Jets should be Super Bowl contenders

Freemanm

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right on cue.  Every time we put two or three games together, the "we going to the Super Bowl" bluster rears its ugly head.  

I still remember when Nagle went 4-0 in the preseason and everyone was anointing him as the new Jet savior.  All you heard was that the Jets were Super Bowl bound.  What really happened? A 4-12 record.

Simmer down.  Take it one game at a time.  Lets win a division b4 we crown ourselves super bowl champions.  Lots of work to be done.  We need to beat a reeling Eagles team at home.  It wont be easy.  Stay focusd my friends. 

agghhhh Let the guy enjoy this. We are not the players and it is unimportant if we get optimistic and look ahead as long as our team doesn't. The good news is it looks like our new staff is pretty good at remaining focused. 

We have been miserable for a few years now and it is nice to have hope. I personally love the OP and will make him muffins if he so desires. 

Who in the AFC scares you enough to think the Jets can't be the second ranked team in the conference behind the cheats ?

The Jets as of this moment are very much in the playoff conversation and they are only 2 games into a new Offensive and Defensive Scheme.

The Jets are also for the first time in years stacked with depth.

To not be excited and talking the possibility of a SB is to not be a true fan.

Second best point differential in the NFL, least amount of points given up, huge time of possession advantage and 11 turnovers ..... every one of those stats are what SB contenders live on. We did that against a very good Cleveland Defense probably top ten and a top five offense in the Colts own house.

I'm very damn optimistic because I thought we could contend at the beginning of training camp as soon as Geno got his ******* face smashed in.

Who in the AFC scares you enough to think the Jets can't be the second ranked team in the conference behind the cheats ?

The Jets as of this moment are very much in the playoff conversation and they are only 2 games into a new Offensive and Defensive Scheme.

Second best point differential in the NFL, least amount of points given up, huge time of possession advantage and 11 turnovers ..... every one of those stats are what SB contenders live on. We did that against a very good Cleveland Defense probably top ten and a top five offense in the Colts own house.

I'm very damn optimistic because I thought we could contend at the beginning of training camp as soon as Geno got his ******* face smashed in.

No idea who the hell your taking to.  80 is the only not true fan around here I know of. 

Real talk, Fitz is golden in that pocket so far, but his deep balls are what Fitz has struggled most in if you want to criticize his game so far. You put Glennon on this team with his accurate deep passes along with Devin Smith coming back from injury and this offense is top 5 all day long. 

VTF, do you trade Sheldon to Bucs for Glennon and a #1 pick?

After watching the first two games, especially the destruction of the Colts, I strongly feel the Jets Can make a legit Super Bowl run this year. 

We have a 2000-Ravens type D defense that you only see maybe once a decade. If you look at the talent, it is Super Bowl caliber.Barring maybe New England (they just seem to know how to score points, I'm afraid), I just don't see any offense this year that the Jets D can't shut down.

All Fitz and co. Need to do is not turn the ball over. Seriously, If the offense can scrape up 14 to 17 points, the Jets are probably going to win the game.

I give you a thumbs up because I appreciate those who are not afraid to demonstrate optimism on this board.

After watching the first two games, especially the destruction of the Colts, I strongly feel the Jets Can make a legit Super Bowl run this year. 

We have a 2000-Ravens type D defense that you only see maybe once a decade. If you look at the talent, it is Super Bowl caliber.Barring maybe New England (they just seem to know how to score points, I'm afraid), I just don't see any offense this year that the Jets D can't shut down.

All Fitz and co. Need to do is not turn the ball over. Seriously, If the offense can scrape up 14 to 17 points, the Jets are probably going to win the game.

tumblr_mm8dcuttpR1qc0cxpo1_500_zpsuypeon

@Savage69 Sanchez is twice the QB Fitz is physically, and for some reason he can turn on a switch in the big spot even thou he looks so bad in others.  His playoff numbers, and success speak for themselves.  Gimme Sanchez with this group, and I'd like the Jets chances if they got to the playoffs better.

@Savage69 Sanchez is twice the QB Fitz is physically, and for some reason he can turn on a switch in the big spot even thou he looks so bad in others.  His playoff numbers, and success speak for themselves.  Gimme Sanchez with this group, and I'd like the Jets chances if they got to the playoffs better.

Well in that case I agree in the playoffs Sanchez has 9 tds and 3 picks while Luck also has 9 tds but 12 picks.. Would you still take Sanchez?? BTW Fitz has never been in the playoffs so who knows what he would do??

If anyone thinks Fitzpatrick is going to beat the likes of Brady, Ben, Flacco, or Manning in a playoff game your in for a rude awakening.  Sadly the Jets have every single piece of the puzzle except the starting QB.

yeah but the thing is, Fitz/Geno don't have to beat them. All they had to do is not turn the ball over and manage the game. I'm telling you, if the Jets can muster 14 to 17 points, they're probably going to win the game. 

And yes,the Jets starters played like crap during the preseason games. All, I'm saying is that they have a defense that I really haven't seen since the 2000 Ravens. They have a real opportunity this season. 

I know we're all used to being cynical, but we have reason to believe this season.

Well in that case I agree in the playoffs Sanchez has 9 tds and 3 picks while Luck also has 9 tds but 12 picks.. Would you still take Sanchez?? BTW Fitz has never been in the playoffs so who knows what he would do??

I have an idea of what he can do in the playoffs based on his physical limitations, and I don't like his chances.  Maybe Fitz will have his first, and probably only winning season of his career this year, and the jets can get their young players some playoff experience so the 2016 QB can hopefully take the step that I don't think Fitz can take unfortunately, and I'm all for being wrong on this trust me, but I don't think I am.

I have an idea of what he can do in the playoffs based on his physical limitations, and I don't like his chances.  Maybe Fitz will have his first, and probably only winning season of his career this year, and the jets can get their young players some playoff experience so the 2016 QB can hopefully take the step that I don't think Fitz can take unfortunately, and I'm all for being wrong on this trust me, but I don't think I am.

Was Fitz ever on a team with the Number 1 D or a great rushing offense?? Lets see how the season unfolds I have no clue how he would do either..

that's what I'm saying man, thanks for the backing

you are supposed to ween yourself off the crack, not just go cold turkey

you notice the people making fun really don't have an answer to this question

It's kind of scary when you think of the fact that there is some talent that will be coming back too. It's early - but I really, really like the looks of this years team and coaching staff.

Even bigger than Fitz's performance, which was predictable by anyone not blinded by irrational dreams of Geno's "ceiling," is the pure aggression to get the ball on defense. It's swarming and suffocating and it is beautiful.

No.  He never hit guys in stride.  Always high or behind them.  They always have to slow down stop to catch it.  Fits arm stinks but his brain makes up for a lot.  He has a nice touch on short and medium passes.  His long ball is best avoided.  

No.  He never hit guys in stride.  Always high or behind them.  They always have to slow down stop to catch it.  Fits arm stinks but his brain makes up for a lot.  He has a nice touch on short and medium passes.  His long ball is best avoided.  

how in the hell does Fitz arm stink ? What games have you been watching ?

I recall Sanchez hitting Edwards in stride for a 80 yard TD in 09 AFCCG, and Holmes in stride for a 50 yard TD pass in 10 AFCCG, and a couple other nice passes in the PLAYOFFS.  Yes in the regular season for the most part he stunk, but what he was able to do in those 6 playoff games Fitz would never be able to do, he will never be able to go toe to toe with Rivers, Manning, Brady.  Sanchez walked that walk.

Archived