Mehta absolutely killing Marone on twitter

docdhc

What a dope

4-12 but the Clown was only really responsible for the 4 wins....losses?... the GMs fault

Wow

A new low reached for the WRECKS lovers

I'll say it one last time before we agree to disagree. Rex was the head coach. Not the GM. They have their respective duties n I highly suspect Rex told Idzik to rollover almost 20% of the cap for the next HC.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll say it one last time before we agree to disagree. Rex was the head coach. Not the GM. They have their respective duties n I highly suspect Rex told Idzik to rollover almost 20% of the cap for the next HC.

I agree to agree to disagree

According to reports from inside the Jets, Rex was complicit with moves, and what upset Woody is that if Rex did not agree with moves, he did not voice his dissension. Woody felt that if Rex had a problem with personnel moves, he was in the same room, he should have said something.

According to reports from inside the Jets, Rex was complicit with moves, and what upset Woody is that if Rex did not agree with moves, he did not voice his dissension. Woody felt that if Rex had a problem with personnel moves, he was in the same room, he should have said something.

I don't trust those "reports". Not saying that's not a possibility. Same reports suggested that Woody will let the GM decide Rex's faith or that he'll fire Rex only due to public pressure. Or the reports that suggested Woody had too much respect for Rex to fire him.

This is a huge reason why he was fired, no doubt.

Agreed...REX is not comfortable outside anything but defense. I dont think he even can consider how caps work etc.

Him going to Kentucky for a linebacker and coming back with John Conner is REX's MO.

never long term, impulsive and stubborn.  WHY the fukk do we run the wildcat?

Agreed...REX is not comfortable outside anything but defense. I dont think he even can consider how caps work etc.

Him going to Kentucky for a linebacker and coming back with John Conner is REX's MO.

Sounds like the majority of the Jet fan base

Yep lets kill him for wasting a 5th rd pick..

4th actually...but not Rex's fault really.

Idiot Mike thought draft picks were like Crackerjack box prizes to be traded up for Sanchez, Greene and Hill or traded away for Teblow...

According to reports, he told WRECKS, 4th round..this one is yours and 5 and 6 are yours, Westy

Yep lets kill him for wasting a 5th rd pick..

It's the principle behind the pick that's the problem. Scouts spend their entire lives on the road watching these kids 24/7 with the hopes that their input and expertise will be listened to one day out of the year, so that maybe - just maybe - we can find a diamond in the rough in the 5th round.

Then on a scouting trip to see a linebacker, Rex sees some FB lay one good block and decides that that's how he's going to use his draft pick. It's insulting the to jobs that scouts do and is very much reflective of how Rex steered this ship over the last six years. The Scotty McKnight pick is another one that was made for all the wrong reasons. 

It's the principle behind the pick that's the problem. Scouts spend their entire lives on the road watching these kids 24/7 with the hopes that their input and expertise will be listened to one day out of the year, so that maybe - just maybe - we can find a diamond in the rough in the 5th round.

Then on a scouting trip to see a linebacker, Rex sees some FB lay one good block and decides that that's how he's going to use his draft pick. It's insulting the to jobs that scouts do and is very much reflective of how Rex steered this ship over the last six years. The Scotty McKnight pick is another one that was made for all the wrong reasons.

And let's not forget useless Tajh Boyd who threw passes to his walk on son at Clemson

I would love Marrone to land in NY. I couldn't stand him, his attitude, his conservative-ness, and how the offense regressed badly from year one to year two. He rode the coattails of a great defense to our winning record, and with a average offense, we'd have been in the playoffs, which was his department. We can do better.

Many of my friends that are Buffalo fans feel exactly the same way - and I can't disagree. I can't see why any team would be coveting Marrone to fix their offense. He destroyed CJ Spiller (top 10 pick) who I would love to sign. Traded away future first rounders and benched another first round pick in EJ Manual after selecting him. 

Marrone would be a terrible move. 

Players like Riley Cooper, Greg hardy, Antonio Brown were still on the board.  Hind sight yes but this team treated picks like french disposable whores.

I have always said we should have taken Brady with our 6th rd pick instead of Tony Scott..LOL You seem to believe every pick we made was all Rex and I don't.. I have moved on and looking forward to hopefully smart choices of our new gm and hc and the draft in may.. However I have a friend in real estate in NJ and I could get Rex's address if you want to fly up to egg his house and yell at him.. 97.gif

Many of my friends that are Buffalo fans feel exactly the same way - and I can't disagree. I can't see why any team would be coveting Marrone to fix their offense. He destroyed CJ Spiller (top 10 pick) who I would love to sign. Traded away future first rounders and benched another first round pick in EJ Manual after selecting him.

Marrone would be a terrible move.

Teams are coveting him to fix their offense? First I saw that. They are coveting him to be Head Coach. As a Head Coach he helped raise 2 downtrodden teams to respectability and trending upward. He instills discipline and accountability. That would be refreshing. Does he have flaws? Sure. Every prospective HC & GM has ? marks.

I have always said we should have taken Brady with our 6th rd pick instead of Tony Scott..LOL You seem to believe every pick we made was all Rex and I don't.. I have moved on and looking forward to hopefully smart choices of our new gm and hc and the draft in may.. However I have a friend in real estate in NJ and I could get Rex's address if you want to fly up to egg his house and yell at him.. 97.gif

I agree, I was watching that sixth round religiously and praying we would choose that lanky backup from Michigan..

Well.....

Not really

Followed by 4 non winning seasons culminating in a 4-12 last place finish..

All 32 owners would pass on that BUST

They will pass on 2 affc trip out of six season.    :animal0018: 

For instance some posters here are fascinated with Gary Kubiak.  He spent eight seasons with the Texans and never made it to the AFCC. He made it to the playoff only twice, earning a 2-2 record in the playoff.  

They will pass on 2 affc trip out of six season. :animal0018:

For instance some posters here are fascinated with Gary Kubiak. He spent eight seasons with the Texans and never made it to the AFCC. He made it to the playoff only twice, earning a 2-2 record in the playoff.

Sorry DRDUNCE...switching to another physician ...

Enjoy cheering WRECKS on as a DC somewhere because no team with half a brain is giving the circus clown another HC chance...

Well maybe Oakland...unless Mark Davis chooses another proven success like Eric Mangini over him...

Teams are coveting him to fix their offense? First I saw that. They are coveting him to be Head Coach. As a Head Coach he helped raise 2 downtrodden teams to respectability and trending upward. He instills discipline and accountability. That would be refreshing. Does he have flaws? Sure. Every prospective HC & GM has ? marks.

Dude what are you talking about? Marrone had that hotbed of high school football all-Americans in the Utica/Oswego area to recruit from he should have won 5 National Championships and followed that up with bac2back Super Bowls with Kyle Orton, Robert Woods and Scotty Chandler.

The more people bash Marrone the more I like him

Dude what are you talking about? Marrone had that hotbed of high school football all-Americans in the Utica/Oswego area to recruit from he should have won 5 National Championships and followed that up with bac2back Super Bowls with Kyle Orton, Robert Woods and Scotty Chandler.

The more people bash Marrone the more I like him

What are you talking about? I'm not bashing him. You said "I can't see why any team would be coveting Marrone to fix their offense."

And let's not forget useless Tajh Boyd who threw passes to his walk on son at Clemson

Yeah.  We get Tajh Boyd in the sixth round.  Rams got CB E.J. Gaines, who is starting.     We pass on Jordan Matthews, John Brown;  but hey, we got Jalen (155 pounds) Saunders.  Nice draft, Rex and Idzik.

if moving up is quitting, then lombardi quit on st cecilia, west point and the giants

From the perspective of wins and losses the Jets are NOT a move up over Buffalo. Bills have demolished the Jets three times out of the last four. I'm talking NOT even competitive. Don't think it is all Marrone but a lot of it could have been rex.

I'm not gonna help him out by even clicking the link. This bald-faced defamation campaign by Mehta has been unbelievable. Literally.

I wonder how many actual quotes are in article and where they came from.

If I was Marrone's agent I would start taking a hard look at that Mehta campaign and see if there is case for defamation.

I'm not gonna help him out by even clicking the link. This bald-faced defamation campaign by Mehta has been unbelievable. Literally.

it amounts to him calling a buffalo beat writer and giggling like school girls and spreading rumors.   weak

hahaha cimini bitch slaps mehta HARD

@RichCimini: I'm not sure where you're getting the Lombardi reference. Last time I checked, one newspaper was comparing him to Rich Kotite -- which is utterly ridiculous. Obviously, Marrone's record with the Buffalo Bills wasn't great (15-17), but I think the criticism he has received in New York is unfair. It's coming from people with personal agendas. In many ways, Marrone's team last season was similar to Rex Ryan's team, meaning the strength was the defensive line and the quarterback play was below-average. Marrone got nine wins out of the team, Ryan four. Yes, there are questions about Marrone, many dealing with game management, but I've talked to well-respected people in league circles and they all describe him as a solid head coach. 

hahaha cimini bitch slaps mehta HARD

@RichCimini: I'm not sure where you're getting the Lombardi reference. Last time I checked, one newspaper was comparing him to Rich Kotite -- which is utterly ridiculous. Obviously, Marrone's record with the Buffalo Bills wasn't great (15-17), but I think the criticism he has received in New York is unfair. It's coming from people with personal agendas. In many ways, Marrone's team last season was similar to Rex Ryan's team, meaning the strength was the defensive line and the quarterback play was below-average. Marrone got nine wins out of the team, Ryan four. Yes, there are questions about Marrone, many dealing with game management, but I've talked to well-respected people in league circles and they all describe him as a solid head coach. 

It's amazing that Mehta has become such a sensationalist scum bag that the old beat-writer trolls have actually become appalled to the point of digging deep into their bag of tricks and dusting off a little bit of integrity of their own.

Archived