Geno or Fitz: Who starts week 1?

Mike135

Geno or Fitz: Who starts week 1?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Geno or Fitz: Who starts week 1?

So if things stay as they are at QB (no Brees, Mariota, Foles, Bradford), who starts week 1?

Based on comments in the forum, this probably isn't the popular choice, but I gotta go with Geno.  I think he has the higher upside and should improve with weapons on O.  Don't forget he played a lot of last season with Kerley as the #1 and Decker hurt.

Regardless, having Marshall/Decker/Kerely/Amaro should help either QB hopefully at least reach average QB play.

We need a qb who can keep the ball in our possession and limit turnovers although neither qb is our savior I gotta go with Fitz. Hes an experienced Veteran who knows Gaileys offense he's just got to stay healthy

We need a qb who can keep the ball in our possession and limit turnovers although neither qb is our savior I gotta go with Fitz. Hes an experienced Veteran who knows Gaileys offense he's just got to stay healthy

True, and I wouldn't be upset if Fitz starts.  Just hoping Geno takes another step (or two) in his 3rd year and now with weapons.  In that scenario Fitz would be a solid backup who already knows the system and can help Geno learn it.

The camp battle better be a real battle though and not like that BS last year when Vick wasn't given a chance.  May the best QB win the job!

I think geno.....more upside. If he plays as bad as last year, we still win 8 games just because of improvements on defence. We were close in most of our losses Last year. However I feel he will show improvement with the addition of marshal, and a new system. i gave up on Marty when he ran the ball against the pats with 3rd and 7 in the red zone. So many times I was wanting to see a pass to the end zone and he ran the ball. Hope galey will be more creative in the redzone.

I think geno.....more upside. If he plays as bad as last year, we still win 8 games just because of improvements on defence. We were close in most of our losses Last year. However I feel he will show improvement with the addition of marshal, and a new system. i gave up on Marty when he ran the ball against the pats with 3rd and 7 in the red zone. So many times I was wanting to see a pass to the end zone and he ran the ball. Hope galey will be more creative in the redzone.

Yup.  Especially now with Marshall 6'4" and Decker 6'3" as targets to go up and overpower CBs.

Fitzpatrick will start. Geno should start. The young QB is in the Jets best interests. He has shown flashes of talent, and I believe Gailey can make him more consistent in that regard.

I heard the same diatribe when they brought in Marty M. At some point it's hard to ignore overthrowing receivers, throwing the ball out of bounds on sideline routes, and holding onto the ball far too long. And that's just a few of the things he does that he doesn't do well. You can fix some things but you cant make him a more accurate passer and that is his biggest struggle.

Clearly Geno.... we all know what's Fitz is about, including in Gailey's system; smart, low risk, low ceiling. He's the perfect band aide if the wheels come off... but anyone here has a fcking clue about WV and Geno's time there, then you're anxious to see where this thing goes with him

I heard the same diatribe when they brought in Marty M. At some point it's hard to ignore overthrowing receivers, throwing the ball out of bounds on sideline routes, and holding onto the ball far too long. And that's just a few of the things he does that he doesn't do well. You can fix some things but you cant make him a more accurate passer and that is his biggest struggle.

Wasn't Marty brought in when Geno was a rookie? Weird diatribe to hear when no one really knew what to expect out of Geno.

Gailey has had NFL success with Kordell Stewart and Tyler Thigpen. He's a much better offensive coordinator than MM.

Clearly Geno.... we all know what's Fitz is about, including in Gailey's system; smart, low risk, low ceiling. He's the perfect band aide if the wheels come off... but anyone here has a fcking clue about WV and Geno's time there, then you're anxious to see where this thing goes with him

Good way to look at it.  Though a deep threat speedster would help a bit in that case.  Maybe Owusu begins to fill that role.

Only an idiot who thinks this team is SB worthy would suggest you go with Fitz over Geno to start the season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only an idiot who thinks this team is SB worthy would suggest you go with Fitz over Geno to start the season

Wait. What? Who is saying this team is SB worthy? They're playoff worthy with Fitz, top ten draft pick worthy with Geno.

Wasn't Marty brought in when Geno was a rookie? Weird diatribe to hear when no one really knew what to expect out of Geno.

Gailey has had NFL success with Kordell Stewart and Tyler Thigpen. He's a much better offensive coordinator than MM.

You're right, but my point still stands that everyone thought coming into last year that Geno showed so much promise at the end of his rookie year and then he was back to hot garbage last year. Doesn't matter who is calling the plays.

Wait. What? Who is saying this team is SB worthy? They're playoff worthy with Fitz, top ten draft pick worthy with Geno.

Then why not get the top ten pick? You dont understand football overly well if you think NY brought fitz in here to be the defacto starter over Geno. You also don't understand Gaileys system, nor the one Geno had success in at WV.... At this point in not sure what you understand.

Then why not get the top ten pick? You dont understand football overly well if you think NY brought fitz in here to be the defacto starter over Geno. You also don't understand Gaileys system, nor the one Geno had success in at WV.... At this point in not sure what you understand.

Can you tell me what girls like? I don't understand that either.

What I do understand is Gailey has used a variety of offenses and is a smart enough guy to tailor it to the talents and strengths of the current team he is coaching. What he did elsewhere and what Geno ran elsewhere is moot.

You don't understand economics really well if you think that management and Woody want this team to miss the playoffs again so that they can possibly get yet another "franchise" QB in the 2016 draft. That's not how this works. The NFL is a league where you can turn things around in the offseason and still be rebuilding while putting on a playoff run.

You don't trade for Fitz, Marshall, and bring on Revis and Cro and then say, let's get a top ten pick while wasting another serviceable year of Mangold, Brick, Etc. That's not smart business or football.

But. Please. Continue telling me what I do not understand.

Only a blind idiot who either didn't watch or doesn't understand how deeply horribly poorly he played would suggest you go with Geno over anyone.

Let me guess, if we just give Mark Sanchez Geno Smith four more years, he might just show us he's a great QB!

How about "whomever wins the job plays"?

Oh, right, that would be Fitz, wouldn't it....

Can you tell me what girls like? I don't understand that either.

What I do understand is Gailey has used a variety of offenses and is a smart enough guy to tailor it to the talents and strengths of the current team he is coaching. What he did elsewhere and what Geno ran elsewhere is moot.

You don't understand economics really well if you think that management and Woody want this team to miss the playoffs again so that they can possibly get yet another "franchise" QB in the 2016 draft. That's not how this works. The NFL is a league where you can turn things around in the offseason and still be rebuilding while putting on a playoff run.

You don't trade for Fitz, Marshall, and bring on Revis and Cro and then say, let's get a top ten pick while wasting another serviceable year of Mangold, Brick, Etc. That's not smart business or football.

But. Please. Continue telling me what I do not understand.

You're still out to lunch. It doesn't matter if you, or I - think Geno's any good. The reality is, he's still a franchise investment who's periodically flashed at a position we presently have no answers at. Todd and co. picked Gailey for a reason... they looked ahead and thought - we'll, we're sure as fck won't be stumbling on any Andrew Lucks in 2015, so let's go find someone that Geno might actually be able to function with in Gailey, and if that goes in the sh*tter too, no one will care if we yank him by week 3 and throw in the bandaide.... 

I don't think Geno's fit to be a franchise QB, but I also know what the pony show called Fitzmagic looks like.... a .500 start that peeters into obligatory. I guarantee you, unless he face plants in the preseason, they're gonna roll out the young kid in the new system so they can decide whether they can jettison that project and put it on cruise control with Fitz for the rest of the season. That's what game planning and managing your franchise looks like. ...

the ALTERNATIVE (this where you're lost I think) is starting Fitz - and if they goes poorly (which it probably will eventually) then you have throw Geno in there to appease the fans and see where he's at... the risk of course, is that he flashes a couple times towards the end of hte season, and you're right fcking back where we were last season wondering if you should try it again. Starting Geno first, lets you put that to bed, and begin thinking about options to overhaul in 2016.

Boom. 

Only a blind idiot who either didn't watch or doesn't understand how deeply horribly poorly he played would suggest you go with Geno over anyone.

Let me guess, if we just give Mark Sanchez Geno Smith four more years, he might just show us he's a great QB!

How about "whomever wins the job plays"?

Oh, right, that would be Fitz, wouldn't it....

Fck that. don't label me. Read my post above. I'm all about moving on. You wanna do it the right way, then you listen to me. You wanna do it the retard way, then you do it your way.

Archived