First HC Hired - Rex to Bills

JetsFanatic

Bet with anyone right now they finish above us next year and reach the playoffs before we do.

Great hire. Not shocked to see Rex get picked up immediately.

Bold prediction considering they finished ahead of us this year and beat us twice. That with the immortal Rex Ryan as our coach.

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jets fan for over 40 years. How about you?

So you're saying a Jets fan can't call out other Jets fans who incessantly hate on Rex and constantly proclaim Rex won't get another HC gig. Wow, just wow. You haters keep taking it to new levels.

Disagreement with Warfish means you want to give Rex oral and you're not a real Jets fan.  

Can't get more spot on than that can you?

#JetsFanOrRexFan?

Oh great.  Now somebody else is going to question whether I am a "True Jets Fan" ™    I didn't buy a PSL, would rather watch the games on TV with my Dad and think Rex is a better coach than most on here.  I guess I am not a "True Jets Fan"   If only I had sent some money to www.fireidzik.com maybe that would have redeemed me. 

You guys remember when literally everyone said Rex would never ger another HC job? Remember when that was an actual thing that actually happened?

There were a few.  I admit that on the current board I have a tough time remembering who is rational, who is a clown, who is a troll and who is an idiot right now, but it was said by multiple posters.  There was one guy posting a clock every hour that Rex didn't get a job beyond 15 minutes because somebody supposedly said Rex would get another HC job within 15 minutes.  Never mind that was his brother 2 years ago.  

There were a few.  I admit that on the current board I have a tough time remembering who is rational, who is a clown, who is a troll and who is an idiot right now, but it was said by multiple posters.  There was one guy posting a clock every hour that Rex didn't get a job beyond 15 minutes because somebody supposedly said Rex would get another HC job within 15 minutes.  Never mind that was his brother 2 years ago.

Was it The Borg?

Jets fan for over 40 years. How about you?

So you're saying a Jets fan can't call out other Jets fans who incessantly hate on Rex and constantly proclaim Rex won't get another HC gig. Wow, just wow. You haters keep taking it to new levels.

I'm saying posts like your are a perfect example of guys who put Rex > Jets, knowingly or not.

35 years here, so at least we're close.  Difference is, I never rooted for the Buffalo Bills Coach to succeed whilst berating my fellow Jets Fans for not joining me in rooting for the Buffalo Bills Coach.

You'll have to tell me how that is being a "Jets Fan", cause I honestly don't get it.

But then again I never got guys who appear to put certain players > our team either.  People who root for those players, once gone, to "beat us" or "show us" or some other anti-Jets sentiment.

But no worries.  Unlike Rex fans, I won't be conflicted twice a year when we play Rex.  I'll simply want to destroy and embarrass him.  Whilst you "can't wait" till Rex beats us.

Can't wait to hear their excuses when Rex beats us, and that will happen.

I'm saying posts like your are a perfect example of guys who put Rex > Jets, knowingly or not.

35 years here, so at least we're close.  Difference is, I never rooted for the Buffalo Bills Coach to succeed whilst berating my fellow Jets Fans for not joining me in rooting for the Buffalo Bills Coach.

You'll have to tell me how that is being a "Jets Fan", cause I honestly don't get it.

But then again I never got guys who appear to put certain players > our team either.  People who root for those players, once gone, to "beat us" or "show us" or some other anti-Jets sentiment.

But no worries.  Unlike Rex fans, I won't be conflicted twice a year when we play Rex.  I'll simply want to destroy and embarrass him.  Whilst you "can't wait" till Rex beats us.

God willing, a guy gets blocked out of bounds and destroys Rex' knees.

God willing, a guy gets blocked out of bounds and destroys Rex' knees.

No, I don't want him hurt, or his real life to suffer (beyond professionally, which is minor given he'll have ~40 million after our the Buffalo's contracts are done).  

I simply want him to fail in Buffalo, because I am a Jets Fan and I hate Buffalo, Miami and New England.  And I want to beat him ten times in his five year deal, by 30 points every time.

I don't want him to "show us" or "teach us" or some other foolish whatever that will make Rex Obsessives happy because then can crow about "being right" while the Jets lose.

No, I don't want him hurt, or his real life to suffer (beyond professionally, which is minor given he'll have ~40 million after our the Buffalo's contracts are done).  

I simply want him to fail in Buffalo, because I am a Jets Fan and I hate Buffalo, Miami and New England.  And I want to beat him ten times in his five year deal, by 30 points every time.

I don't want him to "show us" or "teach us" or some other foolish whatever that will make Rex Obsessives happy because then can crow about "being right" while the Jets lose.

Fair enough.  I'll rescind my comment.

The Bills hiring REX is no vindication that he is a great coach. Perhaps he learned from his mistakes but he is a less than 500 coach with questionable skills on the management side of the game.

Beat us??? Of course, Marrone beat us twice. is he great?

Tebow beat REX and so did Sparano.

And we beat the Steelers that were a playoff team big whoop.. Here's where the haters go wrong. They act like Rex having Sanchez or Geno is on Par with the Pats having Brady or any other team with a franchise QB. Now if you say what if the Jets had Brady or Rogers etc.. They simply say Rex would have them hand off 50 times and pass 10 times handcuffing the QB. They have to base everything on lies or things that never happened except in their head..Now Rex is not a good HC and must work to get better or he will fail just like EVERY JET HC before him except Weeb.. BTW Tebow beat Pitt in the playoffs,Sparano won the east over the Pats and Marrone beat the Pats and Packers.. So all those HC's must suck too??

And we beat the Steelers that were a playoff team big whoop.. Here's where the haters go wrong. They act like Rex having Sanchez or Geno is on Par with the Pats having Brady or any other team with a franchise QB. Now if you say what if the Jets had Brady or Rogers etc.. They simply say Rex would have them hand off 50 times and pass 10 times handcuffing the QB. They have to base everything on lies or things that never happened except in their head..Now Rex is not a good HC and must work to get better or he will fail just like EVERY JET HC before him except Weeb.. BTW Tebow beat Pitt in the playoffs,Sparano won the east over the Pats and Marrone beat the Pats and Packers.. So all those HC's must suck too??

Coaches coach with what they have, and that is how they are judged. There is no "what if" words next to the totals. No one knows

So here is the deal...who cares.

Rex is now the coach of the Bills. Jets fans rooted for him before, now we HAVE TO root against him.  Hopefully Woody Johnson gets it right in his decision to replace Rex. Because we want this team (the Jets) to win a Super Bowl. Nothing else matters.

So here is the deal...who cares.

Rex is now the coach of the Bills. Jets fans rooted for him before, now we HAVE TO root against him.  Hopefully Woody Johnson gets it right in his decision to replace Rex. Because we want this team (the Jets) to win a Super Bowl. Nothing else matters.

I agree 100% Max I think the problem is Woody hasn't hired anyone for the masses to hate yet so they are still stuck on a coach that's not even here anymore.. LIke a vampire needs blood most Jet fans need someone to feed and crap on..

You said coaches are judged based on their record if that's true everyone should think he was bad before Brady as a HC..

I can't tell what "everyone should think". These are opinions.

Problem for you is that coaches should be judged on the entirety of their career.

One could say, the last 4 season, Rex was totally inept, while leaving out 2 decent runs. 

Archived