Bowles: Fitz to start Sunday vs. NE

jetscrazey

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Fibonacci said:

I was planning on going this Sunday if Petty started but I guess not anymore. Shame. 

I heard the Fitztragic starting news on the radio and then I was glad when I opened my email today to read this:  

StubHub, Inc. sent you $842.40 USD

Hope the dopey Pats fans who paid $1,136 for those 3 tickets (after stub hub 21% buyer fee) have a grand old time.  Let it rain the whole f-ing game.

44 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You are 100% correct, that is the perception of the team today.

But if the Jets can finish 4-2 or 3-3, if the players can show that they have heart and passion, that is the undo button for the crap they've put on the field these first 10 weeks.   And that helps us more next year then to see that Bryce Petty is mediocre.

SAR I

About as wrong as humanly possible.  There isnt a chance that a FA doesnt go wherever the best deal is offered.  Have you guys ever followed sports?  The woe is me, our team is so bad no one will come here nonsense comes up from time to time and never is validated.  But SOJFs will spew it all the time 

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

I heard the Fitztragic starting news on the radio and then I was glad when I opened my email today to read this:  

StubHub, Inc. sent you $842.40 USD

Hope the dopey Pats fans who paid $1,136 for those 3 tickets (after stub hub 21% buyer fee) have a grand old time.  Let it rain the whole f-ing game.

Good for you Dave. I am glad you got some of your season ticket money back. 

13 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

Let Fitz lose a couple more games.  At 9 losses they have to start Petty.

Who showed pretty much to all that he has no clue how to play on this level.  But we're pissed because most havent accepted that yet

45 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The Ryan Fitzpatrick signing was a no-brainer.  Especially in light of what we have seen from Geno and Petty this year. 

That was not some risky move that Maccagnan should be judged on.  That was common sense. 

SAR I

True.  But what Macc should be judged on is that when that QB is statistically the worst in the league, and the season is over, that the two -- not one, but two -- guys he drafted, still aren't good enough to play.

Just now, Fibonacci said:

Good for you Dave. I am glad you got some of your season ticket money back. 

yep.  Not my preferred plan for the season, not even close to what I wanted to do...  but given the terrible management of this team and the bad attitudes of the vets on this team I've unloaded all the remaining games except the Saturday night game vs the Dolphins, which are still listed on Stubhub and Ticket Master. As you can see, I got well over face for Patriots, primarily because Pats fans are stupid and don't realize that they should have waited till prices crash.  I got slightly below face for the Rams, $25 below face per ticket for Bills and $30 below face per ticket for Indianapolis.  I'd be happy with 75% of face for the Dolphins.  Will post parking passes for sale closer to games when the prices go up.  We have a pair of yellow passes for each game. We sometimes don't need two and I usually can sell a yellow pass for about $45-$60, netting about $40 - $55.  I expect that to drop as the jets record gets worse and worse in the weeks ahead.   

Hey....  I didn't even blow the money on Fan Duel.  I''m showing tremendous restraint this season.  

37 minutes ago, TheSage said:

The only real question I have regarding this decision is--WHY??? The season is lost-why not see what he has and how he progresses. He has the arm- does he have the head-can he develope with game experience.  Makes no sense.

Bowles is managing his career.  If Fitz gets to 6-10 and the jets fire him he can say "hey I had a .500 record with no real qb" and try to parlay that into another HC gig

Look I'm pretty sure that Petty would like this start but based on what we saw last week he's not ready for the most confusing defensive game plan in the NFL. You'd want to put him in a position to be successful. And as a Jets fan I want to win and Fitz gives us our best chance to win and is capable of on a good day of defeating them. Last week vs the Rams based on a good defense I think we win with Fitz. He had one horrible game (and other Qbs are having multiple pick games) one great game and the others fair. Bowles is making the right decision and probably Petty will get a few starts. 

3 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Look I'm pretty sure that Petty would like this start but based on what we saw last week he's not ready for the most confusing defensive game plan in the NFL. You'd want to put him in a position to be successful. And as a Jets fan I want to win and Fitz gives us our best chance to win and is capable of on a good day of defeating them. Last week vs the Rams based on a good defense I think we win with Fitz. He had one horrible game (and other Qbs are having multiple pick games) one great game and the others fair. Bowles is making the right decision and probably Petty will get a few starts. 

That's it... it's official.  Rangers9 is trollin' us.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Apparently that is a risk they are not willing to take.  They want the team to start behaving like a team and playing with a purpose. 

In my opinion, Woody Johnson wants to give Todd Bowles every opportunity to keep his job and to do that he has to bring the locker room together and show that the team is responding to him. Like it or not, going with a veteran quarterback is what helps in this regard. 

SAR I

This is no win situation for them when 80+% of fanbase and media want petty...even if Fits turns into 2nd coming of Unitas it went matter 

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Common sense that BACKFIRED!!!!!!!!!!!   Shows how inept are GM really is. 

There were other options Macc chose the wrong one. 

He has 0 success in the NFL the same record as Ryan Fitzpatrick and Todd Bowles 

Misery loves company.

We all know looking back that Fitzpatrick resigning is a bust.  But back in July it was the right move.  10 wins, bigtime OT comebacks, record setting TD passes, great chemistry with Decker/Marshall, beat the Patriots, beat the Giants on the road, it was a no-brainer.

SAR I

3 hours ago, CaliforniaJet said:

Petty and Hack are both worse than the worst QB in the NFL????

What the heck are we doing here??

IMO you can have one developmental QB on a roster not two.  

If a back up can't step in for the worst performing QB in the NFL then you have a roster mistake plain and simple. 

1 hour ago, Mike135 said:

Gotta disagree.  It seems because the majority of posters here, fans in general, and media believed Fitz should have been signed, then it was common sense.  And as you say, Macc shouldn't be judged on that.

BS.  I don't want someone who has as much knowledge as the average fan or sports writer as our GM.  There were still plenty of fans who saw what Fitz was (a complete waste).  

Just because the masses think something, doesn't mean it was correct.  Paying Fitz ruined this season.  It's clear as day.  Just as clear as it was to many of us before he was re-signed.  

Question is if Macc should be fired for ruining an entire season and almost certainly hurting Woody's bottom line.  I can't answer that yet.  However the Wilk signing isn't looking so hot either.

This was a horrible year for Macc.

The first 6 games were killer.

We had lost Ivory and Brick.

Alternatives like Geno Smith, Bryce Petty, and Christian Hackenberg were unacceptable.

Whether we paid $2M or $12M Ryan Fitzpatrick was the only choice in July for a rebuilding team without a franchise quarterback.

SAR I

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

About as wrong as humanly possible.  There isnt a chance that a FA doesnt go wherever the best deal is offered.  Have you guys ever followed sports?  The woe is me, our team is so bad no one will come here nonsense comes up from time to time and never is validated.  But SOJFs will spew it all the time 

When the FA offer sheets are within 5% of each other team location, team culture, roster composition, and potential for success are the tiebreakers and they matter. 

Northern New Jersey is a great place to live, we have a great training facility, we have an owner that spends money, and we have a rabid fanbase.  But if the locker room is toxic and the coordinator and head coach are in jeopardy, the Jets lose.

SAR I

1 hour ago, Shadetree said:

Why the FVCK are some saying petty is no good!? 

We don't know that!!! Petty should be starting the rest of the year!!! That all there to it.

I was told its because Todd sees Petty and Hack in practice :lol:, like in sees them when they're heading to and from the locker room. 

1 hour ago, gEYno said:

True.  But what Macc should be judged on is that when that QB is statistically the worst in the league, and the season is over, that the two -- not one, but two -- guys he drafted, still aren't good enough to play.

This "statistically worst QB" stuff is distorted by the brutal Kansas City anomaly, take away that game, he's on par for his career totals.

SAR I

27 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

This is no win situation for them when 80+% of fanbase and media want petty...even if Fits turns into 2nd coming of Unitas it went matter 

Fitzpatrick is not on the team next year, take that out of the equation.

It boils down to whether we invest the last 6 games to validate a low-percentage quarterback or a high-percentage head coach and our owner has chosen the latter.  With FItzpatrick, the Jets are a better team, the veterans feel their head coach has their back, the malcontents might be encouraged to believe a bit and play hard, etc.

Bowles and Maccagnan know the temperature of the locker room.  If it were good, they'd start Petty.  It's not.  This is a problem with having a bunch of older, pricey veterans.  If we had a locker room full of young kids, they'd rally behind Petty, not take the weeks off.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

When the FA offer sheets are within 5% of each other team location, team culture, roster composition, and potential for success are the tiebreakers and they matter. 

Northern New Jersey is a great place to live, we have a great training facility, we have an owner that spends money, and we have a rabid fanbase.  But if the locker room is toxic and the coordinator and head coach are in jeopardy, the Jets lose.

SAR I

And rarely are they that close where it becomes an issue.  Rarely.  When was the last time two team went after a player and the player chose one team over another due to team cluture, composition or potential?  Rarely, its either more money or familiarity or possibly location, which has nothing to do with the team makeup.  

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Fitzpatrick is not on the team next year, take that out of the equation.

It boils down to whether we invest the last 6 games to validate a low-percentage quarterback or a high-percentage head coach and our owner has chosen the latter.  With FItzpatrick, the Jets are a better team, the veterans feel their head coach has their back, the malcontents might be encouraged to believe a bit and play hard, etc.

Bowles and Maccagnan know the temperature of the locker room.  If it were good, they'd start Petty.  It's not.  This is a problem with having a bunch of older, pricey veterans.  If we had a locker room full of young kids, they'd rally behind Petty, not take the weeks off.n

SAR I

Don't agree...Bowels\Chan did the same exact thing to Fitz when he got here...it did not make any sense then either.  We lucked out with geno getting punched...saved us from another poor decision.

When the pats are scoring at will and our 3 and outs start piling up, The boo birds will be so bad Woody will finally see what's going on here.

This Sunday will be one of the worst moments in franchise history.  It's going to get that bad in that stadium.

Boo loud jet fans.  Don't stand for this crap.

9 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

When the pats are scoring at will and our 3 and outs start piling up, The boo birds will be so bad Woody will finally see what's going on here.

This Sunday will be one of the worst moments in franchise history.  It's going to get that bad in that stadium.

This reminds me of NY Jets cerca 1994 to 1996

1 hour ago, Mike135 said:

That's it... it's official.  Rangers9 is trollin' us.

Do you really think we would have scored 6 points against the Rams if Fitz was the Qb. (I know what you're going to say. He'd toss another 6 pack and we'd lose 36-17) Look we know he isn't coming back next season. So you guys will have to find another scapegoat. But I want to beat NEP and think we have a chance with Fitz. I really do. Trolling is something you did all summer long but I still like you. ;). Buds? No, ok but not enemies. 

40 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And rarely are they that close where it becomes an issue.  Rarely.  When was the last time two team went after a player and the player chose one team over another due to team cluture, composition or potential?  Rarely, its either more money or familiarity or possibly location, which has nothing to do with the team makeup.  

Rarely perhaps, but it's going to matter now more than ever. 

SAR I

This is a truly baffeling decision.  Even if Bowles thinks Petty sucks, it makes no sense to continue with Fitz.  Last we saw Petty he was throwing the ball pretty well in pre-season.  The CS hasn't seen him much more since his injury.

If Petty is a bust, now is the time to find out.  

Give him the ball, and let him throw upfield.  That's what he does best.  If more come back the other way as picks, well the kid got his small window, failed, move on.  If he looks like he belongs out there, it would be a very positive thing going into next year.  Even if he flops, at least they get get an early draft pick.

I'm still holding out hope that Bowles isn't this stupid, and the plan is to start him against the Colts. If not.........................He's got to go

16 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Do you really think we would have scored 6 points against the Rams if Fitz was the Qb. (I know what you're going to say. He'd toss another 6 pack and we'd lose 36-17) Look we know he isn't coming back next season. So you guys will have to find another scapegoat. But I want to beat NEP and think we have a chance with Fitz. I really do. Trolling is something you did all summer long but I still like you. ;). Buds? No, ok but not enemies. 

Fair enough.  And yup, that's what I was gonna say.

Plus it really is debatable which QB gives the best shot at winning.  Not even thinking about experience or building for the future.

Unless it's windy.  Then it's not debatable.  Petty (or anyone who can lift 2 gallons of milk at the same time with one arm) is the better option.

57 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

If Woody can't see what's going on now, he never will.

42 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Fair enough.  And yup, that's what I was gonna say.

Plus it really is debatable which QB gives the best shot at winning.  Not even thinking about experience or building for the future.

Unless it's windy.  Then it's not debatable.  Petty (or anyone who can lift 2 gallons of milk at the same time with one arm) is the better option.

The worst thing a Qb can do after a pick 6 and probably even stupider is a red zone turnover, Mark Sanchez's specialty. And Fitz has done it a lot this year. So I have no problem getting rid of him. After that it's inability to move an offense which is what you got with Petty. I'm not for using regular season as a try out. As for Petty vs NEP he isn't going to figure them out. Give this game and Indy to Fitz and if we lose both of them then start Petty. 

6 minutes ago, Flushing Roots said:

If Woody can't see what's going on now, he never will.

Woody's in a very bad spot.  

He just fired a GM after only two years.  Very unusual move.  He then made the ultimate mistake.  He broke the usual chain of command, that the HC is responsible to the GM, and gave Bowles a contract that said Bowles is only responsible to Woody.  Only Woody can fire him.....again after only 2 years.

Very stupid move on Woody's part.  He may be an excellent investment broker, but he's not a football guy.  Out of pure pride I don't think he has the balls to fire Bowles after two seasons

Archived