Tampa CB CJ Wilson Loses 2 Fingers From Fireworks

Jet9

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found this on there too....pretty ****ed up.

Graphic De’Andre Johnson punch video likely means no NFL for him

Posted by Mike Florio on July 6, 2015, 4:23 PM EDT
johnson.jpg?w=250Getty Images

As noted earlier today regarding the lingering lack of interest in running back Ray Rice, we all know what an assault looks like. But when we can see it, that changes everything.

For Florida State quarterback De’Andre Johnson, who in theory could have become the next NFL quarterback groomed for success by coach Jimbo Fisher (joining the likes of first-rounders JaMarcus Russell, Christian PonderEJ Manuel, and Jameis Winston), Johnson’s chances of ever making it to the NFL have decreased dramatically now that visual evidence has surfaced of the violent blow he delivered to the head of a woman at a bar in Tallahassee last month.

The Tallahassee Democrat has obtained surveillance video showing Johnson punching the female (fast forward to roughly 1:50 to see the full exchange), who apparently was trying to buy a drink and past whom Johnson was trying to push.

Local authorities had come under fire for releasing the victim’s name but redacting Johnson’s name from the police report that was made available to the public.

“[W]e had to release the victim’s name because she did not fall into an exemption, and we’re not allowed to just take their names out,” Tallahassee Police Department spokesman David Northway told the Democrat on Friday. “And we had to — we had — to redact the suspect’s name in the case because it’s an ongoing investigation.”

Regardless of what Florida State does with Johnson, whatever he accomplishes on a football field at FSU or elsewhere, or however the prosecution is resolved, the NFL likely will have to shun Johnson, simply because anyone can see what we already knew he did.

That suspension is bullsh*t. The bitch hit him first, and he acted in self-defense. She committed battery and should get sued as such. He'll walk. Of course the feminists in this country think that women should have free reign to do what they want just because they have a vagina. Don't like getting knocked out? Don't punch another dude and a football player no less. Granted, he probably could have handled it differently (either by putting her in submission or walking away entirely) but I don't entirely blame him for what he did. 

Luckily it's not a huge loss for FSU. They still has Everett Golson for this year, and Malik Henry for next.

That suspension is bullsh*t. The bitch hit him first, and he acted in self-defense. She committed battery and should get sued as such. He'll walk. Of course the feminists in this country think that women should have free reign to do what they want just because they have a vagina. Don't like getting knocked out? Don't punch another dude and a football player no less. Granted, he probably could have handled it differently (either by putting her in submission or walking away entirely) but I don't entirely blame him for what he did. 

Luckily it's not a huge loss for FSU. They still has Everett Golson for this year, and Malik Henry for next.

I might have to watch the video again. I have no idea when the world made it ok for guys to ever hit girls. I'm very old though. I guess. WTF. 

List of Things not to do if you are a professional athlete:

1. Kill people

2. Rape people

3. Beat women

4. Drive drunk

5. Smoke weed

6. Shoot fireworks off in your bare hand.

Not that difficult.

I might have to watch the video again. I have no idea when the world made it ok for guys to ever hit girls. I'm very old though. I guess. WTF. 

Shouldn't the rule be, no one should ever hit anyone? Once you raise your hands like a man, you do not get to cry "I'm just a girl, I wanna go skip jumprope!"

Ridiculous.  He went straight to knock-out mode.  He deserves what he gets.

List of Things not to do if you are a professional athlete:

1. Kill people

2. Rape people

3. Beat women

4. Drive drunk

5. Smoke weed

6. Shoot fireworks off in your bare hand.

Not that difficult.

Maybe if athletes were allowed to do #5 they would do less of the others.

Maybe if athletes were allowed to do #5 they would do less of the others.

Not disagreeing with you from a moral standpoint. But if I was paid a million+ a year and my employer had a no banana policy, I wouldn't eat bananas.

Not disagreeing with you from a moral standpoint. But if I was paid a million+ a year and my employer had a no banana policy, I wouldn't eat bananas.

agree,, most teams now have a no motorcycle, paragliding etc clause sin contract,, some ban in season, some whole year..

agree,, most teams now have a no motorcycle, paragliding etc clause sin contract,, some ban in season, some whole year..

It's the reason Aroid is a Yankee. All because Aaron Boone decided to play a pick up basketball game.

Shouldn't the rule be, no one should ever hit anyone? Once you raise your hands like a man, you do not get to cry "I'm just a girl, I wanna go skip jumprope!"

Yeah but some people think that women should be allowed to take advantage of a man's sense of decency

Yeah but some people think that women should be allowed to take advantage of a man's sense of decency

Yeah, but only because women don't know any better, are not responsible for their own actions and don't hurt when they hit, like toddlers. You'd never hit a toddler back, right?

You don't hit a woman because it is a total disproportionate use of force. Unless the girl is Ronda Rousey, an unarmed woman can always be walked away from before you incur serious injury.  With one punch most men could knock a woman out and break her face in.

It isn't about feminism or political correctness.  Sometimes you have to just be the bigger person and walk away when you have such a huge advantage over someone.  Being "right" in a bar argument is worth nothing.

Archived