I Take it all back

JohnnyLV

Watching the coin toss again.

It looked like Slater just misspoke, and really meant to receive.

I love how the ref immediately went to Cromartie and was adamant on getting a quick answer to, "Where do you want to recieve". It's ALMOST as if the ref knew what Slater meant, but didn't give a sh*t, and was like, "Quickly, Cro, give me an answer before someone stops it."

I love it. I don't believe for A SECOND that Belichick actually meant to receive. Why the **** would he? Brady and Gronk just got into a rhythm where they were picking on our DBs and tied the game.

Yes.

How weird was that?

I honestly had the feeling it was a make up for the F'ed up call the LJ made when he called time out, to put 2 seconds back on the clock after he noticed  Decker was totally uncovered earlier.

He has never played with two receivers as good as Marshall and Decker; now with emergence of Tompkins and Enunwa with Powell out of the backfield, Fitz has put up some incredible numbers this season.  The most important thing has been the poise and confidence he has played with all year. 

And the fact he's throwing it, and finding the open man reading 4 guys out there. I don't care who the receivers are, Fitz is playing great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I'm the arsehole that started the "...jets still pretenders" thread a few weeks ago so I'll have to take it back too.

great job by the jets today..win or lose next week I can not, and will not,    demean what has been an absolutely fantastic effort by a team that has shown resolve and leadership.

win or lose next week, our 2016 QB, HC, and GM are set. After what I've seen from those 3 this year, I'm extremely excited.

And the fact he's throwing it, and finding the open man reading 4 guys out there. I don't care who the receivers are, Fitz is playing great.

Marshall and Decker as a duo are having one of greatest seasons in Jet History.  Lets not diminish their accomplishments.... 

Marshall and Decker as a duo are having one of greatest seasons in Jet History.  Lets not diminish their accomplishments.... 

Don't intend to, they're awesome. But the whole notion that a guy off the street can do what Firz is doing just because we have Marshall and Decker is nonsense.

Don't intend to, they're awesome. But the whole notion that a guy off the street can do what Firz is doing just because we have Marshall and Decker is nonsense.

Agreed and not sure who gave you that notion.... 

How are you feeling?

You have defended the Jets all year long.....

I paid attention  :)

Happily stunned at this team. Multiple times during this season, the Jets could have fallen into the SOJ trap. And multiple times they have flown above the trap.

Now, next week, might be another, but if Denver loses twice or Pittsburgh loses to Cleveland (unlikely but possible) the Jets are in automatically. And if Jets/Bills is flexed, the Jets might be in an interesting position.

Todd Bowles has been brilliant keeping his team on an even keel.

Happily stunned at this team. Multiple times during this season, the Jets could have fallen into the SOJ trap. And multiple times they have flown above the trap.

Now, next week, might be another, but if Denver loses twice or Pittsburgh loses to Cleveland (unlikely but possible) the Jets are in automatically. And if Jets/Bills is flexed, the Jets might be in an interesting position.

Todd Bowles has been brilliant keeping his team on an even keel.

Thanks

When many, including me, were losing our minds out here you were consistently keeping things in very good perspective.....

I really watched the Jets games and they were so professional today.  They could have lost today but it would have taken miracle plays by the Pats to beat them

Think about that...

Pats didn't have a chance without miracle plays...   Nice for a change....

I am loving reading this, because I was one of the few people who said the second we signed Fitzpatrick that he was a better option than Geno, and his track record in the Gailey offense combined with our strong D made us a potential wild card contender.  I'm glad key players have stayed healthy and it's come to fruition.  Let's win one more to get into the Super Bowl tournament.

yeah...  Fitz is playing well but the reactions are wayyy over the top.

he's got a top 5 WR tandem to pass to every week and that more than anything is the reason for our success thus far.  I still maintain had he been on the team last year we would have capped out at 5 wins. 

Love his heart, moxie, professionalism and intangibles but he's admitted on a lot of big plays this year he just launches it up for Marshall and lets him make the play.  Still want to see what he does next week and in the playoffs if we get there.

yeah...  Fitz is playing well but the reactions are wayyy over the top.

he's got a top 5 WR tandem to pass to every week and that more than anything is the reason for our success thus far.  I still maintain had he been on the team last year we would have capped out at 5 wins. 

Love his heart, moxie, professionalism and intangibles but he's admitted on a lot of big plays this year he just launches it up for Marshall and lets him make the play.  Still want to see what he does next week and in the playoffs if we get there.

By mid season last year the team due to injury barely resembled an Area league roster at best. Management sank this team with no depth. Mac assembled a team with players that pressed each other for playing time and it shows now in this playoff push

Archived