MANISH vs BIG MO

BRONX DUDE

Hopefully this lights a fire under Mo and he has a monster game vs. the Cards. The talk of the Jets locker room giving up on Bowles, giving up on each other, etc. after 5 games and a 1-4 start vs. the toughest part of their schedule and a HUGE Monday Night game coming up is ridiculous. There's a lot of veterans on this team. A lot of good leaders, quiet and vocal. A lot of young guys that could give a F what the teams record is, they are going to play their hearts out every game and give 100% every snap.  

Manish is a turd and was indeed butt hurt by Mo not giving him any air time. 

R-E-L-A-X

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

First of all...you brought up the media..I brought up Mehta.  So please don't tell me to follow the OP.  I was referencing one specific person and you brought up the NYDN.

Mehta is a tool that has made things up on multiple occasions - there is zero reason to believe him and that is entirely the point of the thread.  It is what Mehta had to say.

I think you missed my point, which was that MM would not be working in the job he has if his employer thought he had zero cred.

12 hours ago, peebag said:

Listen, I'm as disappointed as the next Jets fan but c'mon....it's Manish.

He's a giant turd. 

Agreed , he's throwing a hissy fit because Mo is apprently the first athlete not to answer questions after a loss ?..F Manish

44 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

no, I got it...I just disagree.  

I guess we can leave it at that - we just have different opinions.

I am not at all of the opinion that MM is anything other than someone who PRIMARILY looks to jack up his media footprint.  But where we disagree and will leave it no problems is I don't think he's never about printing a credible story.

3 hours ago, Jolot said:

Agreed , he's throwing a hissy fit because Mo is apprently the first athlete not to answer questions after a loss ?..F Manish

3 hours ago, Big Blocker said:

I am not at all of the opinion that MM is anything other than someone who PRIMARILY looks to jack up his media footprint.  But where we disagree and will leave it no problems is I don't think he's never about printing a credible story.

I just realized you guys are 2 different accounts... one of yall need to change your avatar

5 hours ago, whodeawhodat said:

totally agree with this 100%

the part of Sheldon saying he doesnt know if everyone is giving 100% concerns me more.  this could be a well timed temper tantrum from man-ish or maybe he is trying to pick a fight with Mo. he should have security around him because i have the feeling that mo has a long fuse and you dont want to reach the end of it. 

Really.... Does man-ish take it this personal if a guy slacks after getting paid?

Maybe it is time for a players only meeting.  I have my issues with Richardson but at least he is showing that he cares.   The need to have closed door players only meeting and let the chips fall where they may.  Who knows, maybe it will bring the team closer together rather than tear it apart. 

4 hours ago, Larz said:

I'm shocked a jets beat writer is stirring up sh*t. 

mo has always been quiet. 

Now it's an issue, lol

So when he talked to the press about not being happy about his contract that was really just a look alike he had hid in his locker?? :blink:

9 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

So when he talked to the press about not being happy about his contract that was really just a look alike he had hid in his locker?? :blink:

Heh.

Ftr I am not a Wilkerson hater.  I did think the logic of the contract situation with him before the 15 season was such that the FO should have really tried to trade him.  But as a player and my perception of him as a teammate, I considered myself a fan.  He's not getting it done now, though, he just got the big contract, and he had a snotty attitude after the Steelers game.  Is this something we as fans can piece together and wonder whether this is in fact a problem? 

I don't know that it is a big problem, but there's certainly enough here to create a concern, and his being quiet in the past is not an answer.

9 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

Heh.

Ftr I am not a Wilkerson hater.  I did think the logic of the contract situation with him before the 15 season was such that the FO should have really tried to trade him.  But as a player and my perception of him as a teammate, I considered myself a fan.  He's not getting it done now, though, he just got the big contract, and he had a snotty attitude after the Steelers game.  Is this something we as fans can piece together and wonder whether this is in fact a problem? 

I don't know that it is a big problem, but there's certainly enough here to create a concern, and his being quiet in the past is not an answer.

I like Mo although I never thought he would not only get a Watt contract but one even bigger.. I'm sure Mo is a great guy but like many players that look at football as I great way to be set for life once you get the big contract,well maybe he feels can just coast now..

16 hours ago, peebag said:

Listen, I'm as disappointed as the next Jets fan but c'mon....it's Manish.

He's a giant turd. 

If the Jets were leading the AFCE going away and Mo choose not to talk to the press nobody would care a bit. Professional really only matters as to what he does during games. Might make Mehta's job easier, but really nobody cares what he thinks and his paper is on the brink of bankruptcy anyway. 

9 hours ago, prime21 said:

14700740_10210810871010971_3811563415186

I know his reputation around here.  But this is a curious post.  The vague nature of it makes me wonder what and/or whom he is referring to?  He often writes in a shock-jock manner.  This is different.  He is telling us that he sees things he can't tell us.  Maybe because it risks his access?

11 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

I know his reputation around here.  But this is a curious post.  The vague nature of it makes me wonder what and/or whom he is referring to?  He often writes in a shock-jock manner.  This is different.  He is telling us that he sees things he can't tell us.  Maybe because it risks his access?

This isn't any different. It's click-bait nonsense.

12 hours ago, PepPep said:

Hopefully this lights a fire under Mo and he has a monster game vs. the Cards. The talk of the Jets locker room giving up on Bowles, giving up on each other, etc. after 5 games and a 1-4 start vs. the toughest part of their schedule and a HUGE Monday Night game coming up is ridiculous. There's a lot of veterans on this team. A lot of good leaders, quiet and vocal. A lot of young guys that could give a F what the teams record is, they are going to play their hearts out every game and give 100% every snap.  

Manish is a turd and was indeed butt hurt by Mo not giving him any air time. 

R-E-L-A-X

Well we'll see Monday night won't we.

4 hours ago, RoadFan said:

i wonder why nobody else has seen this and reported it.  are the writers on the jet payroll that they don't report negative stories about the jets.  :P :D

One of the best D line players in the league is going through a slump and here he is calling him out. But the QB he begged to the Jets to re-sign is playing like trash and he treats him with kids glove. Bottomline is this guy isn't objective at all with his criticism. 

7 minutes ago, August said:

One of the best D line players in the league is going through a slump and here he is calling him out. But the QB he begged to the Jets to re-sign is playing like trash and he treats him with kids glove. Bottomline is this guy isn't objective at all with his criticism. 

Say what you want about Fitz but he doesn't run and hide from the media and any questions. He's available most every day to reporters. Also, Fitz is a limited average QB and he's playing like it. What are they going to call him out on? Mo is a top tier defender and he isn't playing like it and he's being paid like it. He deserves to be asked tough questions and he isn't answering them, nor is he making them go away by playing like a pedestrian. 

2 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Say what you want about Fitz but he doesn't run and hide from the media and any questions. He's available most every day to reporters. Also, Fitz is a limited average QB and he's playing like it. What are they going to call him out on? Mo is a top tier defender and he isn't playing like it and he's being paid like it. He deserves to be asked tough questions and he isn't answering them, nor is he making them go away by playing like a pedestrian. 

So you just proved my point. The crux of the issue is that Mo doesn't want to give them in depth answers. That doesn't make Mo a "bad leader" or "unaccountable".

59 minutes ago, August said:

So you just proved my point. The crux of the issue is that Mo doesn't want to give them in depth answers. That doesn't make Mo a "bad leader" or "unaccountable".

He's not giving any answers at all, basically. That is exactly what makes him unaccountable.

3 hours ago, August said:

For some reason Fitzpatrick is getting a pass from everyone treating him like he won the Super Bowl last season and is just having an off season this year funny how the media and fans expose and ridicule certain players for bad play but ignore others. 

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

For some reason Fitzpatrick is getting a pass from everyone treating him like he won the Super Bowl last season and is just having an off season this year funny how the media and fans expose and ridicule certain players for bad play but ignore others. 

The only people giving Fitz a pass are the "never Geno" posters on this site

22 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

So Bowles and Mo are unaccountable? 

Spare me:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17757470/todd-bowles-takes-all-blame-jets-losing-streak

PITTSBURGH -- The New York Jets have lost three straight for the first time in 21 games under Todd Bowles, and the coach is pointing the finger at himself.

"I take all the blame; I'm the head coach," Bowles said Sunday after a 31-13 loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers at Heinz Field. "We'll go where I go. We're 1-4. That falls on me.

"As I lead, they follow. I need to do a better job of leading these guys and getting them prepared. We have to move on from there. You can put it all on me."

Archived