Francessa: Jets called Bucs about Glennon: MERGED

AFJF

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In truth I am on the Glennon bandwagon. 

I actually wrote to the Jets two days ago using some of the info I had gleaned from several superior posters on this board and made a plea for them to look into acquiring Glennon.

I was going to PM the V man about what I did. 

Indeed SpermEdwards had a fantastic post about how well Chan has made QB play improve every time he had a QB to work with and based on that I feel Gennon would see a similar bump as well..

All I can say is I was convinced by Villain and I appreciate every poster on this board for making me a better fan!!!

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

I want Glennon but a first round pick is ******* out of this world. A 2nd at the highest. 3rd is reasonable.

I say conditional 3rd. But they'd never do that. It's what i think is fair 

5 minutes ago, jett said:

I say conditional 3rd. But they'd never do that. It's what i think is fair 

Same here. The Bucs must know something about Glennon that we don't know. 1st round pick? C'mon. Either they really value they're back ups or he is Drew Brees the second coming.

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

His contract expires after 2016 also.  Even a stupid organization like the Bucs have to realize its better to get a solid deal for him now rather than lose him for a compensatory pick. 

A solid deal is a 2nd or 3rd round. An insane unrealistic deal is a 1st.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Glennon just as unproven as Geno.  This interest makes little sense to me.  I'd keep my assets to use elsewhere and let Geno/Brice battle it out for the starter role instead of the back up role.  Plus whoever else we get thru FA/draft would be in the hunt.

Hey who knows, maybe Fitz with come back down to earth and makes all this go away.  Does anyone have a clue as to what RG3 was asking?      

16 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

His contract expires after 2016 also.  Even a stupid organization like the Bucs have to realize its better to get a solid deal for him now rather than lose him for a compensatory pick. 

I agree, they'll take just about the best offer they can get this year.   I didn't realize he was a free agent after next year.  can't give up anything more than a 4th.

2 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Glennon just as unproven as Geno.  This interest makes little sense to me.  I'd keep my assets to use elsewhere and let Geno/Brice battle it out for the starter role instead of the back up role.  Plus whoever else we get thru FA/draft would be in the hunt.

Hey who knows, maybe Fitz with come back down to earth and makes all this go away.  Does anyone have a clue as to what RG3 was asking?      

wut?

Geno is certainly proven. Proven to be a terrible QB who has no business starting for an NFL team.

6 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

A solid deal is a 2nd or 3rd round. An insane unrealistic deal is a 1st.

Here is where I get confused. People would go ga-ga on this board if Wentz fell to 20.  Some posters are hyping the idea of taking Lynch at 20. Why is it insane to trade for Glennon at 20 if he is perceived to be a capable NFL starter that can be developed even further by good coaching?  It's like people are always willing to gamble on the unknown but have a difficult time putting a fair value on a known.  Glennon has played pro ball and for the most part played it pretty well.  Why is giving up a 20 for him insane if he is NFL ready now with some upside?

3 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

Glennon has shown 1000x the pocket presence that Geno has. Glennon has looked solid when he was behind center, a very classic quarterback mold. I don't think there is anybody who would take Geno over Glennon. Now, Glennon isn't worth a 2 or a 3, but he's a viable option and could be the kind of guy who goes to another team and flourishes if given the shot.

1 minute ago, peekskill68 said:

Here is where I get confused. People would go ga-ga on this board if Wentz fell to 20.  Some posters are hyping the idea of taking Lynch at 20. Why is it insane to trade for Glennon at 20 if he is perceived to be a capable NFL starter that can be developed even further by good coaching?  It's like people are always willing to gamble on the unknown but have a difficult time putting a fair value on a known.  Glennon has played pro ball and for the most part played it pretty well.  Why is giving up a 20 for him insane if he is NFL ready now with some upside?

because the Bucs will inevitably take much less.  

2 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

Because its flawed to suggest he is "a capable NFL starter", has "upside" and is a "known".  None of those things are necessarily true.  We know more about him than we do Wentz, but a lot of what we know about him isn't all that good. 

Also, one has to ask, if Glennon were really a proven commodity....why did the Bucs draft Jameis Winston?

Archived