Mac sucks ass too

nico002

3 hours ago, Mecca said:

Mac gave into media/fan pressure to re-sign this b*tch Fitz. Mac signed Bowles over Quinn. Mac invested in a project QB with a 2nd round pick that can't even dress. 

I'm losing faith.

Mac didn't sign Bowles.

Bowles was signed a few days before Mac was signed

4 hours ago, Ghost said:

I have to disagree. This team has talent. It's lacking major coaching. 

Mac had talent coming into the job. He made a few good moves but overall wasted a ton of good money on aging, underperforming vets and has made horrible draft decisions that are becoming Idziotlike. This team is so unbalanced it's pathetic. 

This team looks worse than it is.  Signing Mo and Sixpatrick are Mac's only two major missteps.  Geno could have gotten us to 1-5 or better and we'd have saved all that $.  Mac caved here IMHO.  

*Fans at this site and others pointed to his career stats before signing Sixpatrick.  He NEVER beats good teams.  Why didn't Mac know this as well?

*Richardson is playing out of position a good deal of the time.  The Mo $ would have been better spent on a serviceable #2 CB so that Skrine wouldn't be in that role and playing out of position.

Most other Mac complaints are overstated IMHO.     

43 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

This team looks worse than it is.  Signing Mo and Sixpatrick are Mac's only two major missteps.  Geno could have gotten us to 1-5 or better and we'd have saved all that $.  Mac caves here IMHO.  

*Fans at this site and others pointed to his career stats before Sixpatrick.  He NEVER beats good teams.  Why didn't Mac know this as well?

*Richardson is playing out of position a good deal of the time.  The Mo $ would have been better spent on a serviceable #2 CB so that Skrine wouldn't be in that role and playing out of position.

Overstated? This is now a 4/3 team with 4 DT's starting. No speed rusher at all. The LB's are 3/4 LB without an edge rusher. No FB. No power runner. The whole roster is a disaster.

7 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

Overstated? This is now a 4/3 team with 4 DT's starting. No speed rusher at all. The LB's are 3/4 LB without an edge rusher. No FB. No power runner. The whole roster is a disaster.

IMHO we should remain a 3-4 D and use the extra DT in a rotation to keep the whole line fresh(er).  That solves the LB issue as well.  Once again this is all on Bowles, not Mac.

Regarding the FB, yeah that is a head scratcher in light of our lack of a power runner.  I presume that it was felt that Forte couldn't run it up the middle even with a FB.  I can believe it.  The late loss of Kery Robinson really screwed us.  Mac gambled and lost on his leg fx recovery.         

10 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

IMHO we should remain a 3-4 D and use the extra DT in a rotation to keep the whole line fresh(er).  That solves the LB issue as well.  Once again this is all on Bowles, not Mac.

Regarding the FB, yeah that is a head scratcher in light of our lack of a power runner.  I presume that it was felt that Forte couldn't run it up the middle even with a FB.  I can believe it.  The late loss of Kery Robinson really screwed us.  Mac gambled and lost on his leg fx recovery.         

Still no speed rusher and the DT's are high, well paid draft picks. Some of the other DT's are well paid FA pick ups. That is on the GM

Mac has done an excellent job here as GM. The team is vastly underperforming due to coaching, QB, and CB issues. 

The Jets need to find a QB and Maccagnan looks to be dead set on doing so. We will take a QB again next year and again and again until we find one.

I'm starting to back away from my thoughts that Mac has been excellent, but I still think he's done a good job with some low cost pickups and not screwing up the cap. 

Bowles is clearly no good as a coach. Who knows, maybe in 2,3,4 years he becomes a good coach, but I have real doubts about that. 

The roster isn't perfect, but Bowles really finds a way to get as little as possible out of it.

3 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Mac has done an excellent job here as GM. The team is vastly underperforming due to coaching, QB, and CB issues. 

The Jets need to find a QB and Maccagnan looks to be dead set on doing so. We will take a QB again next year and again and again until we find one.

I don't understand why Macc gets a free pass in this mess.   

The Wilkerson contract makes Tannenbaum look smart and it's going to be an albatross for years.   

Revis got way too much $. 

Mauldin / Jenkins look like Jags and not even as good as the guys they replaced.  

Harris is overpaid. 

Gilchrist is invisible, Skrine can't cover anyone and is totally lost

We have street FA's playing ahead of our 5th rd CB

4 QBs on a roster with gaping holes

and the OL has been ignored for 2 consecutive off-seasons.   

what exactly am i supposed to be impressed by? 

3 minutes ago, LionelRichie said:

The Wilkerson contract makes Tannenbaum look smart and it's going to be an albatross for years.   

Mauldin / Jenkins look like Jags and not even as good as the guys they replaced.  

Harris is overpaid. 

So, I have a feeling you aren't exactly dancing on the ceiling over Mac's moves.

8 minutes ago, LionelRichie said:

Harris is overpaid. 

1. Fans and media wanted him to sign Wilkerson and reward him

2. No one complained at the time

3. Mauldin and Jenkins are good depth and young players

4 Harris was overpaid before Macc came here

5. Skrine is a slot corner. Gilchrist I will give you

6 The fact that a street FA is playing well should be in Macc's favor

7. Roster didnt have gaping holes last year and it was basically the same

8 OL has not been ignored. They drafted OL in two straight years

8 hours ago, Mecca said:

Mac gave into media/fan pressure to re-sign this b*tch Fitz. Mac signed Bowles over Quinn. Mac invested in a project QB with a 2nd round pick that can't even dress. 

I'm losing faith.

Bowles was on board when Mac was hired.  They just pressured Mac to rubber stamp it the day he came in.  And since he wanted the job he was agreeble.  He may even have liked Bowles.  I doubt Bowles was the specific guy he wanted, though.   Bowles was Casserly and Wolf's guy.  And they pulled Woody's strings

8 hours ago, Ghost said:

I have to disagree. This team has talent. It's lacking major coaching. 

Besides the defensive line, which is the most underachieving unit in professional sports, what or personnel grouping has above average talent? Maybe the WRs. That's it. Running backs are average, offensive line is below average, tight ends are LOL. On defense the linebackers are so bad that they actually missed Harris last night and Sheldon Richardson is seen as a viable alternative. The corners are not good. They were and have been exposed. And the safeties are middling players. 

Nick Folk is probably above average. We can always hang our hat on that!

This team looks worse than it is.  Signing Mo and Sixpatrick are Mac's only two major missteps.  Geno could have gotten us to 1-5 or better and we'd have saved all that $.  Mac caved here IMHO.  
*Fans at this site and others pointed to his career stats before signing Sixpatrick.  He NEVER beats good teams.  Why didn't Mac know this as well?

I think signing Wilkerson was the right move, we all know he is not as good as Richardson but he is certainly less of a liability and my gut says Richardson is going to hold out for suh money or more. Signing fitz was probably not something he wanted to do as much as he needed to, after the season fitz had with us last year could you imagine the reaction he would have gotten from the media and fan base if geno was at the helm and we were 1 and 6? Corners were the one thing I believe he did poorly this off-season because I don't think it takes a genius to look at our roster going into the season and say gee we are screwed if revis gets hurt or underpreforms.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

QB is the main issue, but after last year they thought they was getting the 31 TD Fitz's, not the 31INT Fitz. It's Bowles I have more of an issue with. He's D is aweful. Worst in the NFL. Not playing Mauldin he's playing Sheldon at OLB, and 4 DT's in the front 4 is just stupid.

He's got to go I can't see him getting a 3rd year now.

9 hours ago, Mecca said:

I'm losing faith.

You are losing faith with the wrong information.  While I cannot prove he gave in to media pressure, he has a boss too that may have told him to sign him.  And he did not sign Bowles.  Bowles was hired prior to Mac. 

Archived