Titans trade Green-Beckham to Eagles

AFJF

DAMN IT!!!

Last night on Roto I JUST READ  DGB was on Mularkey's Doghouse and was going to make a thread proposing if he was worth trading for and apprenticing under B.Marshall even though we have SICK WR depth as of now-  Philly beat us too it.<_<

9 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

DAMN IT!!!

Last night on Roto I JUST READ  DGB was on Mularkey's Doghouse and was going to make a thread proposing if he was worth trading for and apprenticing under B.Marshall even though we have SICK WR depth as of now-  Philly beat us too it.<_<

Why? Why? Why? Why would you want the Jets to bring in a problem child who;s 7th on the Titans depth chart and who they are trying to get rid of when the Jets have solid depth at WR with some great battles going on for the final 1-2 spots????? 

Maybe WE should have traded for said O-lineman instead, Dennis Kelly?  

To some draftnicks us passing on DGB for Devin Smith was wild- he had Megatron tools but like Johnny Mitchell- body of a Porsche, brain of a Pinto.

im surprised, I hadn't been following him and had been expecting his talent to breakout really soon, didn't know how bad he was thought of by his team.  Good gamble by Philly IMO, got him for free, can always cut him.

Green-Beckham must've been really bad in TEN to get exiled so quick.  With a young QB (Mariota) you would 

think they would try to "grow" them together.  But he must really be a jerk

1 hour ago, PepPep said:

Why? Why? Why? Why would you want the Jets to bring in a problem child who;s 7th on the Titans depth chart and who they are trying to get rid of when the Jets have solid depth at WR with some great battles going on for the final 1-2 spots????? 

Maybe WE should have traded for said O-lineman instead, Dennis Kelly?  

Because Because Because - he has INCREDIBLE Charles Johnson-esque physical talent to be truly dominant. I didn't state that I wanted him on the team; if you also bothered to read accordingly, YOU SHOULD HAVE noticed that it states proposing to this forum whether a majority here would want to trade for him. The OTHER significant factor as to WHY is because we have B.Marshall who ALSO had a poor reputation at first, but got sorted out and PERHAPS that type of TUTELAGE for DGB COULD redeem his career with a PROPER MENTOR such as #15. If Marshall WERE NOT ON THE JETS, then I wouldn't consider that trade; but since #15 is, I feel we passed up no a VERY undervalued asset with IMMENSE future potential - just needs the proper guidance.

1 hour ago, David Harris said:

To some draftnicks us passing on DGB for Devin Smith was wild- he had Megatron tools but like Johnny Mitchell- body of a Porsche, brain of a Pinto.

im surprised, I hadn't been following him and had been expecting his talent to breakout really soon, didn't know how bad he was thought of by his team.  Good gamble by Philly IMO, got him for free, can always cut him.

DGB is STILL the superior WR to Smith thus far based on NFL PRODUCTION alone and IMO could improve under BMArshall's wing. 

49 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I assume everyone knows his despicable history.  The guy is trouble with a capital T. No thanks. Hardy version 2.

you mean this one?: "Green-Beckham was born Dorial Green as the third of six children born to Charmelle Green, a single mother, in St. Louis, Missouri.[1] He never knew his biological father and lived in several foster homes before John Beckham, his high school coach, and his wife Tracy officially adopted him on December 30, 2009."   Because I KNOW there have been multiple past transgressions that were MUCH MORE violent than what he stupidly did to get dismissed from Missouri and no charges ever being pressed by the victim. Guy did a STUPID thing that is typical of youth, but no reason to banish him based solely on that and has kept his nose clean SINCE. 

38 minutes ago, KRL said:

Green-Beckham must've been really bad in TEN to get exiled so quick.  With a young QB (Mariota) you would 

think they would try to "grow" them together.  But he must really be a jerk

He needs to mature to "get it" and he CLEARLY never had a proper structure growing up to show him decorum. That's why the Evangelist B.Marshall, IMO, could VERY well help redeem this young talented man. as I already stated, if Marshall WERE NOT ON THE JETS, then I wouldn't consider that trade; but since #15 is, I feel we passed up no a VERY undervalued asset with IMMENSE future potential - just needs the proper guidance.

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

00813cc0653108afdb0d2f2445887322.jpg

here's a PERFECT BBC NEWS article demonstrating that YOU ARE WRONG. People can and DO change :

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-37085012

That type of mentality just doesn't make sense to me- perhaps F. Scott Fitzgerald is too imbued in my credo that - ESPECIALLY IN THIS COUNTRY - you CAN change if YOU are DRIVEN and PERSISTENT enough. 

1 hour ago, TheMagicRat said:

Apparently the OL the Eagles traded is a back up. DBG must be causing problems with the Titans.

Not problems, but plenty of reports that he's just not learning the offense. Easy to forget that for all the physical beastness some guys have, if they don't learn to do their job - they end up sucking at it.

9 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

here's a PERFECT BBC NEWS article demonstrating that YOU ARE WRONG. People can and DO change :

That type of mentality just doesn't make sense to me- perhaps F. Scott Fitzgerald is too imbued in my credo that - ESPECIALLY IN THIS COUNTRY - you CAN change if YOU are DRIVEN and PERSISTENT enough. 

Please list the 101 articles not written about all the people that didn't change.  Furthermore tell me how smart it is for NFL football teams to draft problem children more often than not.  Sooner or later most of these dudes go back to poor behavior.

10 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Because Because Because - he has INCREDIBLE Charles Johnson-esque physical talent to be truly dominant. I didn't state that I wanted him on the team; if you also bothered to read accordingly, YOU SHOULD HAVE noticed that it states proposing to this forum whether a majority here would want to trade for him. The OTHER significant factor as to WHY is because we have B.Marshall who ALSO had a poor reputation at first, but got sorted out and PERHAPS that type of TUTELAGE for DGB COULD redeem his career with a PROPER MENTOR such as #15. If Marshall WERE NOT ON THE JETS, then I wouldn't consider that trade; but since #15 is, I feel we passed up no a VERY undervalued asset with IMMENSE future potential - just needs the proper guidance.

Fair enough, so which WR would you trade (if a WR) and who would you cut (if not a WR) to make room for DGB. 

I think my point was more so that we have very nice talent at WR- easily 6 guys that should make the roster and have been battling it out all camp, gaining chemistry worth the QB, working their butts off. Why bring in a guys 7th on the Titans depth chart, who they obviously want to get rid of? I understand that he has great talent, but so do a lot of guys.

So, do you trade for him and let him fight for a roster spot, with the possibility of cutting him? Do you cut J.Marshall or Peake or Ross to make room for him? Just doesn't make sense- and using CAPITAL LETTERS DOESN'T HELP MAKE YOUR CASE.  

Amazingly people are calling D Smith a bust, a wasted pick that should be traded or cut because of physical injury.  While others want a player who is a thug sociopath, believing his screwed up brain can be rehabilitated. 

A real head scratcher. 

2 minutes ago, section314 said:

Bad guys like this will always find a home somewhere in the N.F.L.. Just  don't make it on my team.

How many of these headaches are signed and their teams become winners?  T.O.?  Ocho Cinco?  Moss?  These players never seem to win

Rare player-for-player trade here.  Per a friend of mine who is an Eagles fan, Dennis Kelly is kind of a "stiff", but at least he plays multiple positions.  Plus the Titans have had injury problems on the line of late.  Speaks more to how little the Titans think of DGB at this point.

Meanwhile, the Titans also like their guys to all be able to run "crisp" routes.  So they must be happy with what 5th round pick from UMASS, and Newark, NJ product, Tajae Sharpe has shown so far.  Him, Rishard Matthews, Andre Johnson, Kendall Wright, Harry Douglas and Justin Hunter isn't really a WR corps that strikes fear into teams, but when you also factor in DeMarco, Derrick Henry, and Delanie Walker....yeah, Mariota can roll with all of that.  Plenty of capable pass-catchers.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Rare player-for-player trade here.  Per a friend of mine who is an Eagles fan, Dennis Kelly is kind of a "stiff", but at least he plays multiple positions.  Plus the Titans have had injury problems on the line of late.  Speaks more to how little the Titans think of DGB at this point.

Meanwhile, the Titans also like their guys to all be able to run "crisp" routes.  So they must be happy with what 5th round pick from UMASS, and Newark, NJ product, Tajae Sharpe has shown so far.  Him, Rishard Matthews, Andre Johnson, Kendall Wright, Harry Douglas and Justin Hunter isn't really a WR corps that strikes fear into teams, but when you also factor in DeMarco, Derrick Henry, and Delanie Walker....yeah, Mariota can roll with all of that. 

They are running the ball 50 times a game.

Delanie Walker will probably get 7-10 targets again, the rest of those guys are just there for decoration.

2 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

DAMN IT!!!

not your best idea ever, just sayin

1 hour ago, Gas2No99 said:

Yeah, no thanks.  If you want to work in the field of changing people, counseling is the way to go, not on a football field where it costs millions of dollars to put these guys in uniforms.  He just is not worth the headache. 

I really wanted him at the time of the draft, and just for his ability, this is a good trade for the Eagles.

Although, I used to listen to a podcast (forgot the name, he used to report for Missouri Tigers, now the Bills) that mentioned that he was a good kid, but probably dumb as a rock.  In his freshman year, they had to line him up on one side of the field, because he couldn't understand the audibles, so after an audible, he needed to look over to the coach and find out what it meant.  And I think he was accused of punching his girl friend and then dragging her down the stairs I believe.  

It'll be interesting to see how he fits in with the Eagles, with whole new terminology and playbooks.   

2 hours ago, drdetroit said:

Good move for the Eagles 

Yep.  That once loaded offense got terrible real quick (looks around the room for Chip Kelly) and they just got a little bit better.  If Matthews gets hurt, that team literally has the worst offense in the league, hands down.  Good move from them.  They got a potential stud for nothing. 

4 hours ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Could we get similar type talent for oline depth for Smith?

I doubt it at this point.

we could probably get a lot better for Smith...the kid has barely played and has shown he can get open down the field...he is a second rounder who most teams haven't forgotten about yet and has not been in trouble...

Archived