First HC Hired - Rex to Bills

JetsFanatic

@NBCDianna: I'm told by several that Rex Ryan lost interest in Atlanta because front office is too involved. Rex wants less hands in pot. #bills

Dimitrioff and Pioli basically sat Blank down and explained a few things, none for them good, about Rex Ryan. And above all even with matt Ryan, who would run the offense, and what happens when you let Ryan have a say about the grocery shopping.

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dimitrioff and Pioli basically sat Blank down and explained a few things, none for them good, about Rex Ryan. And above all even with matt Ryan, who would run the offense, and what happens when you let Ryan have a say about the grocery shopping.

He also didn't feel that Dimitroff was "in his corner."

Actually, Atlanta offered Rex a 4 yr $29 million dollar deal.  He turned it down and went to Buffalo.

Close. It's a bunch of dudes jumping up and down because Rex got a job which somehow validates their long-held belief that he was secretly a great coach this whole time. And the fact that they'd like to have a beer with him separates his legacy from Herm's.

Not really. I just like it when you're proven wrong.

Where did you see that?

I didn't, but I figured as long as everyone else is pretending to know what went on I may as well join in.  I was starting to feel left out, but not anymore.

On JI, I posted that I met an NFL GM at a golf event. he stated REX would get a job in less than a month. he also stated Milner and Geno were terrific picks.

Point being.... Who really knows. I believe REX will go down much like his Dad.

As a 30 year vet of business...I have seen behavior of the very best. Rex doesn't seem to me to have it. IMO.

That's fine. I wasn't calling you out, just the blowhards who could do nothing but say Rex wouldn't get an interview as a HC and say he's a POS to the point you'd thing Rex did something to them personally.

I do think Rex will have success in his second stint, but as you said we shall see.

Rex on a team with no QB is like drafting an Alabama running back 

Eddie Lacey? You wouldnt want him? Just because Trent Richardson sucks doesnt mean someone else will too.  These kind of tags need to stop. Players, coaches and gm candidates need to be evaluated by their own merits. Maybe we wouldn't of wasted a draft pick on Stephen Hill. He obviously can't hold Demayrius Thomas or Calvin Johnson's jock. 

Rex and his people spend an awful lot of time disproving arguments no one has ever actually expressed.

Almost as much time as those who were wrong about him pretending they never said the things they said.

Stay on topic please.

Not unless he changes and becomes a complete HC if thats even possible.. Now if he gets a smart GM who gets a good QB who knows?? If he shows he hasn't learned a thing from the Jets he will fail and won't bite anything but a burger..

Not when his motto is "I am going to be true to myself."

And Atlanta turned him down, just like Baltimore did when he was the DC there.  Rex apologists crowing about him getting a job in Buffalo are avoiding the notion that they are a minor league organization just like us.  Those are they types that gravitate towards a Rex Ryan, not perennial contenders.  

Oh please.  I am not crowing about him getting any job, but he was interviewed by a few teams.  You are going to act like he wasn't even in serious consideration?  Of course you are.  This is beyond belief.  "Rex will never get a job"  Rex got a job.  It was all he could get, minor league organization, etc, etc.  Give it a ******* rest. I like Rex, but I never would have considered myself a Rex apologist until I ran up against some of the stupidity I see on here.  He is no longer our coach, be objective.  He is like a draft pick with a high ceiling and low floor.  Don't act like nobody ever takes a chance on that.

This +1000. They can't man up and admit they were wrong but instead want to further trash him. Can't wait to hear their excuses when Rex beats us, and that will happen.

For all the Rex haters that said he would never get another HC gig - time to EAT CROW.

#JetsFanOrRexFan?

This didn't do Rex any favors .. he needed to realize he has to make some major changes in how he commands respect from his players and prioritizes discipline before he becomes a good head coach - if he ever does.

Becoming the 1st hire of 2015 will only be false validation that he's doing the right things as a HC - and he's not

Not a good DC?   we always had one of the best D's in the nfl while he was our coach.  How are we going to replace him?

then why could it almost never make a critical stop before the half or the end of the game?  Rex had a great defense for 27 minutes of every half.  But that's it.

I was just lurking over at two of the bigger Bills fan boards and found this comment by one of their posters there summed up all of the fans there acting like they are the heirs apparent to the AFC East.

"I'll live with the hire because I'm a Bills fan first.

But all of these comments seem to reflect "Rex Ryan, the Personality." Personally, on game day, I'd rather have a 'Hoodie-type guy, than the guy in the Hood'..."

To be fair some were concerned about the offense.

LOL, they can have him.

#JetsFanOrRexFan?

If you don't have a personality disorder, it's possible to admire the work of an individual while still being a Jets fan.  I've watched the NFL for a long time.  As a kid I admired Warren Moon, Ronnie Lott, Jerry Rice, etc.  

It didn't mean I wasn't a Jet fan, it meant I'm okay with saying "this player or that player is good" or "I appreciate what that guy did for the team I love while he was here" 

Now, if you show me somebody who is rooting for the Bills to beat the Jets on gameday, I'll be right there saying they're not a real fan.  For somebody to like somebody you hate does not make you a better fan.

#JetsFanOrRexFan?

Jets fan for over 40 years. How about you?

So you're saying a Jets fan can't call out other Jets fans who incessantly hate on Rex and constantly proclaim Rex won't get another HC gig. Wow, just wow. You haters keep taking it to new levels.

Archived