Ringmaster Rex Signs John Connor to Bills

jgb

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The biggest knock on him is his 40 but he bailed out Winston on a regular basis.

Him and Benjamin were his biggest targets in the 2013 championship season. Greene was really good too. How do you think he projects in the NFL? The word from scouts was that he was under-sized, but he's got great hands and route-running. That always counts for something.

Him and Benjamin were his biggest targets in the 2013 championship season. Greene was really good too. How do you think he projects in the NFL? The word from scouts was that he was under-sized, but he's got great hands and route-running. That always counts for something.

Undersized and slow normally doesn't translate well in the NFL but he knows how to make plays. I'm guessing he'll be a solid TE but not a probowler.

Rex went to Kentucky to draft a linebacker.

He comes back with Conner who by all accounts would have been undrafted.

That is REX.

Actually,  with the intention of playing largely a ground a pound,  the Bills needed another FB.

Actually,  with the intention of playing largely a ground a pound,  the Bills needed another FB.

And they still need another one because Connor is terrible.  He literally still has a career because of that one hit he put on a guy in a preseason game.  If he hadn't done that, he wouldn't be in the NFL.  The only way that Connor continues to have an NFL career is if Rex Ryan is able to maintain a head coaching job.  

And they still need another one because Connor is terrible.  He literally still has a career because of that one hit he put on a guy in a preseason game.  If he hadn't done that, he wouldn't be in the NFL.  The only way that Connor continues to have an NFL career is if Rex Ryan is able to maintain a head coaching job.  

I have to agree that Conner has pretty much been non-existent.  

Bills will be 8 and 8. I predict. REX will last 2 years.....and fulfill what many have stated.

REX and Buddy Ryan are the same.

Mighty taco will name a Taco after him called the Fat REX.

I think we will do better than 8&8.  I am not making any predictions about Rex's longevity.  I want to see how everything (new coaches, players, etc) comes together this season.  

The commentary on Rex impacting the roster spans 6 years. Idzik ****ed up 2 of them. In other words, whatever your ******* point is, it's irrelevant to the Rex wisecracks we're making. :P

no actually it's not. Obviously Rex had roster influence ...the first thing he did here was show up on Bart Scott's door at midnight of FA with a suit case full of cash and a hard on

What also is quite clear, is that there no way Rex signed off on the talentless rosters under Idzik, look no further the the CB position for proof of that.

One could easily argue that the rosters in the Tanny era where much more Rex influenced then the rosters under Idzik, when btw the team was decidedly worse 38-32 vs 12-20..

Can any one name any time Conner had an impact on a game??? I'm sure it happened but......

he is a role player, at best. Should have gone undrafted.

Reason he is a fullback is because he can't run.... He hits a hole and blocks. Does neither well.

Truthfully I can't remember one big time block he has made.  Doesn't mean he hasn't had a few but nothing comes to my mind.  I am very intrigued by the Jets signing of J. C. Copeland; now THAT dude can block! 

no actually it's not. Obviously Rex had roster influence ...the first thing he did here was show up on Bart Scott's door at midnight of FA with a suit case full of cash and a hard on

What also is quite clear, is that there no way Rex signed off on the talentless rosters under Idzik, look no further the the CB position for proof of that.

One could easily argue that the rosters in the Tanny era where much more Rex influenced then the rosters under Idzik, when btw the team was decidedly worse 38-32 vs 12-20..

No actually it does. 

The first four years Rex clearly had his hands all over the roster, the last 2 years Idzik wouldn't given him anything BECAUSE of how much he ****ed it up the first two. So, as I said, the commentary on Rex v. Roster spans 6 years. If you listened to Woody's press conference after firing these two nincompoops, he outright said he wanted Rex to be  more vocal about who he wanted with Idzik. Meaning, Rex could have informed better choices (by some unGodly chance) but chose to take a passive route with Idzik. Fans like to push the narrative that Idzik tied his hands, but the reality is that Woody was almost behind Rex more than anyone. If Rex asserted himself, he could have ended up with a different outcome. 

So, for the same reasons Rex's over-involvement in the roster with Tanny was a detriment, his under-involvement was just as much a problem. Thereby making my remark correct, and making it necessary for you to gfy.

We got us a forensic scientist here, folks

No actually it does. 

The first four years Rex clearly had his hands all over the roster, the last 2 years Idzik wouldn't given him anything BECAUSE of how much he ****ed it up the first two. So, as I said, the commentary on Rex v. Roster spans 6 years. If you listened to Woody's press conference after firing these two nincompoops, he outright said he wanted Rex to be  more vocal about who he wanted with Idzik. Meaning, Rex could have informed better choices (by some unGodly chance) but chose to take a passive route with Idzik. Fans like to push the narrative that Idzik tied his hands, but the reality is that Woody was almost behind Rex more than anyone. If Rex asserted himself, he could have ended up with a different outcome. 

So, for the same reasons Rex's over-involvement in the roster with Tanny was a detriment, his under-involvement was just as much a problem. Thereby making my remark correct, and making it necessary for you to gfy.

Huh? Your original statement was made with the intent of mocking people who say Rex had little say in the roster, most of whom are referring to the Idsick years, but now you agree with them that he didn't he didn't have much say during that time. So, Im not sure what point you think you are making.

Huh? Your original statement was made with the intent of mocking people who say Rex had little say in the roster, most of whom are referring to the Idsick years, but now you agree with them that he didn't he didn't have much say during that time. So, Im not sure what point you think you are making.

Relax cupcake, I just posted a bunch sh*t as a dressed-up preamble to saying GFY

How many people remember a single block Tony Richardson made? The guy was a top level FB for a decade and a half. The Gold Standard and he is best remembered for Schottenheimer sending him in motion.

I remember 7/8ths of them. Life-changing, all.

if the bills want a strong running game, didn't they have one with Fred Jackson and CJ Spiller?  What have they gained by obtaining different rb's who are pretty good, but not necessarily an upgrade over what they had? 

That's too bad. I liked Connor - thought he was a very good blocker, esp on special teams

Hitting people hard now and then does not constitute a good blocker. Tony Richardson was a great blocker and one of the biggest reasons we were a top running team in 09 and 10 . Connor was never able to duplicate or even come close to what Tony did. Blocking the right guy in the right situations and hitting the correct hole are what's important to be a great blocker Connor did none of those things or he would still be playing on a run oriented football team like we were

Archived