No Home Field Advantage Today

isired

2 hours ago, Cornfed said:

I was there today.  Way too many Seahawks fans.  I'm in 135, and some Seahawks players would swing by that corner/side of the stadium and psyching up the crowd.  It sucked.

To the poster above, I was at that Niners game and, at the end, it was awful.  It was like being at a Niners game watching them all celebrate.

When the Niners are remotely good their fans come out of every crack like cockroaches , when they suck they go back into hiding. That last Niner game at Metlife was brutal. 

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Crying towel.............  stupid idea stupid give away they should give out brown bags 

Image result for jets fans brown bags on head

The way this season is heading they might be giving out the Campbell soup painter's cap. The longtime season ticket holders should get the reference. 

3 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

When the Niners are remotely good their fans come out of every crack like cockroaches , when they suck they go back into hiding. That last Niner game at Metlife was brutal. 

I remember I was there with my youngest brother.  I like staying until the end, but late in the 4th quarter, we were basically Jets fans in a Niners' sports bar.  I remember looking at my bro and was like "let's get the **** out of here."

The Steelers fans are worse.  Note - I say worse as a Jets fan.  I am sure they are great in that they travel with their team, or show up locally or whatever.  But I remember a snow game many years ago at the old stadium.  Fourth quarter all of the Steelers fans moved to the lower bowl and those terrible towels were all over the place.  It was horrible.

Curious to those that attended today;were there empty seats, and where there empty sky boxes?If Woody Johnson is selling out, good for him. But if he went from a sold out every week stadium to a mess of empty seats, 2 very different things. Empty seats tend not to buy $12 warm beer and $8 hot dogs, nor pay $35 parking fees.
it was pretty full, though a late-arriving crowd (at kickoff it looked half full).
Gee, let me throw away a few hundred dollars for the opportunity to get pissed off at the incompetent Football team.
Field a competent team on a consistent basis that people will feel compelled to watch, rather than just selling their tickets on the aftermarket because they just couldn't be bothered to waste a day, time, money, and have aggravation of sitting through the typical New York Jets sh*tshow.
I'm not blaming the fans - or anyone really. Just saying, one of the fears that was mentioned going all the way back to the West Side Stadium discussions was whether pricing would lead to this, and our seems to have happened. I think the issue Bugg mentioned above might play itself out as the season progresses if the Jets get knocked out of the playoff picture early.

14 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Why don't you go? 

Currently my oldest child just finished college my youngest is still in college,between property taxes and car insurance and student loans I cant afford it. 

I was a season ticket holder for 18 years prior to the PSLs I cant see putting money in the Jets bank account and not mine. 

I hope to return when I retire choosing this as my hobby instead of an on-line relationship with Sallie Mae. 

We go to 1 game a year sitting in row 1 usually in the end zone or 20 yard line. 

My extra cash right now is going into a Harley-Davidson fund retirement present to myself. 

Stadium full, tons of Seattle fans.  Still had a good time despite the product on the field.  Tailgating and spending time with friends I rarely see, still think nothing beats the experience of live football.  My 25th season, think we were good for 3 of those years, still love it.

20 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Currently my oldest child just finished college my youngest is still in college,between property taxes and car insurance and student loans I cant afford it. 

I was a season ticket holder for 18 years prior to the PSLs I cant see putting money in the Jets bank account and not mine. 

I hope to return when I retire choosing this as my hobby instead of an on-line relationship with Sallie Mae. 

We go to 1 game a year sitting in row 1 usually in the end zone or 20 yard line. 

My extra cash right now is going into a Harley-Davidson fund retirement present to myself. 

I respect that. 

This team is not going to have that dominant home-crowd fan base until they get a dominant team. It's hard to stand up and cheer for a team that has more than 10 turnovers in the past two games. Eagles got Wentz, Cowboys got Dak, Broncos got Lynch, and the Jets have no one on the roster currently worth giving us hope. 

I just ask at some point during the season,   we give Petty a legit shot. Just to give us a sense if he's worth keeping on the roster, cutting, or building around. 

22 minutes ago, jmat321 said:

Stadium full, tons of Seattle fans.  Still had a good time despite the product on the field.  Tailgating and spending time with friends I rarely see, still think nothing beats the experience of live football.  My 25th season, think we were good for 3 of those years, still love it.

Hell yes, brother.  I have all kinds of great sh*t at home.  Awesome couch and TV, amazing grills and smokers, really nice beer, wine, and liquor, etc, etc.  But it's nowhere near as awesome as the live football product at the stadium.

To each, his or her own.  If you like it at home better, good.  I can't disagree.  It's what you prefer.  Good!

I love the live product.

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!!

All that said, my God this team is f'ing killing me this year....

4 minutes ago, Ghost said:

I respect that. 

This team is not going to have that dominant home-crowd fan base until they get a dominant team. It's hard to stand up and cheer for a team that has more than 10 turnovers in the past two games. Eagles got Wentz, Cowboys got Dak, Broncos got Lynch, and the Jets have no one on the roster currently worth giving us hope. 

I just ask at some point during the season,   we give Petty a legit shot. Just to give us a sense if he's worth keeping on the roster, cutting, or building around. 

Thank you 

Many longtime fans were priced out of the stadium the "blue-collar" guys.  They showed up each and every week win or lose I sat in the UD and LL and it was the same people every game made a lot of friends and actually tailgated with a lot of the people who sat around us in both locations. 

We need to try something even if it is Geno Smith can he really do any worse than what Fitzparrick is doing if he does we cut him. 

7 hours ago, isired said:

It's finally happened, there are so many Seahawks fans here they are almost as loud as us during each teams' highlights, their defense is raising their hands asking for more noise, it's just sad. Its nit like the Seahawks are the Steelers, Cowboys or Raiders, teams that always travel well. Never saw anything like this at Shea or the old Meadowlands.

Front runner Seahawks fans disgust me.

31 minutes ago, Cornfed said:

Hell yes, brother.  I have all kinds of great sh*t at home.  Awesome couch and TV, amazing grills and smokers, really nice beer, wine, and liquor, etc, etc.  But it's nowhere near as awesome as the live football product at the stadium.

To each, his or her own.  If you like it at home better, good.  I can't disagree.  It's what you prefer.  Good!

I love the live product.

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!!

All that said, my God this team is f'ing killing me this year....

Love the live product also.  I do not have season tickets but I still find time to go to 3-4 games per year.  However it SOJ year after year. Outclassed in all 3 phases today.

It will continue to go downhill until the easy Rams come in.  OOPS THEY ARE 3-1.  Long year ahead Jets fans

When you play winning football the fans will come.  Look at that Jets Patriots game last December.  You know the game they still play commercials of the Decker OT touchdown catch.  The place was loud, the fans were paying $200 for a nose bleed seat and it was wild.  When you play like crap that is what happens.

Also they raised prices after missing the playoffs for the 5th year in a row.  I sit row one upper level and pay $68 a ticket.  The entire row behind me was full of season ticketholders and now I believe there are only 2 this year.  They built a lousy stadium and they haven't played football to excite people to come out to the stadium. 

When you play winning football the fans will come.  Look at that Jets Patriots game last December.  You know the game they still play commercials of the Decker OT touchdown catch.  The place was loud, the fans were paying $200 for a nose bleed seat and it was wild.  When you play like crap that is what happens.
Also they raised prices after missing the playoffs for the 5th year in a row.  I sit row one upper level and pay $68 a ticket.  The entire row behind me was full of season ticketholders and now I believe there are only 2 this year.  They built a lousy stadium and they haven't played football to excite people to come out to the stadium. 

Well this was the question - was this price structure a good move, especially for a team with more bad seasons than good? If we hit 5 or 6 losses before we get our 2nd win, does that keep more of the home fans away, leaving the stadium half empty, and killing game-day sales? And does that hurt enough in the pocket to make it a losing proposition? What if the drought runs 3, 4, 5 years into the future?

3 minutes ago, isired said:

Well this was the question - was this price structure a good move, especially for a team with more bad seasons than good? If we hit 5 or 6 losses before we get our 2nd win, does that keep more of the home fans away, leaving the stadium half empty, and killing game-day sales? And does that hurt enough in the pocket to make it a losing proposition? What if the drought runs 3, 4, 5 years into the future?

They screwed up the price structure back in 2009 before the last year in the old stadium.  I could get into the whole PSL deal and discuss the pros and cons.

Problem is people didn't mind paying $800 for lower level end zone seats.  Now they pay $1300 and another $250 for PSL fees.  There hasn't been much inflation in the economy in the past 7 years. 

We are already seeing unsold PSL seats being sold as extra to PSL holders.  In the next couple years I wouldn't be surprised to see PSL seats just sold as regular season tickets.  Other teams have done it in the past.  We are approaching being 1/4 through the life of this stadium already.

The Jets are in a world of trouble in the upcoming years in regards to selling season tickets. 

With the Jets raising ticket prices this year, on a year where they missed the playoffs, they set a real bad precedent. They are trying to cash in a non successful year. When they raised the prices from $125 to $130 in the Mezz and Lower Level, they scared a lot of people. Imagine what a winning season would do to the front office. With more and more people dropping their tickets, the stadium is going to be like today (a ton of opposing fans) in the future. 

The Jets are never going to lower ticket prices, so as a fan, it pays to just get everything on Stubhub. To pay 130 bucks to go to 2 preseason games is a crime. A solo venture with the preseason is $310 bucks with parking.. Now, the season is in the dumps, and we've had 2 meaningful home games. By the time the Ravens roll into town and we are 1-5, the stadium is going to be a ghost town, or packed with drunks who paid 20 bucks on stub hub. This year, as a season ticket holder, you will have paid $1,040 bucks of meaningless football.. 6 regular season games where we are out of the playoffs, and 2 preseason. 

This coming from a person who is going to Arizona in a few weeks to see this team play. I am passionate as it gets, but the live experience at MetLife is junk. Way to pricey to see a team who just isn't that good.. Also, enough with these gimmicks with "White Out's" and "Green Outs" It's a half hearted push, where you wave a towel for a few plays and the fans where whatever their favorite jersey is, regardless of color. Just win. 

13 hours ago, BallinPB said:

I just came back from the game.  There were way too many Seahawks fans there.  Never expected it from that team.  

That's because this new stadium is a farce . The PSL cost so much , nobody is going to games . They are just trying to recoup the money they have laid out . No home field advantage here . F-CK WOODY . BUILD US OUR OWN STADIUM !!!!!!!

12 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

3rd string rookie QB playing with a splint on his thumb of his throwing hand?

Brady will now go 10-2 at worst.

Well that was your team's choice. They could have signed someone but BB wanted to be creative. So how's about no excuses. I have no excuse for our team getting our asses kicked again and we were totally outplayed. Actually the Bills aren't a bad team and have comparable talent to most anybody in the NFL. I thought they had a good chance to beat you yesterday. You have to lake your Ls with dignity, believe me we know that pretty well. 

13 hours ago, Bugg said:

Curious to those that attended today;were there empty seats, and where there empty sky boxes?If Woody Johnson is selling out, good for him. But if he went from a sold out every week stadium to a mess of empty seats, 2 very different things. Empty seats tend not to buy $12 warm beer and $8 hot dogs, nor pay $35 parking fees.

There were some completely vacant and some half empty boxes.  I wasn't really paying attention until I heard the guys behind me talking about it and then I took a look around and it was pretty surprising. 

Well that was your team's choice. They could have signed someone but BB wanted to be creative. So how's about no excuses. I have no excuse for our team getting our asses kicked again and we were totally outplayed. Actually the Bills aren't a bad team and have comparable talent to most anybody in the NFL. I thought they had a good chance to beat you yesterday. You have to lake your Ls with dignity, believe me we know that pretty well. 

3-1 without Brady and Gronk?

I'll take that any day of the week.

44 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

3rd string rookie QB playing with a splint on his thumb of his throwing hand?

Brady will now go 10-2 at worst.

You wanna bet? Brady will lose at least 3. If I win, you will sign off for 6 months. If you win, I will sign off for 6 months. 

20 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

3-1 without Brady and Gronk?

I'll take that any day of the week.

Your org is known for winning but not for dignity. I can remember when you won your first SB Kraft being interviewed and instead of going the high road (something he's never done) instead gloating about it and trashing the Jets. At least take your L yesterday with no excuses. Since you are a poster who takes no prisoners. 

10 hours ago, Hofstra Jet said:

The Jets are in a world of trouble in the upcoming years in regards to selling season tickets. 

With the Jets raising ticket prices this year, on a year where they missed the playoffs, they set a real bad precedent. They are trying to cash in a non successful year. When they raised the prices from $125 to $130 in the Mezz and Lower Level, they scared a lot of people. Imagine what a winning season would do to the front office. With more and more people dropping their tickets, the stadium is going to be like today (a ton of opposing fans) in the future. 

The Jets are never going to lower ticket prices, so as a fan, it pays to just get everything on Stubhub. To pay 130 bucks to go to 2 preseason games is a crime. A solo venture with the preseason is $310 bucks with parking.. Now, the season is in the dumps, and we've had 2 meaningful home games. By the time the Ravens roll into town and we are 1-5, the stadium is going to be a ghost town, or packed with drunks who paid 20 bucks on stub hub. This year, as a season ticket holder, you will have paid $1,040 bucks of meaningless football.. 6 regular season games where we are out of the playoffs, and 2 preseason. 

This coming from a person who is going to Arizona in a few weeks to see this team play. I am passionate as it gets, but the live experience at MetLife is junk. Way to pricey to see a team who just isn't that good.. Also, enough with these gimmicks with "White Out's" and "Green Outs" It's a half hearted push, where you wave a towel for a few plays and the fans where whatever their favorite jersey is, regardless of color. Just win. 

That's why I never buy season tickets. It's like being an Islanders fan. Why pay for season tickets when 99/100 you can find tickets for cheaper on Stubhub? No reason to commit to the full schedule plus preseason. 

There were some completely vacant and some half empty boxes.  I wasn't really paying attention until I heard the guys behind me talking about it and then I took a look around and it was pretty surprising. 

The 'Mezzanine' sideline level always looks half empty because of the pseudo-clubs there. Lots of indoor seating + lots of corporate entertaining tixx = people just as interested in checking out the 'club' as seeing the game live. Especially when the game is a low-scoring punt-fest like this was in the first half.

3 hours ago, Green DNA said:

Johnson bought into the boxes being a huge moneymaker. Suspect it still makes money, but not nearly the numbers they projected. Look, don't have the Jets' books in front of me. But the reason to build this stadium with the emphasis on boxes was because that part of the gate is not shared revenue. If that is not selling, Johnson has a real problem. As an NFL owner, he isn't going broke mind you, but the money is not close to the projections. And that's where not selling out regular guy tickets may become an issue. Again, never heard nor saw an ad for Jets tickets until this new stadium. There was no ad budget at all because they didn't need one to sell tickets. Now? 

4 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Again, never heard nor saw an ad for Jets tickets until this new stadium. There was no ad budget at all because they didn't need one to sell tickets. Now? 

Exactly the seats were filled with Jets fans week after week regardless of the weather,game time,record. 

9 hours ago, no psls said:

That's because this new stadium is a farce . The PSL cost so much , nobody is going to games . They are just trying to recoup the money they have laid out . No home field advantage here . F-CK WOODY . BUILD US OUR OWN STADIUM !!!!!!!

Having our own stadium isn't going to solve this issue. The problem today is people don't want to shell out large $$$ for entertainment they can view from the comfort of their homes with a 60 inch TV.  Furthermore some of the people buying the tickets are looking to go to a few games and sell the remaining games at a profit to pay for their season ticket cost.  The days of stadiums being filled with 90% of home team fans is over, the NFL money making machine has put a death knell to that.

1 minute ago, 56mehl56 said:

Having our own stadium isn't going to solve this issue. The problem today is people don't want to shell out large $$$ for entertainment they can view from the comfort of their homes with a 60 inch TV.  Furthermore some of the people buying the tickets are looking to go to a few games and sell the remaining games at a profit to pay for their season ticket cost.  The days of stadiums being filled with 90% of home team fans is over, the NFL money making machine has put a death knell to that.

Just because you're an old fart and don't go to games should not keep us from having our OWN home field . 

Archived