Revis: I'm an All-Time Jet and Should Be Treated With Class

C Mart

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

So when he held us over a barrel and held out twice, it was business. Now he's not playing well at all and may very well be cut by an organization looking to make the correct business decision and suddenly business = class or lack thereof? Really now?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

This.  And I do think he's the best Jet of my lifetime btw.  And I'm 100% fine w him holding out to get paid. But as you wrote, he can't treat it as a business when convenient for him and then ask for "class" on the Jets' part now that his skills have diminished and he loafed. I would put him in the ROH though. He deserves it. 

11 minutes ago, The Troll said:

He's the greatest Jet of my lifetime. And in the lifetime of any Jet fan that's younger than 40.

He's full of sh*t here with the "class" comment, but the hatred by the fan base is a bit much. Yes, he is a HOF player: the best corner since Deion Sanders. And he spent all but two years of his career as a Jet.

"Not a true Jet". Get outta here with that bullsh*t. What's a true Jet? Someone that'll work for peanuts? Is Brees a fake Saint? That's some stupid sh*t. I love you forever, Revis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's not a true Jet.  Yes, he played for the Jets, was a great player on some good Jet teams but he's not "A Jet"  

Forget about the reason, the simply answer as to why he's not - he played for two other teams in his PRIME and won a Super Bowl with the F-in Cheaters - He was a mercenary - not a Jet.   That, in my eyes, in enough.  This wasn't Namath going to the Rams in his twilight years.

Add to that the classlessness he's shown these past two years - and he's simply not a person I think should be treated any differently than any other free agent/hired gun the Jets have picked up through the years.

I would prefer he not go into the Hall wearing a Jet hat (although I think that's likely) I REALLY  don't want him in the ring-of-honor (I would be very upset with that)

He's not a true Jet.  Yes, he played for the Jets, was a great player on some good Jet teams but he's not "A Jet"  

Forget about the reason, the simply answer as to why he's not - he played for two other teams in his PRIME and won a Super Bowl with the F-in Cheaters - He was a mercenary - not a Jet.   That, in my eyes, in enough.  This wasn't Namath going to the Rams in his twilight years.

Add to that the classlessness he's shown these past two years - and he's simply not a person I think should be treated any differently than any other free agent/hired gun the Jets have picked up through the years.

I would prefer he not go into the Hall wearing a Jet hat (although I think that's likely) I REALLY  don't want him in the ring-of-honor (I would be very upset with that)

Curtis Martin had some of his best seasons with the Cheaters. He also played in a Super Bowl there. Yeah, he started there and came here. It was still his "prime". Fake Jet Curtis Martin.

Pennington retired a Dolphin. Vinny spent a year in New England. So did Shaun Ellis. Fake ass Jets.

Revis did not leave the Jets as a free agent. He was traded.

PS: no worries. They don't wear hats in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. That's baseball. However, if they did, the guy that spent 8 of his 10 NFL years busting his ass for YOUR TEAM, the one he not once willingly left, would indeed wear a Jets cap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

His years w/ the Bucs were nondescript.  He played 1 year for the Pats (though he won a SB).  I don't see how he could possibly go in without a Jet hat on (though tbh, I didn't even know the NFL HOF makes the player represent a team).

7 hours ago, Maxman said:

Call me crazy but I think Revis will be back next year. On a reworked contract.

I'd be okay with that with some position changes... Will he and the team be ok switching him to safety or maybe moving him off the #1 receivers? 

I feel like we'd hear him say something like "I'm an all time Jet and should be treated like one. I'm not a safety. I can play my position at a high level."

I can just see that causing some strife. 

7 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I dont think he makes the hall.  Not enough years of great play.

I wouldnt even put him in the ring of honor.  Hes unlikeable and not a true jet.

7 time Pro Bowler and 4 time All Pro not enough years?? The Compiler had 5 Pro bowls and just 1 All Pro in a year when he needed 2 overtime games to win the rushing title by 1 yard thanks to Priest Holmes being hurt and Shaun Alexander being sat because if he won the rushing title it would have triggered a huge bonus..:blink: I get the hate but he was a great player for more then a year or 2..

He made 130 million and is known for the holdouts as well as his play on the field, the sad thing is the holdouts did not earn him that much more, maybe 5-6 million? 16 instead of 14 for a couple of years until the pat* evened it out at 12,  not sure that changes his lifestyle or that of his children

how hard was 10 years 120 million after his rookie contract? I bet there are many posts here saying just that - that would have made him an all time Jet, and generated millions more, uncle Sean was not the big picture mentor Revis needed - seems like he gets that now

Kind of funny Revis talking about it being "class" to pay him his last 16 M for ole times sake, because he's been a great Jet.

Revis has been a mercenary his whole career, don't blame him for that, but he wasn't worried about "class"  when he was holding out while under contract, and moving around to the highest bidder.

Take the money and go quietly Revis.

14 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Revis has actually gotten better as the season has closed out here according to PFF. Not that he's playing great, but his game has improved. He may be adjusting now for his diminished skills. He's still not worth his price tag though.

His Mevis attitude is still in it's prime. He still isn't willing to tackle..He still plays off giving a 10 yard cushion..Locker room needs to be cleaned out and he should be among the many shown the door. 

While I have little doubt I'm repeating the thoughts of many on a thread that has clearly quickly taken off, Revis is now and always has been a complete douchebag.  Revis is the one who from the very first day has made his entire career about absolutely nothing but money.  Yet anytime things don't go his way, he tries to play off as some poor innocent victim and acts as if though he is owed something, and starts laughably throwing around words like "class".

The moment he decided to handle business the way he has, he immediately made himself the very last person who has any room to talk about the emotional side of it all.  He dismissed it as a factor when he pulled his crap, so he doesn't get to point to it as having any sort of significance now.  He's just upset that he knows what he's gotten away with for this past year, and it's never ever happening again for the rest of his life.  That's on him and how he chose to handle his career, so he has no one else to blame.  If you had some random douche you worked with who constantly threatened to quit if he didn't get a big raise, and then near the end of his career started mailing it in, would anyone feel the slightest bit bad if he was first on the list when the company needed to do layoffs?  Of course not.

And for as much as Revis loves to pat himself on the back, for his entire career and the tens of millions (if not more) that the Jets have given him, he was only really a true difference maker for the Jets for about two years (really a year and a half considering the out-of-shape fat ass he showed up as in the first half of 2010).

If Revis really wants to retire a Jet, he can retire on Monday.

5 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

While I have little doubt I'm repeating the thoughts of many on a thread that has clearly quickly taken off, Revis is now and always has been a complete douchebag.  Revis is the one who from the very first day has made his entire career about absolutely nothing but money.  Yet anytime things don't go his way, he tries to play off as some poor innocent victim and acts as if though he is owed something, and starts laughably throwing around words like "class".

The moment he decided to handle business the way he has, he immediately made himself the very last person who has any room to talk about the emotional side of it all.  He dismissed it as a factor when he pulled his crap, so he doesn't get to point to it as having any sort of significance now.  He's just upset that he knows what he's gotten away with for this past year, and it's never ever happening again for the rest of his life.  That's on him and how he chose to handle his career, so he has no one else to blame.  If you had some random douche you worked with who constantly threatened to quit if he didn't get a big raise, and then near the end of his career started mailing it in, would anyone feel the slightest bit bad if he was first on the list when the company needed to do layoffs?  Of course not.

And for as much as Revis loves to pat himself on the back, for his entire career and the tens of millions (if not more) that the Jets have given him, he was only really a true difference maker for the Jets for about two years (really a year and a half considering the out-of-shape fat ass he showed up as in the first half of 2010).

If Revis really wants to retire a Jet, he can retire on Monday.

The last word that comes to mind when I think of Revis is class, unless you remove the c and l.  He's disrespected the Jets and their fans for years but now he's demanding to be treated like the king of the Jets? 

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

The last word that comes to mind when I think of Revis is class, unless you remove the c and l.  He's disrespected the Jets and their fans for years but now he's demanding to be treated like the king of the Jets? 

The Jets should give him the same treatment that the Giants gave Tiki Barber.

29 minutes ago, C Mart said:

His Mevis attitude is still in it's prime. He still isn't willing to tackle..He still plays off giving a 10 yard cushion..Locker room needs to be cleaned out and he should be among the many shown the door. 

On the money (pun intended)

Rodney Harrison: Younger players are 'making fun' of Darrelle Revis' decline

The New York Jets host the LA Rams in NFL Week 10
Will Darrelle Revis be back with the Jets next season? (John Munson | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com)

One game remains in this miserable season of decline for Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis, who might not be back with the organization next season.

How bad has 2016 been for Revis? Well, he has zero interceptions, after having five last year (in his first season back with the Jets). 

It has also been this bad:

"This has been a very embarrassing year for Darrelle, very embarrassing," Rodney Harrison, a former NFL safety and current NBC Sports analyst, told ESPN.com. "These young guys, they're making fun and they think Darrelle Revis is such a bum where they can go out and beat him. Oh, man, come on, dude. That's going to be his motivation.

"I have all the respect in the world for Darrelle. I think he's one of the greatest cornerbacks to play. But the problem is this: When you relax as a football player and people see that on tape, they're going to take advantage of it because you've been so great for so long.

"They're laughing at you. They want to make a name off you. That's what you see. You see these wide receivers coming out more motivated and taking him deep."

Revis, who turns 32 in July, is due to count $15.3 million against the Jets' salary cap next season. But he would count just $6 million if they cut him -- and just $5 million if he signs for the minimum elsewhere after being cut. 

Harrison also questioned Revis' motivation to ESPN.com. After Revis won a Super Bowl with the Cheaters in the 2014 season, the Jets gave him a contract that included $39 million fully guaranteed upon signing. 

"He had so much success with the Cheaters, and the motivation isn't there," Harrison said. "It's like he won a Super Bowl ring, made a lot of money and I don't know if I see that same Darrelle Revis that came in when he was a rookie. I don't see that same hunger from Darrelle." 

Revis is the most hypocritical of all hypocrites. His whole career he has lectured fans, media, etc that the NFL is a business, where loyalty, emotion, and sense of team have no place. He never dreamed of giving the Jets a home town discount. He held out, forced a trade, and then helped the mortal enemy win a world championship. 

Now he talks about wanting to retire a Jet and the team doing the "classy" thing by him, all the while cashing an exorbitant paycheck that is contributing to this team sucking so bad. 

Good Lord, I'm with the previous poster who said we can't dump these idiots fast enough. The Jets will be so much better when guys like Revis are off the roster. I honestly wouldn't have him back forthe league minimum. 

52 minutes ago, C Mart said:

I assume you mean the current Revis.  the old Revis, 2009 etc...was a fantastic player all phases.  He could tackle anyone in the open field.   The current Revis is sad to watch.   

Im reminded of the joke about a fan who named his dog Revis.  You go to pet it and it backs up 10 yards. 

9 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Revis sucks.  Good riddence.  He had a few great years but hes a corner.  Who cares.  

lol pretty true.  Even when having one of the greatest seasons an NFL CB has ever had, we went 9-7. 

Franchise QB >>>> All-time great corner.  One of those deserves QB money.  The other does not. 

Archived