Amaro and Pryor make Kiper's all-rookie team

Barkus

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2014/12/which_jets_made_mel_kiper_jrs_2014_all-rookie_team.html

Interesting that the jets had 2 guys make it. What if next year they show continued improvement and mcdougle comes back, shaq evans recovers and makes an impact, dozier is a starting guard, and IK and Reilly have bigger roles. How would idzik's draft look then???

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pryor?

Really.  Pryor wasn't even close to good this season.

I agree, he did not have a particularly good season. He did show some flashes here and there, he is only a rookie so I would expect he will cont to improve. hopefully he will be used closer to the line of scrimmage next yr and be used in more blitz packages, which should play more to his strengths.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2014/12/which_jets_made_mel_kiper_jrs_2014_all-rookie_team.html

Interesting that the jets had 2 guys make it. What if next year they show continued improvement and mcdougle comes back, shaq evans recovers and makes an impact, dozier is a starting guard, and IK and Reilly have bigger roles. How would idzik's draft look then???

You have your own eyes. You going to let Kiper influence your hairstyle, too?

I can actually see Reilly starting at SLB if the Jets move to a 4-3. 

While I appreciate his effort...there's just no way you put Pryor in there. He sucked for the most part and I'm one of his biggest supporters. Clinton Dix & Bucannon were full time starters, they did ok. The rest of the safety class just flat out sucked. But next year I think Pryor will prove to be the best pick out of that bunch and become an impact player.

kiper is an idiot and obviously didnt want to sit thru watching jet games

I hope all Idziots draft picks turn into pro bowlers now that he gone :)

They both stink,

Absolutely. Both guys will be complete JAGS ONLY IF they reach their ceiling. 

Amaro isn't a blocker. He was drafted to stretch the defense and be a receiving TE.  Except he has the hands of Stephen Hill and is avg speed at best. 

Pyror was just a terrible pick. Still dont get why anyone would take a slow safety with the same body of Kyle Wilson so high. 

Idzik you will not be missed.  

Because it's very hard to play safety in the NFL as a rookie.

He's going to be a very good player.

What exactly did you see to come to that conclusion? I saw nothing to make me think his ceiling is anything more than serviceable in the right system. The only hope I have is the fact that I certain Pryor received either very poor or no coaching at all.

TX beat me to it. Pryor could neither cover nor make the big tackles at opportune times. We can make all the excuses we want, but Pryor sucked in his rookie season.

Seriously, two things that stuck out about Pryor in his rookie season:

1). He underestimated the speed of the NFL game. Things he could do in college, he couldn't do in the NFL. Best example his closing speed did not work out too well.

2). His first responsibility in the NFL is coverage, not laying the wood on big hits.

I think he eventually turns out to be a pretty good safety.

Seriously, two things that stuck out about Pryor in his rookie season:

1). He underestimated the speed of the NFL game. Things he could do in college, he couldn't do in the NFL. Best example his closing speed did not work out too well.

2). His first responsibility in the NFL is coverage, not laying the wood on big hits.

I think he eventually turns out to be a pretty good safety.

I agree with that.  But he will need good coaching.  It still drives me crazy that he was our #1 pick.

Archived