Ryan Fitzpatrick: MERGED

kelly

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Snell41 said:

Fitz is as good as gone. With Brock going to HOU we will be in a bidding war with DEN, who just showed they can win with limited QB play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There has been absolutely no connections between the 2. More with RGIII and Kap.

There has been absolutely no connections between the 2. More with RGIII and Kap.

Yea, there was no connection with Forte coming here. I highly doubt Elway signs RG3, and to be honest can't see them trading for Kaep. Fitz is the perfect QB for that team, limited but smart.

2 hours ago, aec4 said:

Hate to say it... but if Bradford and Osweiler are worth 18M per year...  Fitz isn't far behind.  He has a longer body of work which could help us save a little bit, but Osweiler 18M?  Come on if he can get it playing 6-7 games with the best defense in 5-10 years winning the games for him, so can Fitz.

Fitz is what he is.  Part of what you pay for with an Osweiler is that he will continue to grow, that he isnt a fully developed player.  

Fitz is a 32 going on 33 year old QB who just had his career year that you pray can duplicate going forward

6 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Looks like the market is trying to tell Fitzy's agent something:

Thad Lewis - QB -  49ers

49ers signed QB Thad Lewis, formerly of the Eagles, to a one-year contract.

Lewis spent last season holding a clipboard for Sam Bradford in Philadelphia. He'll slide in as San Francisco's No. 3 quarterback behind Blaine Gabbert and Colin Kaepernick. Lewis hasn't seen an NFL snap since 2013 when he started six games for Buffalo.

Mar 9 - 6:16 PM

ESPN's Adam Schefter mentioned Mike Glennon as a possible trade target for Denver.

The Broncos were caught off guard by Brock Osweiler leaving to join the Texans and are now scrambling to find a starting quarterback. Glennon was moderately successful as a rookie in 2013 but lost his job to Josh McCown the following season and didn't play at all behind Jameis Winston in 2015. Colin Kaepernick and Robert Griffin have also been mentioned as possible replacements for Osweiler.
Mar 9 - 6:23 PM

Kapernick! Kappernick! Kapernick!:crossfingers:

Just now, cant wait said:

It's funny how guys who haven't played in years are getting way more interest than fitz. Guess they aren't buying into the hype 

Fitz is a BUM in the and is my worst nightmare the Jets will resign this guy that 31 other NFL teams DO NOT WANT 

10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Fitz is what he is.  Part of what you pay for with an Osweiler is that he will continue to grow, that he isnt a fully developed player.  

Fitz is a 32 going on 33 year old QB who just had his career year that you pray can duplicate going forward

History is he wont he had his best year last year and it wasn't good enough to make the playoffs. 

24 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Fitz is as good as gone. With Brock going to HOU we will be in a bidding war with DEN, who just showed they can win with limited QB play

If Denver just showed they can win with limited QB play why would they then get themselves involved in a "bidding war" with a QB of limited capacity.

3 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Rappaport just said Fitz is looking for $18mil.  Not 18 over the life of a deal, but 18 per year.

Umm...

giphy.gif

If that is the case then the Jets need to move on from Fitz and quickly cause that means he is on crack and we cant have drug abusers on the team!!!

I can't see anyone pay Fitz that asking price. Frankly if he can get it, he should take it. Given his career numbers last year, an aging offensive line, a soft schedule, and a relatively healthy season from his skill players it is not difficult to foresee regression from Fitzpatrick this coming season. If that is the case, I am not interested paying 17+ per year for slightly above replacement level QB play. If we lose him, we lose him. Go draft your next, hopefully, franchise QB. 

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

History is he wont he had his best year last year and it wasn't good enough to make the playoffs. 

History doesn't say he won't or can't.  And his year was good enough to make the playoffs most years.  These reasons aren't real reasons to let him go.  If he wants the money it's rumored he wants that's a reason to let him go.  

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

History doesn't day he won't or can't.  And his year was good enough to make the playoffs most years.  These reasons aren't real reasons to let him go.  If he wants the money it's rumored he wants that's a reason to let him go.  

Hes not worth anywhere near whats rumored. 

15 minutes ago, Wilkshake69 said:

I can't see anyone pay Fitz that asking price. Frankly if he can get it, he should take it. Given his career numbers last year, an aging offensive line, a soft schedule, and a relatively healthy season from his skill players it is not difficult to foresee regression from Fitzpatrick this coming season. If that is the case, I am not interested paying 17+ per year for slightly above replacement level QB play. If we lose him, we lose him. Go draft your next, hopefully, franchise QB. 

what's interesting is who leaked this or did he make it up.  Fitz isn't going to leak this, so it had to be the jets trying to soften the blow with fans explaining why they couldn't sign him

Just now, Larz said:

what's interesting is who leaked this or did he make it up.  Fitz isn't going to leak this, so it had to be the jets trying to soften the blow with fans explaining why they couldn't sign him

It could very well be Fitzpatrick's agent. Fitz shares the same agent as Brock Osweiler; who just spurned Denver. The Broncos have a need at QB now, making a public asking price can create a bidding war between the Jets and other QB-needy teams. 18 millions is obviously ridiculous for Fitz in terms of cap value, but isn't ridiculous when compared to some of the other contracts handed out today. Brock Osweiler has like 7 career starts and was guaranteed franchise QB money...

Just now, Larz said:

holy sh*t that gif.  the aaaaaaaaaaaaa kills me !

Right?  I'm not sure if that's been around the web for a while or not, but I saw it last night for the first time.  Been crackin' up every time I see it and trying to fit it in a comment.

Fitz wanting $18mil seemed like a good place for it.

"I'M OUT, F### IT, AAAAAAAA"  and he jumps off a cliff. 

1 minute ago, Wilkshake69 said:

It could very well be Fitzpatrick's agent. Fitz shares the same agent as Brock Osweiler; who just spurned Denver. The Broncos have a need at QB now, making a public asking price can create a bidding war between the Jets and other QB-needy teams. 18 millions is obviously ridiculous for Fitz in terms of cap value, but isn't ridiculous when compared to some of the other contracts handed out today. Brock Osweiler has like 7 career starts and was guaranteed franchise QB money...

I don't think the agent would leak a number, he would leak that the player is talking to multiple teams.  He would be silly to do that in case some team is willing to go to 18.5

the hilarious agent leak is always the "player is close to signing"... leak.   its like what's next, "no really he has a pen and he's about to use it..."

Just now, Larz said:

I don't think the agent would leak a number, he would leak that the player is talking to multiple teams.  He would be silly to do that in case some team is willing to go to 18.5

the hilarious agent leak is always the "player is close to signing"... leak.   its like what's next, "no really he has a pen and he's about to use it..."

I think that it is still very possible that this leak came from his agent. Throwing out a number much higher than originally expected can generate more interest around the league because it hurts the perception that Fitz is definitely coming back to the Jets. It also can create an offer race if Fitz is willing to sign immediately.

1 hour ago, Mike135 said:

Rappaport just said Fitz is looking for $18mil.  Not 18 over the life of a deal, but 18 per year.

Umm...

giphy.gif

Yea, so that... is why Mac isn't budging, not all the other theories.... just price. 

55 minutes ago, Wilkshake69 said:

If Denver wants to give him 18mil the Jets will just let them.  I don't see the Jets getting into any bidding wars over Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Macc put an offer on the table a week or 2 ago.  And has left it at that, the rest is up to Fitz.

Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

Literally twice what our absolute top offer should be. 

Agreed, I think Macc offered him 8-10, maybe at most 11mil with at least half gtd is my guess.   And he won't budge a dollar from it.  Just let it play itself out.

I think some of you are underestimating how much even mediocre starting QBs make. The top 20 QBs in the NFL all make 16+mm per year, and that's only because of the starters on rookie deals -- it would be way more if guys like Luck were making market value. Starters in the NFL at QB simply don't make under 10mm per year.

I don't think 18mm per year is realistic but it's still to say our absolute max should be 9 million. That's peanuts.

Archived