Who catches more career passes as a Jet

Sarge4Tide

Most receptions?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. The player that will end their Jet career with the most receptions is.......

• Robbie Anderson
    • Jalin Marshall
    • Charone Peake
    • Devin Smith

The good thing about having such a pole choice is that if even one of peake, anderson, marshall turn into a starter it will be massive success.

I voted peake, I think he quietly did well, not the splash that anderson has but he looked pretty good to me,

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The good thing about having such a pole choice is that if even one of peake, anderson, marshall turn into a starter it will be massive success.

I voted peake, I think he quietly did well, not the splash that anderson has but he looked pretty good to me,

It was hard for me to decide between Anderson and Peake. Anderson obviously has the speed but can he pick up other routes and also can his extremely thin frame survive in the NFL long-term? I think Peake could end up being a better overall WR as he has some speed as well but also the frame to break tackles and pick up YAC. Should be interesting to see how they play out. 

I was a big fan of Marshall in camp but a few things will limit him, he's picked up a few injuries this season (will that be a trend?), he doesn't have the length of the other two (a number of CB's reached around/over him this year to knock down passes) and he hasn't been as sure handed in live action games as he was in practice. 

2 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

It was hard for me to decide between Anderson and Peake. Anderson obviously has the speed but can he pick up other routes and also can his extremely thin frame survive in the NFL long-term? I think Peake could end up being a better overall WR as he has some speed as well but also the frame to break tackles and pick up YAC. Should be interesting to see how they play out. 

I was a big fan of Marshall in camp but a few things will limit him, he's picked up a few injuries this season (will that be a trend?), he doesn't have the length of the other two (a number of CB's reached around/over him this year to knock down passes) and he hasn't been as sure handed in live action games as he was in practice. 

i picked peake for the same reasoning.  anderson just looks too small to take too many hits going over the middle.

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

If Big Mac werent the GM, he wouldnt make the team next year. 

B******T. It depends on ow he does in camp and pre-season. Regardless of the GM. If Smith is healthy and does well in camp/pre-season, he will make the team. And he will get a shot. So it has nothing to do with Macc being the GM and having drafted Smith. It depends on what Smith can do on the field and if he can stay healthy. Stop hating. 

Just now, PepPep said:

B******T. It depends on ow he does in camp and pre-season. Regardless of the GM. If Smith is healthy and does well in camp/pre-season, he will make the team. And he will get a shot. So it has nothing to do with Macc being the GM and having drafted Smith. It depends on what Smith can do on the field and if he can stay healthy. Stop hating. 

He might not make the team with Big Mac too, fwiw.

I voted Anderson. So far he has shown the best ability to get open, which is why he seems to get targeted so much and why he has developed good chemistry with, well, whoever the QB is when he is out there. Not to mention he has the speed to take the top off the D. him being thin does not make a massive impact IMO unless he start getting injured because of that. Yes, big, strong WRs do well in the NFL. But Anderson is fast, a solid route runner and has pretty good hands. No reason to think b/c he is skinny he can't be a good WR- IMO. WR's are protected by the league almost as much as QBs are. So its not like CBs can just maul him on every play.   

Peake is a close second. 

32 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

There's a nonzero possibility Devin Smith never appears in another NFL game.

There's a nonzero possibility any player in the NFL will never appear in another NFL game. LOL. :D 

One pre-season injury can end your career. 

I voted Anderson.  I have felt pretty strongly that he looked the best of the rookies since early in camp.  I think he will put on weight and improve.  Who knows how much, but you can't coach speed.  His catch rate was pretty poor, but considering the QB situation and how many times they just heaved deep balls at him it wasn't that bad and Peake was only nominally higher.  Peake seems okay to me, but he didn't really impress me much.  I actually think Marshall has the higher ceiling, but a much lower floor.  Marshall really needs to stop putting the ball on the ground.  

I think the odds of Smith seeing more NFL playing time are pretty good, but that has more to do with my opinion of him as a gunner than as a WR.

1 minute ago, DMan77 said:

Eh... I'll take the longshot bet at say Smith... He probably won't because he can't stay on the damn field... But if he could I think he'd be a couple ticks above the other options we have here.

He was horrendous when he did play -- but that was so long ago few can stretch their memories that far back.  The guy is a bum.

21 minutes ago, Il Mostro said:

He was horrendous when he did play -- but that was so long ago few can stretch their memories that far back.  The guy is a bum.

I know, I know, but I'm trying to be optimistic at this point in the year.  So that side of me wants to say he'll get it altogether once he's healthy and has a full offseason and spring training under his belt... I think he really does have some natural ability but he just doesn't seem to care... But maybe he'll have a coming to Jesus moment and turn it on...  I mean... it -could- happen... 

I wonder how much weight Anderson could realistically put on. It seems like he has a frame that he could put 20 more pounds on, but I really have no idea how to measure that kind of thing... And if he did would he be able to do the things that have made him standpoint to this point? I guess it's about finding the right balance with him.

Depends on the coach we hire for OC:

Ground and pound?  I say Peake, because he has a bigger body, better for blocking as well, and he'll have his chance.  

Spread?  Anderson because he fits the one on one nightmare scenario better with his speed.  

Up-tempo?  Marshall because teams will be forced to put LBs and safeties on slot WRs because they lack an opportunity to substitute (big reason why Kerley had a decent year).   

Devin Smith is probably fighting for a roster spot next year, although he does have value on special teams.  

Archived