping form one.  So the fact that Casserly and Norv may have worked together at one time should have no bearing on this situation.  I presume whomever is hired as GM will hire the new HC.

The only positive pieces to Norv's career came when he had:

1.) a Hall of Fame QB

2.) a very good QB

We only have QB's that are Martyr's (#10), Felons, and guys that need dribble bibs.

Norv can do nothing positive here.

Next ... 

and probably the greatest offensive line in History .... How about a HOF at just about every position .... Norv is NOT a good HC IMO and hes an over rated OC .... What we need more than anything, before even thinking about a HC, is a GM that will surround the future HC with talented players or who has the capability to do so, that's what its all about. Nobody coaches bad players and stays a winner.. NOBODY

Brian Bassett ‏@Brian_Bassett  47m47 minutes ago

Pursuant to news Charley Casserly will be part of #Jets search, MIN OC Norv Turner is being considered. Cass & Norv worked together in DC.

His time as GM in Washington overlapped with Tod Bowles playing career there. He also hired Kubiak in Houston if I'm not mistaken.

Interesting

Not a fan of Norv turner..jets gotta do better than Norv turner.

I really can't offer more than 'I just ain't felling it' when it come to Norv. Kinda the way a player just doesn't pass the eye test... I could have broken Payton's rushing record with that O-line. Greatest line that well ever see in our lifetime. Not very smart drug dealers, though.

I love Marty schottenheimer....hiring him would be a disaster, but I love him.

Sourworx, is that satans face from the exorcist on your avatar? Freaks me out

It is. To me those few quick moments when that face flashes are the scariest parts of that movie.

It used to keep me up at night when I was young. These days, my 1 year-old daughter does. LOL

Casserly will be a consultant helping Woody find a GM. The way I understand it to be is that Casserly will not be the GM or part of the football operation, he is just helping form one. So the fact that Casserly and Norv may have worked together at one time should have no bearing on this situation. I presume whomever is hired as GM will hire the new HC.

Exactly.

Casserly is not hiring a HC. So it is beyond me why this writer and some fans think he would hire Turner. The new GM is doing it.

Also, according to today's report, Casserly is only being retained in the event that Idzik and Rex are fired. So T0m's pipe dream goes up in smoke

Exactly.

Casserly is not hiring a HC. So it is beyond me why this writer and some fans think he would hire Turner. The new GM is doing it.

Also, according to today's report, Casserly is only being retained in the event that Idzik and Rex are fired. So T0m's pipe dream goes up in smoke

I know you are just repeating what's being reported, but this is a stupid statement.  The fact that they're even talking to Casserly means Woody's mind is made up already.  

+1 great post cant believe we fired rex for casserole and norv turner smdh

Jump to conclusions? Casserly is being brought aboard as an advisor. I guess I missed the Norv as HC announcement.

I don't know how the Jets are going to replace the 25-40 record since Jan 2011.

Archived