"he's going to reconfigure the scouting department" (MERGED)

Integrity28

Listening to an interview on WFAN right now, not even sure who is speaking, just turned it on and that's what he's talking about with MacCags. 

Oh, it's Jeff Darlington. He's basically getting into the weeds around how MacCags is going to re-invent the Jets commitment to scouting as a whole. Re-thinking everything. Re-evaluating how the resource scouting, the financial commitment to supporting them being out there.

I love what I'm hearing... and yes, it kind of sounds like Bradway is gone. HUZZAH!!!!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Listening to an interview on WFAN right now, not even sure who is speaking, just turned it on and that's what he's talking about with MacCags. 

Oh, it's Jeff Darlington. He's basically getting into the weeds around how MacCags is going to re-invent the Jets commitment to scouting as a whole. Re-thinking everything. Re-evaluating how the resource scouting, the financial commitment to supporting them being out there.

I love what I'm hearing... and yes, it kind of sounds like Bradway is gone. HUZZAH!!!!

He skirted around declaring Bradway gone big time, but I like what I heard. 

He is very shortly it was posted on another Jet site..

I guess the word league wide was Woody didn't want to put much effort or didn't really value our scouting dept. Reading between the lines it sounded like Jets scouts weren't on the road all that often. And the rep about Bradway dating back to his GM days was he was a bit lazy. So this makes sense

I like it.  I'd be more excited about it if this guy had a better history of drafting.  Or am I missing something?

He skirted around declaring Bradway gone big time, but I like what I heard. 

I don't understand the hate for Bradway. He is head of the scouting department and from what I understand delivered great scouting reports on players that rex and Tanny passed on, then Idzik. Bradway wanted Russell Wilson badly and Tannenbaum dismissed this. Bradway did NOT want Quinton Coples, but guess what? He also didn't like Stephen Hill, but again guess what? Seems he takes the blame for the guys our former GM's DID PICK and not the ones they didn't.

I don't understand the hate for Bradway. He is head of the scouting department and from what I understand delivered great scouting reports on players that rex and Tanny passed on, then Idzik. Bradway wanted Russell Wilson badly and Tannenbaum dismissed this. Bradway did NOT want Quinton Coples, but guess what? He also didn't like Stephen Hill, but again guess what? Seems he takes the blame for the guys our former GM's DID PICK and not the ones they didn't.

He was responsible for Dewayne Robertson.  It's been too long since we've had a FULL front office house cleaning.  Even if Bradway had his moments, he's still associated with multiple failing regimes.  He needs to go.

From the gist of the Darlington interview it didn't sound like the scoutingn staff had much of a budget to work with. I don't know how much of that was Woody...or if Bradway didn't like pounding the pavement so to speak.

I like it.  I'd be more excited about it if this guy had a better history of drafting.  Or am I missing something?

Cassery loves him and Wolf seemed to like him...He's well respected..and we don't know what picks he wanted as the GM made the final call..

but yes, outside of Watt - Houston has been very average in drafting.

He was responsible for Dewayne Robertson.  It's been too long since we've had a FULL front office house cleaning.  Even if Bradway had his moments, he's still associated with multiple failing regimes.  He needs to go.

Agreed. The entire building and staff need fumigating.

Are you Bradway's Agent?

The only evidence of any of this is...what Bradway says.

After the fact.

That's hardly credible.

In point of fact, if he really wanted those guys, he should have done a better job convincing those above him.

So he's a failure either way.  He's either full of crap about wanting those guys, or he's a bad manager who couldn't convince his superiors he was right.

In either case, bon voyage mate.

I guess the word league wide was Woody didn't want to put much effort or didn't really value our scouting dept. Reading between the lines it sounded like Jets scouts weren't on the road all that often. And the rep about Bradway dating back to his GM days was he was a bit lazy. So this makes sense

Not saying that isn't true but seems like a convenient time to criticize.  Just about every scout was replaced last off season so not sure how you can say minimal effort was put in.  I think Idzik just sucked at picking scouts and players.

I've always felt that Rex and his assistants had alot of influence in the personnel area.  I read that Thurman was the guy who hot rocked Idzik to take McDougle in the 3rd round, and it's pretty much a known that Rex was hot for Holmes, Plaxico and Mason.   I get the Bradway hate, but I think there's alot of scapegoting going on here, too.  Wasn't Clinkscales running that department for most of the time up to the hiring of Idzik?

I want Badway gone as much as the next guy.  But I doubt Mcags releases ALL the scouts right away.  Scouting for the 2015 draft began in August.  It's really hard to shift gears at this stage because generally you'd want the same people going to the combines and workouts that watched these guys all fall season.  But if he wants to clean house, then I'm all for it.  Jets have been simply woeful in drafting (all rounds, including middle and later) for the longest time.  It could be the most important change made this offseason to determine the speed by which this time becomes a genuine contender.

he was the Beta for 'work from home'

I remember that dude working from home as our GM when most folks hadnt heard of work from home yet, LOL

he was the Beta for 'work from home'

I remember that dude working from home as our GM when most folks hadnt heard of work from home yet, LOL

Ha yep. He didn't like the commute to Hofstra. I remember the first day of free agency he was with his family at Disney World.

Archived