Rapelisberger vs Revis : Concussions

Jetfan13

Let me get this straight. Rapist gets his head smashed into the ground, follows the protocol and has been cleared to play this week. Revis didn't get hit all that badly, at least not as I could tell, but he cant even sit in on meetings yet? Something stinks in either Pitt or NJ.

Concussions affect different people in different ways and sometimes changing ways.

Revis has been playing defense a long time.  This can't be his first time getting hit in the head.  Not a good sign that this is taking long to heal.

Could also cast some doubt about ability to move him to safety.

Also, the symptoms they look for in the practice week afterwards are pretty much self-reported I believe.  So anyone that doesn't care about their post-football life can lie about them.  I wouldn't be shocked if some do lie about it - though clearly Revis wouldn't.

Revis already missed a game. This would be his second. It's entirely possible his is more severe than Ben's

both players have to pass a test from an independent (not employed by the team) neurologist to play.

that being said, these protocols are probably too weak. the DJ Fluker story is disturbing. 

http://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/2015/12/1/9828768/do-the-san-diego-chargers-players-trust-the-medical-staff

Ronda Rousy gets a concussion in UFC she's can't fight for 6 months, meanwhile the NFL has these guys going on Sunday after a Wednesday Concussion. 

Let me get this straight. Rapist gets his head smashed into the ground, follows the protocol and has been cleared to play this week. Revis didn't get hit all that badly, at least not as I could tell, but he cant even sit in on meetings yet? Something stinks in either Pitt or NJ.

image.thumb.jpg.31b85418e536c54f9628ade5

It depends on how bad the concussion is I would assume. I forgot what player it was but I remember reading about a football player who had a concussion and for almost 3 months he stated how he had this "cloudy" feeling. 

He was talking about how he was seriously scared because he thought that he may have had permanent damage. The feeling he said eventually went away but during those 3 months having that same feeling every day he said he had experienced nothing like that before. 

There's no telling what Revis is going though. 

Concussions affect different people in different ways and sometimes changing ways.

Revis has been playing defense a long time.  This can't be his first time getting hit in the head.  Not a good sign that this is taking long to heal.

I seem to remember him missing the end of a game earlier this season from having hit his head

How badly did he get hit? When did it happen? Is there video of it?

Chris Lopresti ‏@CLoprestiWFAN 34m34 minutes ago
Revis came in for treatment and a light workout. He's been sent home early every day since the concussion. Not good. #NYJ
1 retweet 0 likes
Reply Retweet 1 
More

Connor Hughes ‏@Connor_J_Hughes 35m35 minutes ago
Revis did what he’s done the last 10 days: Came in for treatment, then went home. This concussion a serious one.

I had one concussion that I now of and I made the mistake to work through it. Four months later I woke up and I was running JetNation. I don't remember how or why but I will never underestimate a concussion again.

I had one concussion that I now of and I made the mistake to work through it. Four months later I woke up and I was running JetNation. I don't remember how or why but I will never underestimate a concussion again.

Maybe Revis will start a message board too. ?

You don't have to be a big hitter to plat FS the way Revis would, the big hitting comes from the strong safety in this case hopefuly Pryor.  If it does come to Revis having to move to Safety down the road, nobody was afraid of Rod Woodson laying you out in his later successful years playing FS.

You don't have to be a big hitter to plat FS the way Revis would, the big hitting comes from the strong safety in this case hopefuly Pryor.  If it does come to Revis having to move to Safety down the road, nobody was afraid of Rod Woodson laying you out in his later successful years playing FS.

He'll be a great center fielder when the time comes and he'll really pad his career INT stats then.

Archived