This is absolute truth

Dcronin

I don' t think there are many things more important than schedule. Ours is brutal beyond belief.

Hopes and expectations, especially with us having basically zero linebackers against two of the best backs in the league, are low, low, low for tomorrow.

God, I hope we can steal one. We need it.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/fitz-jets-daunting-stretch-talented-bengals-article-1.2786866?utm_content=buffer3130d&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=mmehta+twitter

If people continue to look at the Jets with 2012-2014 eyes, then yes the
schedule is brutal and we'll be lucky to win 4-6 games.  Why?  Because
those teams:

- Were brutal in the draft and didn't restock the roster

- Thought that Sanchez, Tebow, Greene, Holmes, Hill, Kerley, Davis, Coples,
Hunter, Wilson, etc. were "key" players to build around

- Were dysfunctional offensively with a HC who didn't care about the offensive
side of the team.  And who hired Sparano & Mornhinweg as OC

- Were led by a HC who liked to talk more than correct the issues (covering TE,
covering RB, too many men on the field, communication) that continually plagued
the team

5 minutes ago, slats said:

The very real thing about the schedule is that last year the Jets had the easiest in the league, and this year they don't. 

They didn't have the easiest,schedule in the league going into the season, did they?  

I think the truth is that we have very little idea of current strength of schedule until we see teams play 3-4 games. In addition, this year appears to me to reflect increased parity in the league with virtually no teams that stand out as locks for anything. The difference between a power ranked team at 1 and at 15 is shaky at best and almost exclusively built on previous year's performance. I'll wait and see.

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

They didn't have the easiest,schedule in the league going into the season, did they?  

It looked like one of the easiest, turned out to be the easiest. This year's doesn't look like one of the easiest, and won't be the easiest. 

Just now, slats said:

It looked like one of the easiest, turned out to be the easiest. This year's doesn't look like one of the easiest, and won't be the easiest. 

Point is the ease of the schedule changes and the records of opponents changes.  Having the colts fall off the planet changed strength of schedule, Bills weren't as good as their record a year earlier.  

We'll see as it plays out week to week.  

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Point is the ease of the schedule changes and the records of opponents changes.  Having the colts fall off the planet changed strength of schedule, Bills weren't as good as their record a year earlier.  

We'll see as it plays out week to week.  

Oh. okay. I'll retract where I said the strength of schedule was written in stone, then. 

2 minutes ago, slats said:

Oh. okay. I'll retract where I said the strength of schedule was written in stone, then. 

Sorry, but there's just so much written about how tough teams we play are.

i kind of think we're a good team, one that teams on the schedule should look at as one of their hard games, 

3 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I like the schedule.  A beat up bengals team at home.  Seattle flying across the country for a 1 oclock game.  A crappy game manager like alex smith, a rex ryan coached team etc.

the schedule is a layup.  

A "layup"? 

I atleast like the confidence, but its certainly not a layup my friend! Last years schedule was a layup. This year its more like a half court shot. 

The bad news: The schedule looks tough.

the good news: the Jets won a bunch of game last year that you'd never predict they'd have won before the season.

the bad news: they lost to the Texans third string QB and got swept by the sh*t-ass Bills.

the good news: lots of speed on defense.

the bad news: Fitz is the starting QB, so we're doomed to mediocrity anyway

the good news: Hard pass

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I like the schedule.  A beat up bengals team at home.  Seattle flying across the country for a 1 oclock game.  A crappy game manager like alex smith, a rex ryan coached team etc.

the schedule is a layup.  

Rex Ryan coached team? It's game day so I will leave it alone but damn that makes no sense . 

37 minutes ago, jetrider said:

Strength of schedule is a moment's snapshot on paper. An injury or two can change everything making it easier than expected.

Or more difficult.

Exactly! Say your a Cards fan & the schedule comes out. First up...New England Patriots..uh, oh, that's a tough game coming out of the gate. But wait...but wait, no Tom Brady...no Gronk...no Ninkovic, both starting tackles are out. Hmm, well this changes everything. That's the way the NFL is on any given Sunday.

Sure we have a tough schedule, who knows going forward how will play out though. The Bills game on the road on a Thurday night 4 days after the opener looked pretty daunting but the Bills have had a spate of injuries & suspensions so already if we suffer no serious injuries before that game the dynamics have already changed.

I will probably wait a few weeks before i decide how "brutal" our schedule is. Right now there is no team we are playing against where I can honestly say we have no chance to win that game. Either way a tough schedule is not a bad thing, if you overcome a tough schedule and make it into the playoffs you can get hopeful for a superbowl appearance.

Archived