People said "tough 1st 6 games". Ravens = tough 7th game

TuscanyTile2

The game is in NY which gives us a shot but the Ravens are always tough for us and they seem to be tough again this year.  Yes they're only 3-3 but they just lost a very close game to the Giants in NY.  They're going to be hungry to win this week.  Obviously I assume we will be too but right now we're in disarray.

12 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The game is in NY which gives us a shot but the Ravens are always tough for us and they seem to be tough again this year.  Yes they're only 3-3 but they just lost a very close game to the Giants in NY.  They're going to be hungry to win this week.  Obviously I assume we will be too but right now we're in disarray.

Sadly, it does not.  Nothing on planet earth gives us a shot with our QB situation and defense.

3 hours ago, AFJF said:

Sadly, it does not.  Nothing on planet earth gives us a shot with our QB situation and defense.

Have to agree here. The way this offense plays is Tony Sparano type incompetence. I can't see us beating the birds who we never seem to be able to beat. Flacco is a pretty good QB, and should have fun Sunday.

I wouldn't predict a win against the Browns at this point. The Jets are the worst team in the league if you go by points differential (-69, Cleveland second worst at -63), which is often more indicative of a team's quality than record.

I have two tickets to the game this weekend that I'm going to sell on ebay if Ryan Fitzpatrick starts. Seriously, if Bowles does start Fraudpatrick, that indicates to me that he either doesn't care about winning anymore, or is too incompetent to see that we need a QB change, or (probably) both. Why should I pay money to see this team if that's Bowles' attitude?

Change only comes after complete chaos. I'm officially on board with us getting trashed week after week, no more lipstick on a pig for me with this team. Bowles is not the answer. This team hasn't even been competitive since game 1 unless you think keeping it close in the 1st half competitive?

If we squeak out a couple wins over the next 4 Bowles will keep trotting out Fitz & keep his job. Based on the mistakes this guy has made in his young career he's gotta go. Not going for 2 points vs the Bills was a HUGE RED FLAG. He might be the greatest guy in the world but that alone doesn't make me want him to coach the team I root for. 

Nope, this needs to get UGLY. How about for once we allow our GM to actually run the organization. I'm telling you all right now that if we keep this coach it is just inevitable that 2 years from now he'll be gone anyway.

Give me a list of 10 things that Bowles has shown you he's good at or reasons why he SHOULD continue as our coach. Give me one example of a decision he made in his 1st 22 games that had a direct effect on a WIN & after you make that list which is ZERO, list the decisions or game plans he's put together that contributed to losses. 

15 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I actually think this will be a detriment this week.  The team is going to be booed relentlessly

Fitz will get booed off the field at first sign of poor performance...Geno will get relentlessly booed regardless of his performance (good or bad - even if he doesn't deserve it)

If Petty comes in the fans might, might, give him a chance but that'll only last a couple of drives. ...

Jet fans are the worst.... 

the sched hasn't been nearly as tough as it looked, we haven't lost b/c of the sched, we have lost b/c we suck.  Cincy has been mediocre, Sea hasn't been great, KC has been ok, AZ has been mediocre, Pitt has been up and down.  it's about us, our horribly coached team not the opponents.

15 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

the sched hasn't been nearly as tough as it looked, we haven't lost b/c of the sched, we have lost b/c we suck.  Cincy has been mediocre, Sea hasn't been great, KC has been ok, AZ has been mediocre, Pitt has been up and down.  it's about us, our horribly coached team not the opponents.

This.  The Steelers got smoked by the Dolphags and Eagles.  The Bengals suck out loud.  The Chiefs are the kings of mediocre.  The Cardinals are not a good Football team.  The only tough game was Seattle and they came cross country for a 1pm game with hobbled QB.

33 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

The Ravens are a much more winnable game for the Jets though. Not saying they will win, but the last 3 weeks it really felt like they didn't have much of a chance. This game feels different. If we play well, we can beat this team.

Yea...no.  Ravens 27 Jets 10.

Archived