No Home Field Advantage Today

isired

It's finally happened, there are so many Seahawks fans here they are almost as loud as us during each teams' highlights, their defense is raising their hands asking for more noise, it's just sad. Its nit like the Seahawks are the Steelers, Cowboys or Raiders, teams that always travel well. Never saw anything like this at Shea or the old Meadowlands.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, isired said:

It's finally happened, there are so many Seahawks fans here they are almost as loud as us during each teams' highlights, their defense is raising their hands asking for more noise, it's just sad. Its nit like the Seahawks are the Steelers, Cowboys or Raiders, teams that always travel well. Never saw anything like this at Shea or the old Meadowlands.

I'm gonna get ostracized for this but

football is a terrible sport to see in person and the stadium plus game day experience is eh in almost any city add to that that NY has the most fair weather fans plus the transplants and it's not surprising 

24 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

Can't be worse than watching any game on tv. Football announcers make me really appreciate the guys that call the Mets game. NFL announcers basically state the obvious and just slobber all over any player having a good game 

The sad thing is, Kevin Burkhart and John Lynch are actually one of the better duos as far as NFL announcers go

I may be out of line but I won't get on the fans who actually attend the games.   I was a season ticket holder for 10 + years - it's time consuming and expensive.  As we all know the Jets have not always made it an enjoyable experience for ticket holders...I appereciate the Jets fans who show up week after week...

I went to my first home game like 4 years ago vs SF and was extremely disappointed to see all the Niners fans there.

Made me think 'why the hell did I drive from MA for this when I can go to Foxboro once a year for similar atmosphere'.

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Jets Fans are the worst fans in football.  

I still root for this team after 35 years of crap, I was even at the game today eating and drinking overpriced food and beer, cheering them even after Fitz threw his second pic, and you're saying I'm among the worst fans in football?

It's the local bandwagoners. Hawks have been to 2 SB's in 3 years . They had lynch and have Wilson, both of whom attracted national fandom. Those fans there aren't from SEA. They're just the local half assers whose favorite team is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was there today.  Way too many Seahawks fans.  I'm in 135, and some Seahawks players would swing by that corner/side of the stadium and psyching up the crowd.  It sucked.

To the poster above, I was at that Niners game and, at the end, it was awful.  It was like being at a Niners game watching them all celebrate.

1 hour ago, BallinPB said:

I just came back from the game.  There were way too many Seahawks fans there.  Never expected it from that team.  

Frontrunners.  I suspected that there maybe some, but I didn't expect as many as there were.  Of course it would have been nice if the Jets played better so they wouldn't have had reason to cheer. 

Curious to those that attended today;were there empty seats, and where there empty sky boxes?If Woody Johnson is selling out, good for him. But if he went from a sold out every week stadium to a mess of empty seats, 2 very different things. Empty seats tend not to buy $12 warm beer and $8 hot dogs, nor pay $35 parking fees.

Gee, let me throw away a few hundred dollars for the opportunity to get pissed off at the incompetent Football team.

Field a competent team on a consistent basis that people will feel compelled to watch, rather than just selling their tickets on the aftermarket because they just couldn't be bothered to waste a day, time, money, and have aggravation of sitting through the typical New York Jets sh*tshow.

Took my family of four to their first game. I probably wouldn't do it again. It was fine, but not worth the thousand dollars.  Frankly, there's nothing to get excited about. The team got lucky to get the touchdown before the half. Otherwise there was no excitement, nor has 1-2 season given much to look forward to.

there were a ton of Seahawks fans, they were great for their team. It's a different culture there, and they've won, and have franchise players.

The stadium is so blah, feels like some company's concrete basement.

Archived