First HC Hired - Rex to Bills

JetsFanatic

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't my most eloquent moment but the Rex supporters nonsense pushes my buttons because there is no objective argument to back up Rex being a good HC. And any objective look at the success of his defense seriously brings into questions whether he is really a good DC as well.

I can BACK THE CLAIM UP

Team Record first two years: 9-7 (lucky playoff run), 11-5 (good team, two great playoff performances against NE (Rex's best moment) and Indy (worst TO call ever)

Team Record last four years: 8-8 (lost offense),7-9 (lost team), 8-8, 4-12

Clearly a worse record then when he started

Defense points: 2009 14.8 (1st) 2010 19.0 (6th) 2011 22.7 (20th) 2012 23.4 (20th) 2013 24.2 (19th) 2014 25.1 (24th)

His vaunted defense is worse every year in points allowed. Yet, each year he has had an influx of 1st round defensive talent that he helps choose, and the defensive makeup becomes more and more his guys.

Clearly worse on defense on points since he started

Defense, yards allowed 2009 4039 (1st) 2010 4664 (3rd) 2011 4993 (5th) 2012 5174 (8th) 2013 5359 (11th) 5235 (6th)

So again, his vaunted defense has given up more yards every season since he has been here, except for this year but only improved but 100 yards and is 1200 yards worse than his first year and 600 yards worse than his second year when his defense was new and not figured out yet. yet the personnel each year becomes more and more the personnel he chooses

Focusing on this year, we were worst in takeaways. We were 24th in opponent scoring percentage. Unlike what people think our offense DID not cause our defense to face more drives, we were 19th in total drives against,

Here's a BIG one to show how bad Rex's defense is and how much people have caught on: We were 30th in 3rd down efficiency against at 45%. We were first in 2009 before people started figuring out the Rex defense.

Another big one: We were 26th in Red Zone efficiency against at 59.18%.

Rex with his exotic and super complicated defense is NOT A GOOD DC. Stats show it. The NFL has figured him out

Much better post. Thanks.

Factually inaccurate. Rex was (as you should recall) my second preference behind the ex-Skin O-line guy who no one ever hired, and I supported him up till the end of 2013 when it was clear he had no chance of success here and was not in any way developing as a Head Coach.

I didn't hate Rex, I hated his Fans, fans who put Rex > Team, and clearly many of whom still do. They hate the Jets, have hated everyone ON the Jets for the past six years, blamed all of them so they could hold Rex blameless, but they sure love Rex.

Rex appeals to a low-information, low-intelligence type of fan, meatheads who get off on the false bravado, big talk, and dick waving. The fact Rex can't back it up appears to be irrelevant to those folks.

And now, despite the fact that Rex now coaches our enemy the Bills, those same so-called Jets Fans are not here talking about kicking Rex's fat ass next year.....nope......they're here attacking Jets Fans for doubting their beloved Rex, and lamenting how Rex will kick our asses and win Super Bowls every year for the next 40 years. Not just lamenting it, but ROOTING for it. So they can be right and tell us so.

Spare me.

But yes, I do hate him now, loathe him in fact, because he is the Head Coach of a division rival. He's no Jet. He's the enemy, and yes, I hate our rivals. I might respect some of them, but I hate them all.

Rex going to Buffalo was a conscious **** you to the Jets and to Jets Fans by Rex, make no mistake about it.

He's looking forward to killing the Jets twice a year.....and we still have fans here who want to fellatiate Rex and worship at his alter.

Thats akin to being a huge fan of Bellichek......when he went to the Pats.

It amazes me how all those who really hate Rex (you) fail to mention what a crap hand he was dealt, with never really having a franchise QB. If Rex ever gets solid QB play, he will become a very dangerous HC. Now while I was hoping he would go to the NFC to root for him, he now has become the enemy.

It amazes me how all those who really hate Rex (you) fail to mention what a crap hand he was dealt, with never really having a franchise QB. If Rex ever gets solid QB play, he will become a very dangerous HC. Now while I was hoping he would go to the NFC to root for him, he now has become the enemy.

Name an NFL coach who couldn't?

Ole Rex will certainly want to run the Jets noses in sh*t for letting him guy. Same way that that he did with the Ravens, and how much he go the teams up for those games.

Oh yeah, Rex was 0-3 against the Ravens.

This has a Pete Carroll feel to it, as he went to NE

Or Bill Bellicheat as he went to NE from the Jets  :1cry: 

Rex and his people spend an awful lot of time disproving arguments no one has ever actually expressed.

Yeah, that's SO one-sided.

#JetsFanOrRexFan?

As a fan of any NFL team, you are automatically not allowed to have a positive opinion of any player or coach on any other team, particularly any player or coach who used to be affiliated with your stated favorite team.

#NFLFanRules

Oh please.  I am not crowing about him getting any job, but he was interviewed by a few teams.  You are going to act like he wasn't even in serious consideration?  Of course you are.  This is beyond belief.  "Rex will never get a job"  Rex got a job.  It was all he could get, minor league organization, etc, etc.  Give it a ******* rest. I like Rex, but I never would have considered myself a Rex apologist until I ran up against some of the stupidity I see on here.  He is no longer our coach, be objective.  He is like a draft pick with a high ceiling and low floor.  Don't act like nobody ever takes a chance on that.

This never happened.  No one here felt this way.  I felt there was a decent chance he'd end up the Falcons HC (an ideal situation for him), and if not, he'd go to TV.  This decision to go to Buffalo is a no-mans land situation.  Just like Cleveland was for Mangini.

This never happened.  No one here felt this way.  I felt there was a decent chance he'd end up the Falcons HC (an ideal situation for him), and if not, he'd go to TV.  This decision to go to Buffalo is a no-mans land situation.  Just like Cleveland was for Mangini.

NO Hundreds of posters on JN have been saying that he would never ever work in the NFL ever again. and NOW (God willing) he got his dream job (FIRST COACH HIRED! WOOHOO!!!) in Buffalo and will build a dynasty and win championships for forever and show Tom Shane, just as long as he gets a franchise QB.

rex haters can not and will not let it go. same exact posters that were all aboard the blind faith brigade idzik train, insulting any one in their path, only to back track months later. wonder what excuses they will concoct if rex does well in buffalo? i would hope he falls flat on his face if it would shut the romper roomers up, but it would have the opposite affect. this board blows lately. only a public execution of rex will please them, and even then, i am sure the conspiracy theries would start jumping from their little brains to the keyboard. wake me up when the free agency starts

You do understand that Rex doing well in Buffalo is a bad thing for the New York Jets, right?

Might want to slow up on how hard, and how deep, you're wishing for Rex Success to prove you're "right" about him, being a Jets Fan and all.

Nobody wanted Rex "executed".  Many of us simply wanted a 4 year non-winner, with a constantly declining performance year-to-year, to be replaced by, we'd hope, someone better, or at least someone new to provide hope.

Forgive us for not agreeing that Rex is the single greatest Coach in the NFL, impossible to improve upon.

It's the Rex Obsessives who take such an opinion personally, throw the entire Jets Franchise, Owner, Front Offices (multiple), players (all of them) under the bus so their beloved Rex can remain untarnished, despite leading non-winning seasons four years in a row with a constantly declining performance year-to-year.

I'm not going to predict Rex will fail in Buffalo.

But I sure as sh*t HOPE and WISH he doesn't.  I certainly don't want him to win so I can be right on the internet about something, and crow about it while my team loses.

I'll leave that to others.

I want MY Team, the Jets, to win, and our rivals, New England, Miami, and now especially Buffalo, to lose and fail.  I want MY team to win a championship.  And after six years, four of mostly abject failure, I think that the odds are better than someone in the OTHER 2 billion people on Earth might be better than Rex would be in Year 7.

I don't want Buffalo to win one so I can be right on the internet.

Again, I'll leave that for the folks who clearly are and were rooting for Rex > Jets.

I've been a big Rex supported, but I'm really surprised he took the Buffallo job. It's a horrible situation for him. If I were him I would have taken the Atl job or TV, then wait for a better opportunity.

On the other hand. I can see Rex wanting to beat the crap out of the Jets because his pride his hurt. What is it with the AFCE and its incestual coaching changes? 

Hope we beat his ass twice a year now. At least it brings something to the Bills rivalry, which I felt was the tamest of the three rvials.

j

So, the Falcons and 49ers stopped returning his phone calls and he ends up flying to Florida to con the owners of the Bills (note that the GM wasn't present) into giving him the only job he could get. Top five coach, though.

yet more evidence that Rex was never the guy talking to Mehta the last few years.

Whaaaaat? Just because Manish is the only guy who seems to know the entire timeline and Rex's thought process during his whole job search (where, coincidentally, he's once again being unfairly victimized!)? I don't see how any of that leads you to believe that Rex was the guy talking to...oh, wait, is it the part where it's revealed that Rex wanted to stay in the league long enough to give his son a coaching job? Oh. Well, maybe. Sure.

He's D will be great, but his O is well, very Jet like, no Q .B and a good running game.

Agree. I think the Bills are a bad fit for Rex. His only chance at being a successful HC is on a team with an established QB, because he proved here that he is incapable of developing one.

And I don't want him to do well there. He's now a division rival. The only times I want him to win are when the Bills play Miami and New England.

His editor had to cut it down by 10,0000 words, and his tablet kept shorting out from the various boldiy fluids that came forth out of his love for Rex Ryan. Embarrassing all around-giving Ryan that kind of cash is insane.

Does seem that Ryan calling Atlanta to demand an answer while Blank is sitting shiva was not a selling point, which is lost on Ryan and Mehta. Which answered the prayers of Dimitrioff and Pioli.

Whaaaaat? Just because Manish is the only guy who seems to know the entire timeline and Rex's thought process during his whole job search (where, coincidentally, he's once again being unfairly victimized!)? I don't see how any of that leads you to believe that Rex was the guy talking to...oh, wait, is it the part where it's revealed that Rex wanted to stay in the league long enough to give his son a coaching job? Oh. Well, maybe. Sure.

any many here were led to believe that Pettine was deep throat!! 

Archived