Revis Calls Out Sanchez On AFC Championship Games - Are You F+_)*% Kidding Me?

SAR I

Why is this so hard for some to accept!!

Did Sanchez play awfully in a Jets uniform at times? Of course!!

Did he play well at times, even out playing Brady in the playoffs? Yes of course he did!

Even New England Newspapers, commentators and fans thought so.  

See this:

http://nesn.com/2011/01/mark-sanchez-outduels-tom-brady-as-jets-advance-to-afc-championship-with-28-21-win/

Mark Sanchez best QB on the field!  See this:

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/columns/story?columnist=oconnor_ian&id=6028800

These are not Jets fans this was the national media.

Only Jets fans denigrate their own players at the first chance they get..

He was great against the Pats...other than that he was fair to terrible.  Averaged fewer than 2 TD and 200 yards per game.  Defensive mastermindery and a running game overcame him.

If he's this good, why didn't somebody give him a multi-year, big money contract to lock him  up for the next 5-6 seasons?

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because he didn't have Terry Pegula's address?

But he's an amazing QB and the Bills aren't the only NFL team in the market for a franchise quarterback to build around...yet nobody did...nobody.  

But he's an amazing QB and the Bills aren't the only NFL team in the market for a franchise quarterback to build around...yet nobody did...nobody.

The Rams and Eagles wanted him, which is two (2) NFL teams, which is actually one (1) more NFL team who wanted Sanchez than wanted Rex.

The Rams and Eagles wanted him, which is two (2) NFL teams, which is actually one (1) more NFL team who wanted Sanchez than wanted Rex.

I'll choke you Tom Shane!!! I'm trying to Chanel my inner Walt michaels

He was great against the Pats...other than that he was fair to terrible.  Averaged fewer than 2 TD and 200 yards per game.  Defensive mastermindery and a running game overcame him.

If he's this good, why didn't somebody give him a multi-year, big money contract to lock him  up for the next 5-6 seasons?

Again the issue isn't whether or not Sanchez was the greatest QB in the world and if he should get long term contracts or not?

But rather can we say a QB with one year of true college experience played very well for us in the playoffs despite his limitations?  My answer is yes.

That is all.

I look at how the Jets handled Sanchez and in no uncertain terms I am a Sanchez apologist. 

To this day I can't understand how the Jets or any of their fans could believe that a QB with as limited experience as Sanchez had coming out of college was going to come in here, play lights out and win a SB.  It was NEVER done before and Sanchez didn't do it.  Let me repeat, no QB in NFL history was asked to play and start with as little football experience in the modern game as Sanchez, ever.

How that could be your plan A is absolutely beyond me and to many fans IMO blame Sanchez for the Jets not having a realistic and workable long term plan in place for victory.

i really dont see this as calling out sanchez for the losses at all. what he is saying is that the team got that far with not much at thew quarterback position......i think hes just being optimistic about the upcoming season in which we will have a pretty good team surrounding a mystery at qb.

Sanchez was LIGHTS OUT during the 2009 & 2010 playoffs.

2009: If Shonn Greene doesn't get hurt, jets could run the ball more & kill the clock. Strickland doesn't pull up lame, Drew Coleman wouldn't have exposed us as much as he did. Rex was OUTCOACHED in 2nd half. Team never showed up after halftime.

2010: If Brick picks up the blitzing CB who BLINSIDES Sanchez under 3 seconds, there's no fumble for a TD prior to halftime. Score would have been 10-0 Steelers. Jets were led furiously back by Sanchez to rally. Defense could not tackle Emmanuel Sanders on A KEY 3rd Down stop in 4th Qtr. no time left jets lose. Offense was on FIRE in 2nd half. Rex did not have team prepped heading into game.

Sanchez was NOT the problem, if anything, more of the contributing factor we even made it that far. Anyone b!tching about #6's playing during the playoffs is a moron.

Since Pitt was shutout in the 2nd half of the AFCCG in 2010 and the Jets scored 16 of their 19 points in the 2nd half was Tomlin out coached??

Since Pitt was shutout in the 2nd half of the AFCCG in 2010 and the Jets scored 16 of their 19 points in the 2nd half was Tomlin out coached??

No. The Jets had MORE TALENT but Pittsburgh was a BETTER TEAM and, by my definition, you don't get "out coached" if your team wins (despite yielding the points they did in 2nd half). If Pitt had lost, I would say yes.

No. The Jets had MORE TALENT but Pittsburgh was a BETTER TEAM and, by my definition, you don't get "out coached" if your team wins (despite yielding the points they did in 2nd half).

The team came out in a daze. Offense couldnt maintain a drive and the defense got obliterated on Pittsburgh's first possession. They were spent after the Patriots game- coaching staff deserves some blame for that...put all their eggs in that game.

No. The Jets had MORE TALENT but Pittsburgh was a BETTER TEAM and, by my definition, you don't get "out coached" if your team wins (despite yielding the points they did in 2nd half). If Pitt had lost, I would say yes.

Fair enough so when the Jets beat the Pats the week before BB was out coached??

Fair enough so when the Jets beat the Pats the week before BB was out coached??

Who is to say. The game was rather close throughout. I would say the Jets PLAYERS wanted it more than the Pats' players in that game as vengeance for their national drubbing/embarrassment in December 2010. The Jets Coaching staff should have measured the player emotions better so as not to have the burnout they had the next week to begin against Pitt. Jets showed they can dance, as did Sanchez which is the point of the thread, and contend with ANYBODY in at 2nd half. Damn shame.

Who is to say. The game was rather close throughout. I would say the Jets PLAYERS wanted it more than the Pats' players in that game as vengeance for their national drubbing/embarrassment in December 2010. The Jets Coaching staff should have measured the player emotions better so as not to have the burnout they had the next week to begin against Pitt. Jets showed they can dance, as did Sanchez which is the point of the thread, and contend with ANYBODY in at 2nd half. Damn shame.

I suppose in 1998 in the Denver AFCCG with the fumbles and blowing a lead in the 2nd half the Tuna was out coached?? If you say no I'm starting to believe you think Rex is the only HC in NFL history that could be out coached.. BTW some Pat players said after that home loss to the Jets in the playoffs that Rex out coached BB but what do they know?? LOL

Revis is merely telling the truth. With a competent passing attack the Jets would have been in the Super Bowl both years. Vs. the Colts, once Shawn Green went down the jets needed a few scoring drives and the Sanchez/Schitty scared Ryan Pussyball gameplan couldn't do it. And vs. Pitt, the offense DID NOTHING all first half. Wasn't the greatest day of Ryan's defense because as usual he refuses to understand all defenses are going to fail a bit every game. 

The Jets did not win either game because facing superior QBs the jets offense sucked something awful. If you want to run/run/pass punt in a big game you will fail. Rex Ryan, the NFL's fakest of tough guys,  by his own design runs  a scared sissy nancified  offense. 

The Rams wanted Sanchez the same way the Falcons and 49ers wanted Rex...so I guess that makes it 3-2.

how could a 24-0 deficit be on the defense? If it was 24-31 that's on the defense. The Sanchez offense couldn't get a first down in Pitt

Bart Scott's fault.

Again the issue isn't whether or not Sanchez was the greatest QB in the world and if he should get long term contracts or not?

But rather can we say a QB with one year of true college experience played very well for us in the playoffs despite his limitations?  My answer is yes.

That is all.

I look at how the Jets handled Sanchez and in no uncertain terms I am a Sanchez apologist. 

To this day I can't understand how the Jets or any of their fans could believe that a QB with as limited experience as Sanchez had coming out of college was going to come in here, play lights out and win a SB.  It was NEVER done before and Sanchez didn't do it.  Let me repeat, no QB in NFL history was asked to play and start with as little football experience in the modern game as Sanchez, ever.

How that could be your plan A is absolutely beyond me and to many fans IMO blame Sanchez for the Jets not having a realistic and workable long term plan in place for victory.

Nobody was asking him to be the best QB in the NFL, simply asking him not to be the worst QB in the NFL...he wasn't up to the task.

So then the Jets go into 6 playoff games in Rex's first two seasons, all on the road with a bottom of the league, inexperienced QB and win 4 of those games.

While being the underdog in every one of those games.

Pitt was the better team, with more talent, especially at the most important position on the field.

Yet Rex was out coached how?

The team came out in a daze. Offense couldnt maintain a drive and the defense got obliterated on Pittsburgh's first possession. They were spent after the Patriots game- coaching staff deserves some blame for that...put all their eggs in that game.

Thats only way to approach playoffs as a wildcard/massve under dog.

The Rams wanted Sanchez the same way the Falcons and 49ers wanted Rex...so I guess that makes it 3-2.

But neither eagles or rams wanted him to start. A feeling Geno will be having in about 9 months.

how could a 24-0 deficit be on the defense? If it was 24-31 that's on the defense. The Sanchez offense couldn't get a first down in Pitt

Too bad Sal Alosi was already gone he couldve tripped the player running Sanchez fumble back for a TD.

But neither eagles or rams wanted him to start. A feeling Geno will be having in about 9 months.

Yup...Rex didn't interview for an assistant/back-up job like Sanchez did. Only as HC and first one hired.

I have to say I think its really revisionist history to say Sanchez was awful in the playoffs as some in this thread have said, don't give me the numbers or the stats, he played good enough all 6 games, the Steelers game was probably the worst of the 6 and he was not the main reason we lost.

I have to say I think its really revisionist history to say Sanchez was awful in the playoffs as some in this thread have said, don't give me the numbers or the stats, he played good enough all 6 games, the Steelers game was probably the worst of the 6 and he was not the main reason we lost.

This is the truth and what is wrong with saying this?

Does this mean he should still be here? Nooooooo

But even a broken clock is right twice a day and Sanchez was fine in the playoffs. 

IMO Sanchez was much better in the playoffs than say Pennington or Matt Ryan so far but that doesn't mean you would chose him over either.

Archived