First HC Hired - Rex to Bills

JetsFanatic

Yo dude, hes been here longer than you. and hes a good poster whos opinion I like hearing.

So his opinion cant be wrong and is above criticism?

Is there an official join date here that infers bullet proof status to a poster?

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your defense was awful this year, it's the only team we lit up both times. He had zero talent on that roster there. The Jets roster, especially defensively is much worse than ours. He's walking into a similar situation he got when he first arrived in NY. 

No, the Jets had trouble at Cb and that is about it.  The personnel is littered with 1st rounders.  Rex will do well with your excellent defense as long as there are zero injuries and the team is strong at all spots.  Be prepared for him to fall in love with a few loyal vets and stick with them until they can't run anymore.

Your roster is so horrible, what HC do you honestly think would do anything there? Your GM destroyed your team. The defense was horrific and your offense, well we all know what that's like. It's the only team that made the Bills look great. You can resurrect Vince Lombardi, and give him the current Jets roster, and he does nothing. 

this is the narrative being sold through headlines but lets see…my money says the jets roster is not as bad as poor Rex and his media buddies made it out to be…I also would bet the Jets finish with  better record next year than Rexs Bills….your doomed..I am not mocking you I actually feel bad for you, Buffalo has some great fans you guys don't deserve the fate you have coming, you just bought a ticket to the Titanic and don't know it yet.

So his opinion cant be wrong and is above criticism?

Is there an official join date here that infers bullet proof status to a poster?

Listen your first words typed were ''Buffalo troll'' right? hes been here a while, hes not a troll. a lot of people here welcome a rival teams fans opinion, myself included. the other parts of your post I said nothing about. dont know why this is that difficult to understand :)

Your roster is so horrible, what HC do you honestly think would do anything there? Your GM destroyed your team. The defense was horrific and your offense, well we all know what that's like. It's the only team that made the Bills look great. You can resurrect Vince Lombardi, and give him the current Jets roster, and he does nothing.

Look at the entire body of work.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/12/rex-ryan-wasnt-willing-to-wait-for-falcons/

He didn't have a firm offer but it's been widely reported he was their top choice. 

I think Rex made a huge mistake. He has the exact same issue he had in NY. Good defensive talent with no quarterback. 

He asked for a second interview and the Falcons never responded. They were HIS #1 choice .. decent defense, proven NFL caliber QB but he was NOT the Falcons top pick. He was afraid of being screwed over by the Falcons 7 years ago.

Seems like a small-market-trying-to-make-a-splash kind of move. Buffalo is basically the 2009 Jets.

It's so exciting for bills fans. They can go to the afccg now and be unprepared and lose and then brag about it being one of the greatest accomplishments ever for the next ten years.

There are so many errors in this post, I'm not even going to bother.

Regardless, I love the hire. I think Rex is a really good coach, and the GM in NY had assembled quite the sh*t ass roster there. Good coaches leave bad situations in sports, it happens a lot. Sometimes it's just time to move on and get a fresh start somewhere.

I truly believe we upgraded at the HC spot. Marrone walking away benefited our franchise, I thank him for that!

Congrats on the hire!  Glad you're happy about it.  I'm surprised though because I was told Bills fans are miserable over this hire.  But then again, I was also told Rex would never be Head Coach again and if he didnt got to TV, he was destined to be a position coach for the rest of his career, so maybe sometimes you just have to considered the source around here.

I'll be honest, I'm a little surprised by the choice.  Considering his history with the QB position but he's good for a team like the Bills because he'll bring some excitement to a team that hasnt reach the playoffs since the turn of the century.  I hope he's a miserable failure for the sake of the Jets but I could see him giving you a good shot in the arm making the team believe they're better than they are.  That defense is nasty, he could get them to the best D in Football next year, easily (especially with Kiko returning).  And I think he's walking into a much better situation offensively.  While Manuel doesnt seem to be very good, he's much better than Kellen Clemens.  Watkins is better than any player Rex has ever coached on offense.  I like Woods and think that's a solid duo for the right QB.  Both CJ and Jackson cant stay healthy but CJ's a game breaker and its an easy position to replace.  OL is young and getting better.  Just like anyone team without one, it comes down the QB.  If Rex can get adequate QB play, with that D, you guys should be a playoff team next year...but that's a big IF.  

Good luck next season! 

I was told Bills fans are miserable over this hire.  But then again, I was also told Rex would never be Head Coach again and if he didnt got to TV, he was destined to be a position coach for the rest of his career. 

Good luck next season! 

work.2782775.4.flat%252C550x550%252C075%

I especially love the "good luck", blithely unaware that if the Bills have "good luck", that's a negative for OUR team.  

this is the narrative being sold through headlines but lets see…my money says the jets roster is not as bad as poor Rex and his media buddies made it out to be…I also would bet the Jets finish with  better record next year than Rexs Bills….your doomed..I am not mocking you I actually feel bad for you, Buffalo has some great fans you guys don't deserve the fate you have coming, you just bought a ticket to the Titanic and don't know it yet.

A few holes but more than enough money to fill them...just have too find a good veteran QB to go along with whoever we draft

So I got two guys in my office this morning trying to give me crap over this and that Mark Sanchez is going to go to Buffalo and take them all the way. 

I just laughed at their stupidity. They told me they thought Sanchez was good. One went so far as to say he had a "phenomenal year." 

Now, that one guy has taken the trouble of emailing a link to Mark Sanchez's stats as some kind of proof of Sanchez's awesome year. 

My response: 14 turnovers in 9 games is a "phenomenal year?"

The responses I got sounded like smashmouth and pac circa 2012.

There are so many errors in this post, I'm not even going to bother.

Regardless, I love the hire. I think Rex is a really good coach, and the GM in NY had assembled quite the sh*t ass roster there. Good coaches leave bad situations in sports, it happens a lot. Sometimes it's just time to move on and get a fresh start somewhere.

I truly believe we upgraded at the HC spot. Marrone walking away benefited our franchise, I thank him for that!

Got to agree, I think Rex will do just fine in Buffalo. Hell even the guys on GR yesterday liked it. I think he'll be like Beliprick and do quite well the 2nd time around. But, like the Jets you need to go out and find a QB. I also agree that Marrone leaving helped you. Too bad the prick walked away with $4 mil  for nothing.

work.2782775.4.flat%252C550x550%252C075%

I especially love the "good luck", blithely unaware that if the Bills have "good luck", that's a negative for OUR team.  

I work with a couple of big Bills fans - they seem to be kinda torn - but more like intrigued.

He's an interesting guy and as long as Rex is there you won't be bored.

So I got two guys in my office this morning trying to give me crap over this and that Mark Sanchez is going to go to Buffalo and take them all the way.

I just laughed at their stupidity. They told me they thought Sanchez was good. One went so far as to say he had a "phenomenal year."

Now, that one guy has taken the trouble of emailing a link to Mark Sanchez's stats as some kind of proof of Sanchez's awesome year.

Jacksontucky.

Just forward along this gif to those two dopes.  Also mention that there are another 600 terabyte's worth of similar gifs available "highlighting" Mark's stellar Jet career.  Who the frig is he throwing to?

sanchez1_original.gif?1376153643

Sanchez ? Man that IS laughable.

Would actually be an interesting move for the Bills.  They have a lot of talent on defense - and Sanchez is what he is - from what's out there he's not bad - but Rex can get back to his old school ground and pound.  I wouldn't be surprised at all if this happens.  

I can totally see Rex getting along great with these lovebirds - they're "play like a Bill" kinda people

Until they lose a lot more games than they win for a few seasons. Then everyone will fall out of love ~

terryandkim*400xx3456-3456-0-0.jpg

Its laughable because Sanchez sucks but then you remember that Rex took Sanchez to the brink twice and its not that funny anymore. 

So wait...our defense was awful so you Buffalo morons are hiring a head coach who built that awful defense and he'd bringing in his snacks buddy DC who.ran the awful defense

Rotsa Ruck

Rex brought in all the players on your defense? I didn't realize he was the GM also, since you know, that's who signs/drafts players for NFL teams...

Rex brought in all the players on your defense? I didn't realize he was the GM also, since you know, that's who signs/drafts players for NFL teams...

So how many more games will you win under Rex in 2015?  You won 9 this year right?

So with Rex, what, 12?  11?  Whats your early prediction on the +wins Rex alone will bring.

I think Rex made a huge mistake. He has the exact same issue he had in NY. Good defensive talent with no quarterback. 

Yes, and it supports all his detractors points on him. His bravado and confidence are his biggest impediment to growth.. I'm sure he is 100% confident he will win up there. Rex has a good a shot at winning in Buffalo as blatesman has of keeping his panties on at the next ilk meetup

Yes, and it supports all his detractors points on him. His bravado and confidence are his biggest impediment to growth.. I'm sure he is 100% confident he will win up there. Rex has a good a shot at winning in Buffalo as blatesman has of keeping his panties on at the next ilk meetup

I always go commando

So how many more games will you win under Rex in 2015? You won 9 this year right?

So with Rex, what, 12? 11? Whats your early prediction on the +wins Rex alone will bring.

My guess is 5, but that will be because Marrone had the great Kyle Orton and poor Rex was " stuck " with EJ...also the Bills GM will draft poorly which will kill any chance of Rex succeeding...unlike the other 31 head coaches Rex has absolutly zero influence on who is on his roster

So how many more games will you win under Rex in 2015?  You won 9 this year right?

So with Rex, what, 12?  11?  Whats your early prediction on the +wins Rex alone will bring.

I can't answer that right now. I need to see what moves we make in the offseason. We need upgrades the on the offensive line for sure. QB, no idea what their plan is. Manuel hasn't even played 16 games in his career yet. 

After the draft and free agent signings, I can then project a record a little better. If the offseason goes right, with this defense, playoffs will certainly be possible though. 

Archived