Darron Lee

UnitedWhofans

Just now, phill1c said:

Every year, there's talent at QB coming out of college is my point. Thanks for the sarcasm.

Okay, here's my last comment on this discussion.

I prefer potential franchise QB's over potential franchise inside linebackers.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, JiF said:

For the record, I think Darron Lee is a fine young NFL LB with a bright future.  He has played well and it looks like he belongs.  

Most importantly, he seems like a fantastic person.

Why did you damn him with faint praise???

42 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I cant believe the number of people who want this guy to fail.

Making threads about Paxton Lynch and whining and whinging. Nitpicking him to death, giving him no credit despite having a good start to the season.

Once again, it shows how Jets fans are scum, when it comes to NFL fans. That they are creating factions over A ROOKIE! I don't care if Paxton Lynch wins 20 Super Bowls in Denver, I still would have done it this way. Because a rookie QB in this environment is doomed to failure

Would never see this with the Patriots. Would never see this with the Browns.

Only Jets fans. Scum of the NFL

Wow Scum? Really dude? I think of myself as passionate, angry, sick of losing, frustrated, pissed off, disgusted, hopeless; but not scum. Really poor choice of words man. Like the rest of us, you are all of those adjectives as well, otherwise you would never have posted that we are scum. Nobody wants Lee to fail are you crazy? They just think, as do I, that we could have had Lee in the second round and drafted Lynch in the first, and that is all. I have read nothing on this website to the effect that anyone wants Lee to fail.

51 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Making threads about Paxton Lynch and whining and whinging. Nitpicking him to death, giving him no credit despite having a good start to the season.

Once again, it shows how Jets fans are scum, when it comes to NFL fans. That they are creating factions over A ROOKIE! I don't care if Paxton Lynch wins 20 Super Bowls in Denver, I still would have done it this way. Because a rookie QB in this environment is doomed to failure

R-E-L-A-X

Don't wish ill on Lee; quite the contrary. As long as he is here,would like to see him be a great player.

Problem is offense wins games in the 2016 NFl. The rules and the refs enforcing them beg you to pass effectively. And even the best of defenses in this league fail several times every game. This franchise, however, always seems to draft defense first. the coach is AGAIN a defense guy. Simply under Woody Johnson at the same time offense has taken off appears to have overvalued defense. Are we allowed to look around the NFL  and wonder WTF is going on here compared to every other team?We've been the fan base stuck outside on a freezing day watching the party inside with our noses pressed up against the window forever.

6 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Don't wish ill on Lee; quite the contrary. As long as he is here,would like to see him be a great player.

Problem is offense wins games in the 2016 NFl. The rules and the refs enforcing them beg you to pass effectively. And even the best of defenses in this league fail several times every game. This franchise, however, always seems to draft defense first. the coach is AGAIN a defense guy. Simply under Woody Johnson at the same time offense has taken off appears to have overvalued defense. Are we allowed to look around the NFL  and wonder WTF is going on here compared to every other team?We've been the fan base stuck outside on a freezing day watching the party inside with our noses pressed up against the window forever.

Our offense has greatly improved with Chan Gailey here

I was at the game but based on what I saw Lee has coverage skills. He got beat but made good plays. You don't see many linebackers who can stay with skill position players the way he can. It's our DBS who right now are the problem. And that's an area the Jets have spent a lot of money on. 

7 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Idk about others but you sure are a scum. 

The problem here isn't Lee. Although he isn't playing as amazing as some of you are pretending . He has been getting better each week. But he did give 2 catches for over 50 yards.  But that's growing pains .. 

the problem is we haven't had a decent QB since Prime Chad Pennington and we keep drafting defense in the first round which clearly isn't working out cause our D is terrible .. 

11 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I don't care if Paxton Lynch wins 20 Super Bowls in Denver, I still would have done it this way. Because a rookie QB in this environment is doomed to failure

If Paxton Lynch wins 20 Super Bowls in Denver and we passed on him for a good ILB it is yet another in a long list of crimes against Jets fans by team management. This pleases you, is the course of action you want to see, and you feel this makes you a better fan than others. 

Also what horrible environment exists for a rookie QB? The environment of a better receiving corps than any rookie QB is ever afforded? Perhaps it's the horrible environment of backs who are good at both receiving and picking up blitzes to help bail out the QB and help keep him upright. Maybe it's that he wouldn't be expected to start right away because the team was hell-bent on bringing back last year's starter, under a current FO and coaching staff that wants to bring along its drafted QBs more slowly than any other NFL franchise.

Lol.

14 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

well why don't you take him out one night get him all liquored up and hand him the keys to Brandon Marshalls Porsche that he's gonna lose to Antonio Brown

Sorry but that is not the most important quality of a player one drafts.

A player can be a fantastic person and unworthy of a first round draft pick (just look at our starting QB). Likewise, he can be less than a fantastic person but still be a worthwhile draft pick (like say, Roethlisberger who belongs in prison but was still a far better draft pick than the pro bowl ILB we took with he very next pick).

Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

Sorry but that is not the most important quality of a player one drafts.

A player can be a fantastic person and unworthy of a first round draft pick (just look at our starting QB). Likewise, he can be less than a fantastic person but still be a worthwhile draft pick (like say, Roethlisberger who belongs in prison but was still a far better draft pick than the pro bowl ILB we took with he very next pick).

I know Sperm I was messing with you.

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I thought it was just you lashing out at me because of all those arguments you lost. :)    

Ok you got me. 

I'm not sure what arguments I lost but we all lose some from time to time. I'm not in the camp of blaming everything on the QB and I never will be when a team stinks in all phases of the game and plays with no heart. 

13 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Who doesnt like darron lee?  He has played well for a rookie.  

I don't think fans dislike Lee specifically ... they dislike that the team drafted him instead of Lynch. Pryor gets similar treatment; no matter what he does he isn't a QB so he's a bad pick.

IMHO, the venom about that should be directed at the front office, not the player. The players can't help where they were drafted, who else was on the board ... Lee can't suddenly be a better player because Lynch shows up, it's an unfair expectation.

I recall having this argument way back when Dewayne Robertson got draft at #4 ... people were insisting that he play better to "live up to his draft slot". Like that has any way of altering a player's ability. Not his fault the team drafted him so high.

I thought Lee played very well yesterday, his coverage was very good. He just got beaten by a QB & TE at the top of their game yesterday.

Archived