Possible Teams for Wilkerson Trade

32EBoozer

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Mike135 said:

Well yeah.  You're preaching to the choir with that suggestion.  I'd rather just start Geno.

Under ZERO circumstances should starting Geno be an option for the Jets in 2016.  If they're going to punt the season, at least start Petty and see if you can catch lightning in a bottle.  Geno has proven to be hot garbage on and off the field and not worthy of another snap as an NFL starting QB, in my humble opinion, of course. 

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

i think the man wants to be paid like a titan.   

That he does but as a 49'er from what I read..:) Maybe he decides to play for that paltry sum of 15.7 this year and go to a team he wants next year as a FA.. No way would the Jets tag him again next year..

I think it's completely reasonable to get 1sr round value for Mo. Maybe it's in the tune of a high 2 and a mid 3 from Ten.

Its not the contract that's holding this up. It's the trade.  And to be honest, it wouldn't surprise me if there is a deal already worked out.  Macc just doesn't want it announced to give another team the opportunity to jump in front of us.

If that's not the case and Mo isn't traded during the draft, we either rescind his tag or we pass on Fitz and probably any other vet that we haven't currently have on our roster.

we could always cut Giacomini and Harris to resign Fitz but how would make us any better.

28 minutes ago, Pcola said:

I think it's completely reasonable to get 1sr round value for Mo. Maybe it's in the tune of a high 2 and a mid 3 from Ten.

Its not the contract that's holding this up. It's the trade.  And to be honest, it wouldn't surprise me if there is a deal already worked out.  Macc just doesn't want it announced to give another team the opportunity to jump in front of us.

If that's not the case and Mo isn't traded during the draft, we either rescind his tag or we pass on Fitz and probably any other vet that we haven't currently have on our roster.

we could always cut Giacomini and Harris to resign Fitz but how would make us any better.

We get nothing from cutting Harris. We pay $8.5M his salary this regardless of where he plays (of doesn't play). 

31 minutes ago, Pcola said:

None of this is going to happen.

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

We're not getting a 2nd (or a 1st) for Mo.

Nonsense. The time to trade Mo is now. I cannot see Mac letting Mo go through FA without any reimbursement to the Jets. That would make Mac look like an idiot, something I do not believe he is. The time is now that Mo gets traded.

3 hours ago, Mainejet said:

Nonsense. The time to trade Mo is now. I cannot see Mac letting Mo go through FA without any reimbursement to the Jets. That would make Mac look like an idiot, something I do not believe he is. The time is now that Mo gets traded.

That may be, but we;re not trading Mo, and we're not getting a 1st or 2nd of we do.  Which we won't.  

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

That may be, but we;re not trading Mo, and we're not getting a 1st or 2nd of we do.  Which we won't.  

I'm beyond curios to see how this turns out with Mo.  Such a wide range of compensation suggested for Mo.

Think you and some others are saying we won't get a 1st or 2nd.  While I just heard Casserly say the Eagles should give us Bradford and their 1st.

6 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

I'm beyond curios to see how this turns out with Mo.  Such a wide range of compensation suggested for Mo.

Think you and some others are saying we won't get a 1st or 2nd.  While I just heard Casserly say the Eagles should give us Bradford and their 1st.

Bradford and the 1st? As in #2 overall pick they just got by trading away 50%of their draft? And having to sign MO for $80m? 

Yeah.... ok Charlie!

10 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Bradford and the 1st? As in #2 overall pick they just got by trading away 50%of their draft? And having to sign MO for $80m? 

Yeah.... ok Charlie!

Just rewound to his comments to be sure, and yup, here's what he says...

"If I'm the Jets, it's gonna be...  'You want Mo?  OK, we'll take Bradford and give us a one.'"

What he actually said was that if the Jets were to make a trade for Bradford  with the Eagles that that included Wilkerson, the eagles would have to give the Jets a 1st round pick .  Nobody said anything about the 2nd overall pick in the 2016 draft.

5 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

What he actually said was that if the Jets were to make a trade for Bradford  with the Eagles that that included Wilkerson, the eagles would have to give the Jets a 1st round pick .  Nobody said anything about the 2nd overall pick in the 2016 draft.

As long as it's a 1st inside of the next decade, sign me up.  It's the Eagles.  Should be a top 10 pick whatever year it is.

1 hour ago, Lith said:

I know each deal is different, but if Minnesota was able to get three picks, including a late 1 for Harvin in 2013, one would think (hope) we should be able to get a 1 for Mo.  We will see.

Harvin was a game changer. A game breaking talent. Mo... 

You trade him to Tennessee for their first 2nd rounder draft Dodd in 1st, Spriggs with the acquired pick and you just grabbed 2 great athletic talents at 2 of your biggest needs, and then draft Hackenberg with your other 2nd (I don't like him, but it seems he is the top choice for the Jets brass from all the reports, and reading between the lines in the last week).

IF Mac thinks Hack is the man, and you walk away with Dodd, and Spriggs also then I can swallow losing Mo.

44 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

You trade him to Tennessee for their first 2nd rounder draft Dodd in 1st, Spriggs with the acquired pick and you just grabbed 2 great athletic talents at 2 of your biggest needs, and then draft Hackenberg with your other 2nd (I don't like him, but it seems he is the top choice for the Jets brass from all the reports, and reading between the lines in the last week).

IF Mac thinks Hack is the man, and you walk away with Dodd, and Spriggs also then I can swallow losing Mo.

I might get murdered for saying this, but I truly feel that if we can't get Lynch then Hackenberg is the guy to go for in the 2nd.  I like him...I just have this feeling about the kid.  If he goes to a team and is allowed to sit then he will be an absolute steal. 

5 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I might get murdered for saying this, but I truly feel that if we can't get Lynch then Hackenberg is the guy to go for in the 2nd.  I like him...I just have this feeling about the kid.  If he goes to a team and is allowed to sit then he will be an absolute steal. 

Luckily for you the "Machine Gun" Emoji was considered politically incorrect and removed or you, my friend, would have received one!!

Asked Kirwin and Jim Miller about Mo trade value the other day and they both said first rounder in a "why would it be any less"? Kind of tone.  They basically said you don't take less than a first for a 26 y/o pro bowler who can play well in multiple fronts.

10 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Asked Kirwin and Jim Miller about Mo trade value the other day and they both said first rounder in a "why would it be any less"? Kind of tone.  They basically said you don't take less than a first for a 26 y/o pro bowler who can play well in multiple fronts.

Think how much more a GM on a losing team would value a player like Mo.

These GM's realize 99% of what the "Insternet Experts" write is nonsense. Every GM knows Mo's value is a 1st rd. pick

It's just a matter of whether they are willing to give up said pick. 

56 minutes ago, AFJF said:

They're right.  If the jets accept a package of middle rd picks for Mo that will be rape

1 hour ago, drdetroit said:

They're right.  If the jets accept a package of middle rd picks for Mo that will be rape

The problem is Mo hasn't signed his tag so he can hold out and can't be fined.. Even if he does play for 15.7 this year you will have a unhappy player who could become a locker room problem.. Plus unless it's the best kept secret in the world I don't see Mac's phone constantly ringing from GM's with 1st rd offers.. If Fast track Mo is the best player ever as some fans seem to think move either Sheldon for whatever you can get or Leonard Williams who you would get a high 1st rd pick for..:rolleyes:

12 hours ago, Warfish said:

And why are you so convinced? You seem to just be repeating yourself but without much explanation. I doubt the Jets get a 1st rounder. But I would not be surprised if they get a 2nd or a chance to move up (probably for Lynch) or both. I believe that the difficulty moving Mo is not so much about his contract demands but rather the compensation the Jets want GIVEN the fact that he could very well be a FA next year. Its as simple as that. Teams ARE willing to give up a high 2nd or a package of a 2nd and 3rd or whatever. Just b/c MAc said they are not 'actively' shopping Wilk means absolutely nothing.  

I personally think that the Jets have potential trade partners that Mo is willing to go to and that are willing to pay Mo what he wants. But the Jets are unwilling to accept the compensation (b/c they want a 1st rounder). But once draft day rolls around, don't be surprised if Mac changes his tune and takes less- depending on how the draft board falls. If there is a guy he likes that slips to the 2nd round, I could easily see him taking a high 2nd rounder for Mo.   

58 minutes ago, PepPep said:

And why are you so convinced? You seem to just be repeating yourself but without much explanation.

It's pretty obvious why it doesn't need explanation.  Because it's a deeply unrealistic idea in every way.

I doubt the Jets get a 1st rounder.

So we agree.

But I would not be surprised if they get a 2nd or a chance to move up (probably for Lynch) or both.

If they trade Mo to move up, it'll take alot more than just him.  I.e. Mo is not worth a 1st or 2nd alone.

I could easily see him taking a high 2nd rounder for Mo.   

Which would be asinine, as Mo is worth more playing for us than for some 2nd round 50/50 chance at average.

In what crazy world are we dumping Mo in his prime, and paying an aged, slow, ineffective Revis 16 million?

Here is a better idea, trade Revis, resign Mo, stop chasing third-tier QB prospects (Lynch), stand pat at our picks and draft a CB who won't suck in the big moment in a win-and-get-in game vs. a below-average QB.

If a deal goes down I don't see the Jets getting a 1st rounder outright but possibly swapping 1st rounders and then getting another pick or two.  As in something like Mo and the 20th to the Bears for the 11th plus 2-41 or something like that.  Just using the draft value chart as a guideline that would value Mo in the trade as being around an18-19 1st round pick)

2 hours ago, Savage69 said:

The problem is Mo hasn't signed his tag so he can hold out and can't be fined.. Even if he does play for 15.7 this year you will have a unhappy player who could become a locker room problem.. Plus unless it's the best kept secret in the world I don't see Mac's phone constantly ringing from GM's with 1st rd offers.. If Fast track Mo is the best player ever as some fans seem to think move either Sheldon for whatever you can get or Leonard Williams who you would get a high 1st rd pick for..:rolleyes:

Who cares if Mo is happy and/or sits out practices?  Are you Mangini?

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

If a deal goes down I don't see the Jets getting a 1st rounder outright but possibly swapping 1st rounders and then getting another pick or two.  As in something like Mo and the 20th to the Bears for the 11th plus 2-41 or something like that.  Just using the draft value chart as a guideline that would value Mo in the trade as being around an18-19 1st round pick

No chance of this.  

Mo, #20, Jets #2 (minimum) in 2017, maybe, to get to #11.

Valuing Mo as a mid-1st?  Lol, stop, really.

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

No chance of this.  

He's got Mo as a mid-first, you've got Mo as a mid-third, reality is probably somewhere in the middle. I don't think his scenario is that off the wall. Mo and 20 for 11 puts Mo at a mid second round pick and means Chicago doesn't actually lose a pick. Not a bad deal for a Bears team that needs to improve their defense and has the cap space to sign him.

Most logical place for him to land IMO is SF. Tons of cap space, just missed out on an impact defensive player in Norman. Maybe the Titans use one of their excess picks to move up to #7 to get Tunsil/Stanley and then the 49ers, now with an extra pick, can give up something for Wilkerson.

16 minutes ago, Warfish said:

No chance of this.  

A 26 year old pro bowler with zero character issues that can play multiple fronts is not the same as the normal schlep who is asking to be dealt.  Hell any number of 'experts' are chiming in that he is worth a clear cut 1st rounder.  This is not some huge problem player that has demanded a trade and has proven nothing.

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

A 26 year old pro bowler with zero character issues that can play multiple fronts is not the same as the normal schlep who is asking to be dealt.  Hell any number of 'experts' are chiming in that he is worth a clear cut 1st rounder.  This is not some huge problem player that has demanded a trade and has proven nothing.

We got a late rd 1st for Abe who was a All Pro player was he a normal schlep?? So called experts have been wrong on just about everything on a daily basis go check out their mock drafts.. Some thought Geno was a top 5 pick in 2013..:)

13 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

I guess having unhappy out of football shape players is the key to winning in your world..

Mo is a grown man and capable of keeping himself in shape plus it's in his own best interest.  As far as "happiness" goes let him take out his frustrations on opponents starting week 1 next September 

Archived