Jets worked out Marcel Reece today

Barkus

Yes, I noticed after we got rid of the FB position it seems we have no holes to run through. Another brilliant effing move. Lets keep 4 TE's on the roster one of which is Bowman,who is as useless as a 3 dollar bill and have no FB to lead block for our RBs especially for Forte who could use that help right now. 

1 hour ago, August said:

Cut Amaro realize your mistake now go after Austin Seferian-Jenkins

Cut Bohannon realize your mistake now sign Marcel Reese

Now, I was only a minor Amaro fan...but even I can accept the fact that neither Amaro nor Bohannan may have offered what the Jets were seeking at the position, and they're still looking.

18 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Now, I was only a minor Amaro fan...but even I can accept the fact that neither Amaro nor Bohannan may have offered what the Jets were seeking at the position, and they're still looking.

I think the point was more that, at the time, they didn't let them go in favor of others. They let them go in favor of nobody.

Then, after weeks later, it occurred to them maybe they should replace them before leaving a void. Jenkins could be a serious upgrade to Amaro, but it's dumb luck he was available so early in the season.

Bohanon was meh, but trying to run a more scat back than power back up the gut with backup linemen and no FB? With the big upgrade in opponents on top of that with our garbage QB, is it any wonder it's working so infrequently?

9 hours ago, detectivekimble said:

That was no mistake.  And the Jets ended up upgrading.

We dropped a TE who was productive when he was healthy. I don't necessarily see how ASJ is a clear upgrade. It isn't like we picked up Jimmy Graham or anything. 

9 hours ago, peekskill68 said:

Marcel Reece was a pretty good football player.  Now he is 31.  I'm not sure signing another 30+ year RB would be a move in the right direction...

Of course it is. Mac working diligently towards that #1 pick!

12 hours ago, August said:

Cut Amaro realize your mistake now go after Austin Seferian-Jenkins

Cut Bohannon realize your mistake now sign Marcel Reese

Yeah, I'm not so sure it was a mistake. I feel like Amaro simply could not cut it (and I had high hopes ever since he was drafted), he was dropping a lot of balls. The Jets were not going to give a 'receiving' TE who can't block or catch a spot on the roster. At least ASJ caught both passes thrown to him in the limited action he saw. 

I don;t think cutting Bhannon was much of a mistake either. They are looking at RBs like Reese for short yardage situations, probably in the red zone. Bohannon was certainly not that. They tried handing the ball off to him in the preseason, he was no good running the ball. He's not a bad run blocker, but he's not much of a runner. Reese is much better in that regard.  

Steelers signed RB Karlos Williams to their practice squad.

With his suspension ending last week, Williams was expected to work out for the Bills, the team that cut him over the summer, but Buffalo canceled the workout. Pittsburgh visited with Williams back in August after his release from the Bills. His brother, Vince, is also on the Steelers. On the practice squad, Williams will provide depth and maybe be brought along as Le'Veon Bell's eventual No. 2 possibly as soon as next season with DeAngelo Williams' contract running dry.

8 hours ago, August said:

We dropped a TE who was productive when he was healthy. I don't necessarily see how ASJ is a clear upgrade. It isn't like we picked up Jimmy Graham or anything. 

Amaro wasn't productive.  He sucks.  ASJ had a block in last week's game that was better than anything Amaro has ever done.  He also showed his athleticism on that sideline catch.  Amaro's clumsy ass could never do that.  

Archived