F*cking Bevell

sourceworx

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They had one timeout. Lynch on 2nd, pass on third, Lynch on fourth.

Wouldn't have mattered, because he would have scored on 2nd down.

Lynch was running over them. He wasn't going to be stopped. Overthinking it in the extreme. 

BTW, have we completely absolved Wilson on that play? Because my ******* god that throw.

I turned the TV off 2 seconds after the play and haven't seen the reply.  I wonder if there were any opportunities to run it or just throw it away. 

so the first thing I notice here is OPI on the hawks.  you have to give butler credit, from this angle it looks like just a great play on his part

wilson needs to throw it behind lockette, but maybe a lineman prevented him form doing do

B8z8eFFCYAI4FLz_zps3e3ff330.png

That call was similar to one of those Mornhinweg double reverse QB option passes from the one

yard line that we saw this year.  Absolutely mindless, your entire offensive identity is wrapped up

in "Beast Mode" and you throw a slant from the one???  Bevell will never get a head coaching job

and I wouldn't be shocked if Carroll fires him in the offseason

This is on Carroll...he seems to be getting away with this....He even stated - they had a plan - to kill the clock, not leave any time and knew the play....He went on to say that this second down play was a play they really just wanted to waste.

Not saying Bevell doesn't deserve some of this but the vast majority of blame is on Carroll

That call was similar to one of those Mornhinweg double reverse QB option passes from the one

yard line that we saw this year.  Absolutely mindless, your entire offensive identity is wrapped up

in "Beast Mode" and you throw a slant from the one???  Bevell will never get a head coaching job

and I wouldn't be shocked if Carroll fires him in the offseason

It was dumb for sure, but remember, just like MM w/Jets, those Off calls go thru the HCs headset.

yeah I watched the replay, no d-lineman in the way, very clear alley to throw into, the blame is really mostly on wilson, with credit to butler and of course lockette could have grabbed it and not waited on it

It's the kind of thing that happens when you throw over the middle in a goal line situation - too much traffic in the middle of the field...defenders get missed.

Wow just read this, talk about throwing your player under the bus, for your own bone head play. What a POS.

"Darrell Bevell hints Ricardo Lockette could have been more physical on pivotal play."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/02/darrell-bevell-hints-ricardo-lockette-could-have-been-more-physical-on-pivotal-play/

Weasle scum. No wonder T0m had a man crush

truth is that the receiver and Wilson didn't execute well, but they never should've been put in that position.

It's the kind of thing that happens when you throw over the middle in a goal line situation - too much traffic in the middle of the field...defenders get missed.

I think the real fail here was if you are going to call a "throw away" pass here where carroll admitted they would run it on 3rd and 4th down, that was not the ideal play, lol

in hindsight a roll out or fade would be better.

the past* moved the ball all night, but with long time consuming drives.  they would have had maybe 3 plays to try to get into field goal range

I guess we can say there is plenty of blame to go around

I kept waking up at night hoping this was all a dream. The New England ******* Patriots just won another ring.

cause of deflategate, they won another * and don't forget it.............

they hadnt won since gettin caught cheating and need dumbest coach call in history to win this one

Never heard a coach say that in my life, let alone when 1-yard gets you a ring.  Waste a play?  That was the plan?  Horrible.

I don't think he knows why Bevell did it and that's the best he can think of.

Yeah, it comes over his headset but Caroll strikes me as a guy that isn't vetoing his coordinators often, he trusts them to do thier jobs

I don't want to give anyone short shrift here that doesn't live in Jacksonville, so let me just say here:

1. The play call itself resulted in this:

7A43E01B-534C-4D50-A2E9-3FA31ACFB104.jpg

Open receiver, scrambling rookie corner, clear lane to throw in. At this point, it was on Lockette to get to the spot. If he does, it's a TD or it's PI.

2. Handing it off to Lych twice is not a sure thing. Yes, the sample size is small, but even if you extrapolate it out and overcorrect for some BeastMode Factor, you aren't even close to "guaranteed" to score there with Lynch. This is the same group of fans that murders Schottenheimer for being too conservative against the Steelers at the goal line. If Lynch is stuffed twice and Wilson's pass play on 4th down is picked or knocked down, everyone is killing them for being too conservative. You're reacting to the result of the play and not the philosophy behind calling it.

3. Passing from the 1, according to PFF, has resulted in 66 TDs this season and one INT. That INT was last night.

4. Finally, if you want to kill Bevell for trying to be too clever, that's fine. But it's not the OMG worst play call of all time. It was a relatively high-percentage pass play that was undone by a receiver failing to do his job and a corner that did his.

Another example of a coordinator trying to prove how clever he is. Brian Schottenheimer disease. Lynch just barrelled over three guys on 1st and Goal from the 6 for five yards... not a time to be clever.

Exactly...had somebody ask me why they did it and that was all I could come up with.  Bevell wanted to s how everyone that he was the smartest guy in the building.  Why use my battering ram to get one yard when I can call a throw to the middle of the field?

I don't want to give anyone short shrift here that doesn't live in Jacksonville, so let me just say here:

Open receiver, scrambling rookie corner, clear lane to throw in. At this point, it was on Lockette to get to the spot. If he does, it's a TD or it's PI.

2. Handing it off to Lych twice is not a sure thing. Yes, the sample size is small, but even if you extrapolate it out and overcorrect for some BeastMode Factor, you aren't even close to "guaranteed" to score there with Lynch. This is the same group of fans that murders Schottenheimer for being too conservative against the Steelers at the goal line. If Lynch is stuffed twice and Wilson's pass play on 4th down is picked or knocked down, everyone is killing them for being too conservative. You're reacting to the result of the play and not the philosophy behind calling it.

3. Passing from the 1, according to PFF, has resulted in 66 TDs this season and one INT. That INT was last night.

4. Finally, if you want to kill Bevell for trying to be too clever, that's fine. But it's not the OMG worst play call of all time. It was a relatively high-percentage pass play that was undone by a receiver failing to do his job and a corner that did his.

Don't agree, maybe on a normal sunday and not at end of the game, but not in that spot.

1) There's a 50/50 chance that Belichick just lets Lynch scores there like the Packers did

2) You don't make that call, in that spot to your 4th string WR on a weak unit to begin with

3) "Wasting a play" Is much better done by running it, so the clock runs down

4) Play action with a roll out and run pass option would be way more understandable. QB can see the field

ya but it was only call that could give Pats ball back other than a fumble on the run. So many things can happen when u throw in middle as all Jets fan can witness to. u wanna throw, throw a fade thats a TD, PI or out of bounds

sorry your boy just committed career hari kari and you thought schotty was bad

Lynch is running over the Pats' defense. And simple fact is a big ass DL is gonna be really tired at the end of a game. They're gonna try to arm tackle Lynch isnted of bodying him. You can argue you still might not run right at Wilfork, but you have to run the ball there. Suspect if they do and even if they stop them the Pats are calling a timeout before 3rd down to try to leave Brady some time after the TD. Worst case for Seattle is you run it 3 times and fail, kick the FG and go to OT. 

Having the Patriots lose a Super Bowl while all of Mass. is buried in 4 feet of snow would have been awesome.  Why did the Seahawks have to let it slip away...? 

It really would have been nice to see them capitalize on the Green bay come back, and that last drive they had with that unbelievable catch.  

Archived