Revis Calls Out Sanchez On AFC Championship Games - Are You F+_)*% Kidding Me?

SAR I

Back in the day I would say he was above average.  Geno has never reached that pinnacle.

I never, ever thought that Sanchez was above average. In fact I would have cut my arm off for average play from him. Geno has nothing to do with it. He's another issue

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He did contribute to the 4 game videos you posted.

He had a lot of talent around him.

The fact that he did not shine the same way in subsequent years with less talent left him exposed and perceived as a less than average QB not to mention his endless, aggravating picks.

His regression in performance since those games you posted was epic and that's what people remember.

I guess it boils down to "Who was the real Marc Sanchez"?

What really irked me about him was his lack of accountability in the post games.

Who says, "It was bad luck"?

Not a "leader".

Agree with all of this, but the Jets knew this too and yet they didn't just surround him with 'average' talent; they surrounded him with below-average talent. So what did they expect? Chaz Shillens to replace Braylon Edwards? Tony Sparano as an offensive coordinator? Tim Tebow to mess with his head? Games lost on defense where his HC scapegoats him?

And even the greatest QB's of all time can't make it work with crap around them. They too get exposed and perceived as less than average. Look at Brett Favre as a Falcon or Steve Young as a Buc. Look at Eli Manning. Surround him with the proper playmakers and he's a Super Bowl MVP. Pick the wrong players, overlook the right free agents, you get what you have now.

SAR I

Oh how sweet it was!!!

People can say what they want but boy (Sanchez play hid behind off in that stretch..,,,

The truth is Sanchez had 6 winning game winning drives in 2010 and four 4QT comebacks.  In 2011 Sanchez had 5 game winning drives and five 4QT comebacks.  For a QB with only 1 YEAR OF COLLEGE EXPERIENCE he was fine.

And those on this thread who continually say his playoff stats are no good and he was carried by the team.  Well Sanchez has had the 3rd highest post season QB rating at 94.3 among active QBs who have thrown more than 150 passes for awhile now.  Only Rogers 103.1 and Brees 100.7 and now Russell Wilson (don't know his exact numbers) are higher...

Also to all those out here spouting foolishness that Sanchez had all this great talent on the team, who pray tell were these great WRs or TEs that Sanchez was throwing the ball to?  Chad, Plex, Mason?

Or how about those greats that Jets fans love to OVER VALUE like Holmes, Edwards, Cotch or even Kerley.  The truth is this last group is AVERAGE at best.  It is easy to see for any unbiased Jets fan not looking through the world with Jets Green Colored Glasses. 

Think, how many probowles out of that group did they produce? Answer none. Zlich Nanda... NO ONE but Sanchez had this great WR corp.  No he didn't.

In fact this is the first year IMO that the Jets have obtained quality WR talent.  Think on this the last probowl WR the Jets have had was Keyshawn Johnson and folks out here dog on him!!

Hmmm what about the other side of this lie that Sanchez was "holding back the talent around him".  Well if that was the case we would see players just thriving once they left the Jets with the Yoke of the Sanchez from around their collective necks. 

Well what do we see?

Cotch last year made some noise finally but he hardly is a number one WR on anyone's list and I loved the guy. 

Hmm what about Holmes? Currently a free agent cause he hasn't produced squat since he left. 

The Masons, Plez, Chad and the rest of the motely crew most of whom should have never been acquired are barely in the NFL if they are there at all!!! 

I could go on but it is actually embarrassing to say the Jets had all this offensive skill talent on the Jets when they OBVIOUSLY DID NOT in 2009 and 2010!!

Did Sanchez suck at times sure he did...  SURE HE DID!!!!! 

But to say that Sanchez held back the Jets from being this great team is preposterous on its face... SO stop it!!  

Just saying :)

Great post, says it all.

Mark Sanchez had his flaws, but he got off to the most promising start any rookie NFL QB could ever imagine and was the best quarterback we've had since Joe Namath and we didn't invest in him; instead, we threw him away.

SAR I

Just watched some youtube clips of all those big games Tim Tebow won for the Broncos....man...why did we ever let that guy go?

Exactly only the clueless think you can judge a player off a handful of highlights on YouTube. Every scrub, never has been has a highlight video that makes them look like Hall of Famers.

give any elite QB the defense and run game and o-line sanchez had and they win the SB at least once

that is what revis was getting at

mark did not

c'mon scott, you can figure this one out on your own

give any elite QB the defense and run game and o-line sanchez had and they win the SB at least once

mark did not

Let's be fair though...he's an elite youtube QB...one of the best ever.

Lol

Like Sanchez was even good in 2010 either. He was he beneficiary of unbridled, impossible luck. Didn't he set the NFL record for most interceptions throw that were dropped by the defense?

His stats may have been better but it was a mirage. He was still a crappy QB. Sometimes players just aren't the real deal. Physically he was born with enough tools but so are lots of guys who aren't NFL starters. Like many, in the end he's just an over-drafted backup QB who shows flashes.

With Sanchez on the roster already, even his QB Whisperer over in Philly - who had him, coached him, and worked with him the entire prior season - was willing to trade away another starting QB in Foles, and MORE, to bring in an always-injured Sam Bradford, with 1 year left on his contract, at $13 million. Kelly knows, too. He doesnt want his and the team's fate again linked to Sanchez unless it's as a backup due to the real starter getting injured, and the excuse of another failed season is therefore built in.

Geez, freaking Revis knows it and just said it, and surely dozens of other players from those Jets teams feel/felt the same but didn't speak out publicly. Revis is just one of the few whose production + talent (and age and guaranteed contract) allows him to call out anyone else for holding the team back without any (sane) fan pointing the finger back in his direction to share the blame. How disheartening it must be to make a play and get off the field, and your QB's ineptitude sends you right back out there (if not putting points on the board for the other team outright). Over and over and over.

He's gone. Hes not a Jet. He's an Eagle. Let the great myth of the coulda been/woulda been Magical Mark Sanchez die.

I had to hold my breath every time he threw a screen pass!

Great post, says it all.

Mark Sanchez had his flaws, but he got off to the most promising start any rookie NFL QB could ever imagine and was the best quarterback we've had since Joe Namath and we didn't invest in him; instead, we threw him away.

SAR I

Yeah but that's because he sucked in 2012 and 2013.  And he continued to suck with the Eagles last year.

It was the right move.

The truth is Sanchez had 6 winning game winning drives in 2010 and four 4QT comebacks.  In 2011 Sanchez had 5 game winning drives and five 4QT comebacks.  For a QB with only 1 YEAR OF COLLEGE EXPERIENCE he was fine.

Football version of Linsanity.

Jeremy Lin sucks now too.

Exactly only the clueless think you can judge a player off a handful of highlights on YouTube. Every scrub, never has been has a highlight video that makes them look like Hall of Famers.

Find me Ben Hartsock's highlight reel

You mean the half naked dance he did with the 2 underage girls with his headband on?

Hang on a minute...I hadn't even made that connection...we've seen pictures of SAR begging a couple of teenagers to take their tops off, and now here he is defending Sanchez who also had his questionable situation with some underage girls...hmmm

Begging is probably out of line...he was merely supporting those who were screaming for it.

Hang on a minute...I hadn't even made that connection...we've seen pictures of SAR begging a couple of teenagers to take their tops off, and now here he is defending Sanchez who also had his questionable situation with some underage girls...hmmm

Begging is probably out of line...he was merely supporting those who were screaming for it.

I never did see those pictures.  And you are being kind using the word "questionable".

I remember that video SAR made where he invited random dudes he found on Craigslist to meet up in a parking lot so he could film them ******* his wife's feet in the back of the family's minivan. Truly one of the more perverse acts I've ever seen committed on the Internet.

Wait, was that SAR?

I remember that video SAR made where he invited random dudes he found on Craigslist to meet up in a parking lot so he could film them ******* his wife's feet in the back of the family's minivan. Truly one of the more perverse acts I've ever seen committed on the Internet.

Wait, was that SAR?

Couldn't tell you who that was...not my thing but if all participants were of legal age, I have no issue with you taking a gander.

Wait, was that SAR?

I thought that was Rex Ryan.

I never, ever thought that Sanchez was above average. In fact I would have cut my arm off for average play from him. Geno has nothing to do with it. He's another issue

Your opinion vs. my opinion.  I think he's an above average backup now, you may think he's dog poop.  Doesn't matter.   Just hoping Geno can emerge from the dog poop heap for our sake. 

Football version of Linsanity.

Jeremy Lin sucks now too.

Hmmmm maybe?

I have never said Sanchez was great as a QB ever, but as I said then and now his play wasn't awful for a guy with one year of college experience who should have never been starting in his first year, EVER.  

Pete Carroll his then own college HC said that Sanchez wasn't ready to play in the NFL.  He wasn't ready.  The Jets brain trust decided they knew best and picked and started him anyway.  Whose fault is that?

So Sanchez playing poorly at times does not absolve the big boys who drafted him and consistently downgraded the offensive skill positions around him

All I have ever said concerning Sanchez is that the FO and Rex at the time were clueless about developing a QB and that opinion I believe has been vindicated over time.

And despite what you posted above Sanchez did not stink last year with the Eagles as these quotes attest:

"There is no denying that the Sanchez benefitted from playing in Kelly's system last year. Sanchez completed 64.1% of his passes last season(Highest percentage in Eagle History), considerably higher than the 55.1% he completed during his time with the New York Jets. 

EAGLES: Defense better in a 4-3?

Still, even if the system did help him, Sanchez was the Eagles' best quarterback last year. Even though he finished 4-4 as a starter, he had the tough task of facing the Green Bay Packers, Seattle Seahawks and Dallas Cowboys (twice). With Sanchez under center, the Eagles offense averaged more points and more yards than it did with Nick Foles. 

Sanchez's strong play is why the team brought him back on a two-year deal worth $9 million, $5.5 million of which is guaranteed. "

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2015/07/is_eagles_mark_sanchez_the_best_backup_qb_in_nfl.html

Hmmmm maybe?

I have never said Sanchez was great as a QB ever, but as I said then and now his play wasn't awful for a guy with one year of college experience who should have never been starting in his first year, EVER.  

Pete Carroll his then own college HC said that Sanchez wasn't ready to play in the NFL.  He wasn't ready.  The Jets brain trust decided they knew best and picked and started him anyway.  Whose fault is that?

So Sanchez playing poorly at times does not absolve the big boys who drafted him and consistently downgraded the offensive skill positions around him

All I have ever said concerning Sanchez is that the FO and Rex at the time were clueless about developing a QB and that opinion I believe has been vindicated over time.

And despite what you posted above Sanchez did not stink last year with the Eagles as these quotes attest:

"There is no denying that the Sanchez benefitted from playing in Kelly's system last year. Sanchez completed 64.1% of his passes last season(Highest percentage in Eagle History), considerably higher than the 55.1% he completed during his time with the New York Jets. 

EAGLES: Defense better in a 4-3?

Still, even if the system did help him, Sanchez was the Eagles' best quarterback last year. Even though he finished 4-4 as a starter, he had the tough task of facing the Green Bay Packers, Seattle Seahawks and Dallas Cowboys (twice). With Sanchez under center, the Eagles offense averaged more points and more yards than it did with Nick Foles. 

Sanchez's strong play is why the team brought him back on a two-year deal worth $9 million, $5.5 million of which is guaranteed. "

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2015/07/is_eagles_mark_sanchez_the_best_backup_qb_in_nfl.html

Touchdown to interception ratio in 2014 was 34th in the league. 14 TDS 11 INTS.  "Strong play" is strong language.

Touchdown to interception ratio in 2014 was 34th in the league. 14 TDS 11 INTS.  "Strong play" is strong language.

Here in lies the truth my friend.  If Sanchez was better at the TD to INT ratio does anyone really think that Bradford would have been drafted by the Eagles? 

The answer to that question is clearly, No!!!

So Sanchez was a 50/50 QB last year... 

Sanchez is what your eyes told he was as a Jet, an erratic NFL QB until further notice.

In truth I was just messing with you  :)

I know Sanchez had to go.

I just wont let the Jets coaching staff and FO off the hook by saying they constructed the team perfectly and only a rookie QB held them back when the Jets FO and coaching staff refused to listen to those professionals who said that the guy wasn't ready.

They were the ones who arrogantly drafted him and they should forever be branded their foolishness! 

Slow summer posting....

Here in lies the truth my friend.  If Sanchez was better at the TD to INT ratio does anyone really think that Bradford would have been drafted by the Eagles? 

The answer to that question is clearly, No!!!

So Sanchez was a 50/50 QB last year... 

Sanchez is what your eyes told he was as a Jet, an erratic NFL QB until further notice.

In truth I was just messing with you  :)

I know Sanchez had to go.

I just wont let the Jets coaching staff and FO off the hook by saying they constructed the team perfectly and only a rookie QB held them back when the Jets FO and coaching staff refused to listen to those professionals who said that the guy wasn't ready.

They were the ones who arrogantly drafted him and they should forever be branded their foolishness! 

Slow summer posting....

CB how do you draft a player that's been in the NFL for 5 years?? LOL I agree too bad Favre didn't come back for 2009-10 and Sanchez could have sat and learned..

Your opinion vs. my opinion.  I think he's an above average backup now, you may think he's dog poop.  Doesn't matter.   Just hoping Geno can emerge from the dog poop heap for our sake.

We both agree on agent. Today that's all that counts. Sanchez is long gone

People conveniently forget how incredibly bad, yet lucky Sanchez was in 2010. For a good stretch of that season, he was really bad. Each game was 55 minutes of dogsh*t QB play, followed by some last minute heroics.

He was Tim Tebow before Tebow had his "magical" season in 2011. The only difference was Sanchez wasn't a lily-white Jesus freak, so he didn't get the same praise for his lousy play and dumb luck.

Yeah but that's because he sucked in 2012 and 2013.  And he continued to suck with the Eagles last year.

It was the right move.

Any quarterback would have sucked on the 2012 and 2013 Jets. Be real.

Judging Mark Sanchez now is pointless, he was put through the ringer here and fresh start or not, he's damaged goods.

Travel back exactly 4 years ago today, July 2011, not a single fan or media member had a negative thing to say about Mark Sanchez. He'd just created an 11-5 season with 5 miracle comeback wins, won 2 more playoff games, was the best player on the field in yet another Championship Game, things were just fine at QB in New York.

This "Sanchez sucked" nonsense comes from ignorant fans who choose to disregard the lousy rosters, lousy coordinator, and lousy head coach who did everything they could to destroy him.  I mean, if you had a blank piece of paper and drew up a plan to take your 23 year old hot QB prospect who went on a 16-4 run, won 4 playoff games, and played his very best under the bright lights of high-pressure games in a tough city, it would look just like this:

Let playmakers like Braylon Edwards and Plaxico Burress and Ladanian Tomlinson go unreplaced.

Bring in Tim Tebow to mess with his head.

Use every decent draft pick on the defense.

Flirt with Peyton Manning to mess with his head.

Add someone like Wayne Hunter to the offensive line.

Hire Tony Sparano to be his offensive coordinator.

Mission accomplished.

SAR I

mark did not

The Rex Ryan Jets were built to win on 1) a dominant defense and 2) a powerful running game.  That was the Rex Ryan plan.  Look at the 2009-2010 Jets and you'll see they couldn't handle the elite postseason teams they ran into in AFC Championship Games.  Look at the 2011-2013 Jets and you'll see they both failed miserably for the whole season.

Fans spend 100% of their time looking back at those seasons and scapegoat Mark Sanchez as the reason why the team failed.  They spend 0% of their time discussing the real culprits:  Lousy running game, lousy defense.  "Ground & Pound" and "We'll take two of theirs" were Rex Ryan's mantra's, not "Air Sparano".  You don't judge McDonald's on its sliced apples; you judge them on their hamburgers.  It's how they're built.  It's what they invest in.

SAR I

Archived