Revis Calls Out Sanchez On AFC Championship Games - Are You F+_)*% Kidding Me?

SAR I

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree that the talent level fell after 2010. Just was responding to your statement that the line and others were gone because of Holmes. But also don't agree that the talent was solely the reason Sanchez failed to develop. It's on him, I never looked at the bad Sanchez and thought with a few extra players he would be a star, elite. In the end like 90% of QBs they don't make it to top third status because they lack something.

Sanchez wasn't and will never be a star, I agree. Surrounded by a great team however he was serviable.

Revis didn't blow the 10-point lead...the parade of mediocre CB's they had behind him on the roster blew it.  Were you really surprised to find that Lito Sheppard, Drew Coleman and Donald Strickland couldn't slow down Peyton Manning and the Colts?

And yes, Sanchez was the reason they fell behind 24-0...he fumbled the ball away to the Steelers that was returned for a TD and he had a little something to do with the "0" in that score.

The defense surrendered a total of 17 points that day, on the road in one of the toughest stadiums to play in the NFL and it wasn't good enough to overcome their horrible quarterback.

Revis didn't blow the 10-point lead...the parade of mediocre CB's they had behind him on the roster blew it.  Were you really surprised to find that Lito Sheppard, Drew Coleman and Donald Strickland couldn't slow down Peyton Manning and the Colts?

And yes, Sanchez was the reason they fell behind 24-0...he fumbled the ball away to the Steelers that was returned for a TD and he had a little something to do with the "0" in that score.

The defense surrendered a total of 17 points that day, on the road in one of the toughest stadiums to play in the NFL and it wasn't good enough to overcome their horrible quarterback.

And.....in addition to his awful first half, Sancho failed on 4 tries in the second to get the team from inside the 5.

The Butt fumble.   The most overblown play in the history of the NFL.  The media ridicules the Jets and Jets fans fall right in line.   One play does not a career make.

You're right.

It's the other hundreds of plays in which he sucked that defines his career.

Sanchez wasn't and will never be a star, I agree. Surrounded by a great team however he was serviable.

Surrounded by what he had those first two seasons how many QBs wouldn't have been at least serviceable?

I think "led" is a little strong.

He was a cog in the wheel.

Yeah, we won this 2010 game on the strength of our defense.  I encourage you to watch this short clip.  I can post up the rest of the miracle wins from the Denver, Detroit, Cleveland, and Pittsburgh games too, games in which our defense blew late leads and only Mark Sanchez saved our glorious 11-5 season from becoming a 6-10 season.

SAR I

Yeah, we won this 2010 game on the strength of our defense.  I encourage you to watch this short clip.  I can post up the rest of the miracle wins from the Denver, Detroit, Cleveland, and Pittsburgh games too, games in which our defense blew late leads and only Mark Sanchez saved our glorious 11-5 season from becoming a 6-10 season.

SAR I

He did contribute to the 4 game videos you posted.

He had a lot of talent around him.

The fact that he did not shine the same way in subsequent years with less talent left him exposed and perceived as a less than average QB not to mention his endless, aggravating picks.

His regression in performance since those games you posted was epic and that's what people remember.

I guess it boils down to "Who was the real Marc Sanchez"?

What really irked me about him was his lack of accountability in the post games.

Who says, "It was bad luck"?

Not a "leader". 

SAR I

Oh how sweet it was!!!

People can say what they want but boy (Sanchez play hid behind off in that stretch..,,,

The truth is Sanchez had 6 winning game winning drives in 2010 and four 4QT comebacks.  In 2011 Sanchez had 5 game winning drives and five 4QT comebacks.  For a QB with only 1 YEAR OF COLLEGE EXPERIENCE he was fine.

And those on this thread who continually say his playoff stats are no good and he was carried by the team.  Well Sanchez has had the 3rd highest post season QB rating at 94.3 among active QBs who have thrown more than 150 passes for awhile now.  Only Rogers 103.1 and Brees 100.7 and now Russell Wilson (don't know his exact numbers) are higher...

Also to all those out here spouting foolishness that Sanchez had all this great talent on the team, who pray tell were these great WRs or TEs that Sanchez was throwing the ball to?  Chad, Plex, Mason?

Or how about those greats that Jets fans love to OVER VALUE like Holmes, Edwards, Cotch or even Kerley.  The truth is this last group is AVERAGE at best.  It is easy to see for any unbiased Jets fan not looking through the world with Jets Green Colored Glasses. 

Think, how many probowles out of that group did they produce? Answer none. Zlich Nanda... NO ONE but Sanchez had this great WR corp.  No he didn't.

In fact this is the first year IMO that the Jets have obtained quality WR talent.  Think on this the last probowl WR the Jets have had was Keyshawn Johnson and folks out here dog on him!!

Hmmm what about the other side of this lie that Sanchez was "holding back the talent around him".  Well if that was the case we would see players just thriving once they left the Jets with the Yoke of the Sanchez from around their collective necks. 

Well what do we see?

Cotch last year made some noise finally but he hardly is a number one WR on anyone's list and I loved the guy. 

Hmm what about Holmes? Currently a free agent cause he hasn't produced squat since he left. 

The Masons, Plez, Chad and the rest of the motely crew most of whom should have never been acquired are barely in the NFL if they are there at all!!! 

I could go on but it is actually embarrassing to say the Jets had all this offensive skill talent on the Jets when they OBVIOUSLY DID NOT in 2009 and 2010!!

Did Sanchez suck at times sure he did...  SURE HE DID!!!!! 

But to say that Sanchez held back the Jets from being this great team is preposterous on its face... SO stop it!!  

Just saying :)

Archived