Ryan Fitzpatrick: MERGED

kelly

12 minutes ago, JiF said:

Francesca just said he would be surprised if Denver signed him. Says that's not the style of QB Elway likes

Would Houston trade a QB 1 year, win the division, and then try and trade back for him? That doesn't make logical senase.

Cleveland's going to draft.

Fitzpatrick is not Chip Kelly's style of QB.

The one legit team is LA but I would think the Rams would like to make a splash for the press in Los Angeles. And Ryan Fitzpatrick is not really a splashy type player.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the part about this situation I like the least - is it could really hamper the Jets' ability to go after a QB in the draft without being forced to pay out the wazoo. Had we been able to resign Fitz, it keeps our hand close to the vest... no Fitz = Geno/Petty and teams will know we're going to be QB hunting in the draft. 

Tough not to get taken to the cleaners in that case. (I'm speaking as though we'd look to trade up - which i think they will explore)

9 minutes ago, Paradis said:

the part about this situation I like the least - is it could really hamper the Jets' ability to go after a QB in the draft without being forced to pay out the wazoo. Had we been able to resign Fitz, it keeps our hand close to the vest... no Fitz = Geno/Petty and teams will know we're going to be QB hunting in the draft. 

Tough not to get taken to the cleaners in that case. (I'm speaking as though we'd look to trade up - which i think they will explore)

I feel if they do not sign fitz they will sign someone else.  I think they would have a price point on trading up and are not going to go up regardless.

I feel if they do not sign fitz they will sign someone else.  I think they would have a price point on trading up and are not going to go up regardless.

Who? I see that same sentiment thrown around, but I have no idea who people are thinking. Geno is far from an ideal candidate but I can't think of too many (if any) FAs that come into camp and suddenly look better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, BowlesMovement said:

I completely agree with this, but there is also a chance they win 3-4 with Petty, and still don't get the top pick in the draft. Then fans and media will be screaming for Mac and Bowles to be fired, and Woody will cave, and round and round we go.

You roll out 3-4 wins, the fans here will be going nuts, calling for Mac and Bowles heads.

If Fitz signs a 3 year, 45 million, we get a 3rd rounder back.   woo hoo.....

22 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

what gets me though Max are the Jets fans who have no complaint about the team spending big money on Revis just so New England doesn't have him, but want to pinch Woody Johnson's pennies over the best QBing performance in the club's history. How would those same Jets fans feel if they heard that Brady was retiring or (better yet) that he would be suspended for the 2016 season and then it comes out that Belichick wants to sign Fitzpatrick to fill in for the year.  

I think this is different. Revis is a Hall of Famer. Fitz -- there are long term concerns there. He had a great year, but we still fell short of the playoffs. So I think the team is right in being cautious in not breaking the bank for him.

4 hours ago, CTM said:

wtf is it with you and sh*tty QB's man? 

It's the logical thing to do and it shouldn't even really be a tough decision.

We're going to have an infinitely more difficult schedule next year and we've seen the best Fitz has to offer.  Other than a nice 4 game stretch against the dregs of the league Fitz did nothing to warrant anything close to the admiration he gets from some Jet fans.  12-18 mil a year for Ryan Fitzpatrick??? heellll no.

Geno came into a game last year after having not played for a year and matched if not exceeded what Fitz did for the bulk of his games (that nice stretch aside).  Why wouldn't you simply give him 1 more chance at 1.6 mil to prove himself with a real team surrounding him?  It makes no sense to scrap him and his modest salary for a guy who while gritty and nice still hasn't made the playoffs in 12 years.  There's virtually no chance he does this year facing those defenses...  that's if he even lasts the season which is no lock.

If the choice is Fitz or Geno at 1.6 Mil I'll take Fitz by one of his beard hairs..  if you're saying Fitz at 12 Mil or more then under no circumstances would I even consider him.

3 minutes ago, Pac said:

It's the logical thing to do and it shouldn't even really be a tough decision.

We're going to have an infinitely more difficult schedule next year and we've seen the best Fitz has to offer.  Other than a nice 4 game stretch against the dregs of the league Fitz did nothing to warrant anything close to the admiration he gets from some Jet fans.  12-18 mil a year for Ryan Fitzpatrick??? heellll no.

Geno came into a game last year after having not played for a year and matched if not exceeded what Fitz did for the bulk of his games (that nice stretch aside).  Why wouldn't you simply give him 1 more chance at 1.6 mil to prove himself with a real team surrounding him?  It makes no sense to scrap him and his modest salary for a guy who while gritty and nice still hasn't made the playoffs in 12 years.  There's virtually no chance he does this year facing those defenses...  that's if he even lasts the season which is no lock.

If the choice is Fitz or Geno at 1.6 Mil I'll take Fitz by one of his beard hairs..  if you're saying Fitz at 12 Mil or more then under no circumstances would I even consider him.

:good:

The people who are justifying the possibility of Geno are the same people who justified winning those two games in December of 2014. The Mediocre Mob. Guys who serve Folgers to people at their house and then get mad when people diss the coffee. Sitting around listening to Steely Dan while wearing Reeboks with fridges full of Butterball Turkey Bacon, Kraft American cheese and generic egg whites. No standards at all, the lot of you.

3 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The people who are justifying the possibility of Geno are the same people who justified winning those two games in December of 2014. The Mediocre Mob. Guys who serve Folgers to people at their house and then get mad when people diss the coffee. Sitting around listening to Steely Dan while wearing Reeboks with fridges full of Butterball Turkey Bacon and generic egg whites. No standards at all, the lot of you.

Creatively stated.  Wrong, but still creative.

Besides, are you attempting to say that Fitz is not the exact definition of mediocre?

I really liked 2015 team it sucks so much that they gonna lose some players, its a damn shame that they didn't make it to the playoffs. ima especially miss Chris Ivory even if he struggled at times in the season. F the wildcard bullsh*t 10-6 should get you in. Interesting read into the jets playoff hopes.

http://jotsfeed.com/2016/03/08/can-the-ny-jets-make-the-playoffs-next-season/

All i know is i don't want Geno Smith as the starter NOT AT ALL god i hate Geno

10 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Creatively stated.  Wrong, but still creative.

Besides, are you attempting to say that Fitz is not the exact definition of mediocre?

Mediocre in context with the Jets is incredible. We have a ton of money locked into to veteran receivers...you can't go back into next season with Petty or Geno, a guy we already know is horrible.

The Jets crappy drafting always rears its head during the offseasons where we're out of cap space. Here's a thought- stop drafting defensive linemen.

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Mediocre in context with the Jets is incredible. We have a ton of money locked into to veteran receivers...you can't go back into next season with Petty or Geno, a guy we already know is horrible.

The Jets crappy drafting always rears its head during the offseasons where we're out of cap space. Here's a thought- stop drafting defensive linemen.

Except fitz isn't mediocre, he's near the bottom of the league in almost every metric. Paying $18M to somebody that's worth 5 is a recipe for disaster 

9 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

... Geno, a guy we already know is horrible. 

No, "we" definitely do not know that.  Many here think they do though.

Seriously, take the 2014 season.  Consider the coaching staff, OC, the fact that the schedule wasn't nearly as easy as 2015's, a crap defense, and offensive weapons (if you can even say weapons with a straight face).  Now let me know how you think Fitz would have done.

2 minutes ago, cant wait said:

Except fitz isn't mediocre, he's near the bottom of the league in almost every metric. Paying $18M to somebody that's worth 5 is a recipe for disaster 

Last season he wasn't. The Jets haven't even had a QB who's actually taken the job seriously since Chad for gods sakes. At least with Fitzpatrick he knew how to prepare and not look like a horses ass every other week. We have too many big contracts tied into veterans at this point to punt the season with Petty imo.

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

I'd love for Fitz to be back but we have a lot of money locked into the wrong players because we've drafted like utter garbage over the last 7 years.

True. And the players we did draft well, are about to leave (Mo n Snacks, granted he was technically undrafted). But let's pay a JAG QB $15mil!!!!

13 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

No, "we" definitely do not know that.  Many here think they do though.

Seriously, take the 2014 season.  Consider the coaching staff, OC, the fact that the schedule wasn't nearly as easy as 2015's, a crap defense, and offensive weapons (if you can even say weapons with a straight face).  Now let me know how you think Fitz would have done.

You're beating a dead horse. Geno was very good after his benching when he had more than 3 days to practice with his #2 WR, who, btw, will not be in the NFL this year as opposed to the all pro WR Fitz had to bail his hairy ass (Disclaimer: the hairy part is purely a speculation)

16 minutes ago, Larz said:

career or last season ?

Not sure about career but last season. Bottom 5 in completion pct/yards per attempt/INT. 24th in QB rating... And the film makes him look worse than that. The guy has no ability to scan the field and find the open receiver, he never moves his head and forces bad passes into tight coverage praying his WR can make something happen

9 minutes ago, cant wait said:

Not sure about career but last season. Bottom 5 in completion pct/yards per attempt/INT. 24th in QB rating... And the film makes him look worse than that. The guy has no ability to scan the field and find the open receiver, he never moves his head and forces bad passes into tight coverage praying his WR can make something happen

With all due respect to your film room work, I will trust the professionals to make this judgement way before you.

8 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

With all due respect to your film room work, I will trust the professionals to make this judgement way before you.

I think six different "professionals" have already kicked him to the curb, Jets being the latest ones. 

15 minutes ago, j4jets said:

I think six different "professionals" have already kicked him to the curb, Jets being the latest ones. 

Don't take this the wrong way brah, but you are a Rex worshipping, Geno lover, so I really don't give your opinions any credibility whatsoever, but go Jets brah!

2 hours ago, j4jets said:

You're beating a dead horse. Geno was very good after his benching when he had more than 3 days to practice with his #2 WR, who, btw, will not be in the NFL this year as opposed to the all pro WR Fitz had to bail his hairy ass (Disclaimer: the hairy part is purely a speculation)

Yes Geno is good when when the moon is in the Seventh House, and Jupiter aligns with Mars.

3 hours ago, JotsFeed said:

I really liked 2015 team it sucks so much that they gonna lose some players, its a damn shame that they didn't make it to the playoffs. ima especially miss Chris Ivory even if he struggled at times in the season. F the wildcard bullsh*t 10-6 should get you in. Interesting read into the jets playoff hopes.

http://jotsfeed.com/2016/03/08/can-the-ny-jets-make-the-playoffs-next-season/

All i know is i don't want Geno Smith as the starter NOT AT ALL god i hate Geno

Neither do the Jets.

13c2d92b9e8b3fa737bfcae45f113048.jpg

I honestly think our only threat of losing fitz is to denver. And i think this could be the worst out come with brock heading to houston and denver paying fitz what hes looking for.

What other team would pay fitz money that hes apparently looking for?

Houston - i highly doubt a year later they changed their minds on him.

Rams- apparently i read they are high on keenum and they have foles.

I legit denver is the only threat to us.

What do you guys think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived