What is the Jets draft philosophy?

#27TheDominator

I don't think they have a philosophy, and certainly not one vis-a-vis advanced stats. The Hackenberg pick is the tell here. Starts + completion percentage is as simple and reliable as this stuff gets, and these idiots tossed it overboard, and at the cost of a premium pick to boot. We may stumble into some SPARQ guys from time to time, but I find it impossible to believe that this FO is guided by anything more sophisticated than a stack of scouting notebooks.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the Jets drafting strategy goes by round.

First Round: The Jets seem to have had a radically strict BAP strategy for the past 10 drafts, which is probably why we have only drafted DBs and DL in the first.

Second Round: Pick someone sh*tty. Other teams and sites will tell you who is good for this round, listen to none of them. We want sh*tty players in the 2nd. And the sh*ttier the better.

Third round: Here you want high upside guys that are slow. The slower the better.

Fourth Round: This used to be the luckiest round for the Jets. They had a several years long streak of finding quality starters in the 4th. This is why the couple regimes before Mac abandoned drafting in the 4th. Since then, it appears Mac's strategy for picking in the 4th is picking ping pong balls out of a boiling vat of water after vigorously masturbating for 25-27 minutes.

Fifth thru Seventh: Who the **** knows. We suck.

10 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I think the Jets drafting strategy goes by round.

First Round: The Jets seem to have had a radically strict BAP strategy for the past 10 drafts, which is probably why we have only drafted DBs and DL in the first.

Second Round: Pick someone sh*tty. Other teams and sites will tell you who is good for this round, listen to none of them. We want sh*tty players in the 2nd. And the sh*ttier the better.

Third round: Here you want high upside guys that are slow. The slower the better.

Fourth Round: This used to be the luckiest round for the Jets. They had a several years long streak of finding quality starters in the 4th. This is why the couple regimes before Mac abandoned drafting in the 4th. Since then, it appears Mac's strategy for picking in the 4th is picking ping pong balls out of a boiling vat of water after vigorously masturbating for 25-27 minutes.

Fifth thru Seventh: Who the **** knows. We suck.

Now it makes sense to me how you have 28,000+  posts. You really put a lot of thought into this stuff, don't you?

37 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

I'm sorry but you have to give Lee more than 1 year.  LB isnt the easiest position to play especially with how complex offenses are scheming to trick you.

I thought Lee had a good year.  As a rookie he was the 2nd leading tackler while playing in only 13 games and starting 9.  Wasn't good in coverage throughout the year but he wasn't good in coverage in college so no surprise.  Still needs work on technique.  He did pretty well considering that he was drafted as Erin Henderson's backup and eventually took over the starting role.

8 minutes ago, nyjbuddy said:

I thought Lee had a good year.  As a rookie he was the 2nd leading tackler while playing in only 13 games and starting 9.  Wasn't good in coverage throughout the year but he wasn't good in coverage in college so no surprise.  Still needs work on technique.  He did pretty well considering that he was drafted as Erin Henderson's backup and eventually took over the starting role.

Well then the jets were idiots for drafting him right?  He is mentioned as a nickel backer and he can't cover even when almost  the whole justification for drafting a small speed guy was to be able to cover.  If you are looking for a big tackle numbers guy that can't rush the passer, can't cover and does not create turnovers you draft a Harris type.

8 minutes ago, Larz said:

what is a SPARQ ?

Some kind of weird Nike marketing gimmick.  Here is the wiki  There are tons of articles from the Seahawks bloggers (fieldgulls) guessing draft picks based on its use .  You can see the rating system used for the NFL at 3 sigma athlete.  Seattle Seahawks Head Coach Pete Carroll’s involvement in the metric’s development. Seattle General Manager John Schneider also often referred to certain players as “good testers,” as with Christine Michael and Luke Willson in interviews conducted after the 2013 draft. 

Basically, they try to relate combine events to success rates.  It stands for Speed, Power, Agility, Reaction and Quickness.  The list of inputs for his NFL version of SPARQ, pSPARQ, are as follows: weight, forty-yard dash, ten-yard split, short shuttle, 3-cone drill, bench press, vertical jump, and broad jump.

6 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Some kind of weird Nike marketing gimmick.  Here is the wiki  There are tons of articles from the Seahawks bloggers (fieldgulls) guessing draft picks based on its use .  You can see the rating system used for the NFL at 3 sigma athlete.  Seattle Seahawks Head Coach Pete Carroll’s involvement in the metric’s development. Seattle General Manager John Schneider also often referred to certain players as “good testers,” as with Christine Michael and Luke Willson in interviews conducted after the 2013 draft. 

thanks.  funny how I randomly clicked on WR SPARQ and the first thing I see is them trying to explain how doug baldwins low bench press reps shouldn't really lower his score, lol

I think most teams take "BPA", not like McCagnan coined this idea on his flight from Houston to NY.  Other teams aren't picking guys ranked lower on their board saying "Yeah, he wasn't rated quite as highly, but we liked his singing skills and he'll provide entertainment at practice!"

The real question is. what is the Jets' scouting strategy, and rating system?  The necessity issue should be factored into their board instead of just scouting random players, giving them grades, and calling it a day.  

So something like system fit has to factor in, or complimentary skills.  Good example, if you are running a spread option system, a weak armed non mobile QB doesn't fit.  If you are running a West Coast offense, a spread QB with timing issues doesn't fit.  There has to be a curve based on fit, sort of like AP in high school, where this guy is an A- based on talent, but based on our system he gets to an A.  So how do they scout?  Is it just abilities?  Or is it abilities relating to our system and needs?  

I don't get the hate on Lee to be honest, because without the benefit of hindsight, what can we pick?  I think the majority of the board agrees that our defense needs speed.  But after we pick speed, the majority of the board feels like we need size as well?  Well guys with the size and speed combination (plus production) go top 5.  We aren't getting those guys at pick 20.  I thought Lee looked lost at times, especially when he wasn't covering anyone in particular nor rushing the passer.  He looked the worst to me when he was in zone coverage, because he seemed to fixated on the QB, and was easily moved by their eyes.  In coverage, he wasn't horrible, he seemed to be in good position multiple times but suffered from Kyle Wilson-itis with an inability to turn around and locate the ball.  There were many throws that went right by his ear as he was turned around in coverage.  If he can learn to read receivers like most non-Wilson defenders, and turn around to locate the ball, I think he will be better.  

Was he the perfect pick? No.  But I also can't complain about the logic of the pick because we are slow as molasses in our LB crew, and at some point have to infuse speed.  

18 minutes ago, win4ever said:

I don't get the hate on Lee to be honest, because without the benefit of hindsight, what can we pick?

I think the obvious answer is Lynch.  If they wanted to go QB/tiny LB it would have been pretty easy to pick Lynch and Deion Jones who was a day 1 starter for the Falcons or Cravens.  

It seems they might have been interested in Nick Martin the center from Notre Dame.  Some draftniks had floated the idea of drafting a center and playing them at G until Mangold retired and the Texans added their 6th (ironically the pick they got for Fitzpatrick) to leap the Jets and pick Martin in the 2nd.  You have to figure that if anyone knew or could guess Maccagnan's plans it would be the Texans and if they weren't afraid the Jets or Falcons would take the guy there was no reason to trade.  Kelly was already gone.  

4 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

How was WR a need?  When they picked Smtih they had Marshall, Decker and Kerley, plus Shaq Evans and Enunwa.  I just don't see it.  The team replaced Percy Harvin with Marshall.

Agreed.  When looking at who was at the pick the Jets traded for Marshall, it was kind of aggravating that Ajayi and Diggs were there.  When I looked at who was there in the pick we traded down for DeVier Posey it was much less aggravating.  Eli Harold, Duke Johnson, Conley and Tevin Coleman are the only guys I remembered having much interest in.  That is strange because that pick was two rounds before all the guys that bothered me regarding Marshall. 

WR was a need at the time

Q was or had domestic issue problem and suspension..not to mention he hadn't caught a pass yet and ditto for Evans who didn't make the team.

Also at the time it was thought geno the slinger Smith would be QB who needed a deep threat where marshal Decker and pusion kerley not known for....maybe marshal but he too had yet to catch a pass for jets.

And the prior year WR was one of the weakest unit on team

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Basically, they try to relate combine events to success rates.  It stands for Speed, Power, Agility, Reaction and Quickness.  The list of inputs for his NFL version of SPARQ, pSPARQ, are as follows: weight, forty-yard dash, ten-yard split, short shuttle, 3-cone drill, bench press, vertical jump, and broad jump.

59 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I think the obvious answer is Lynch.  If they wanted to go QB/tiny LB it would have been pretty easy to pick Lynch and Deion Jones who was a day 1 starter for the Falcons or Cravens.  

It seems they might have been interested in Nick Martin the center from Notre Dame.  Some draftniks had floated the idea of drafting a center and playing them at G until Mangold retired and the Texans added their 6th (ironically the pick they got for Fitzpatrick) to leap the Jets and pick Martin in the 2nd.  You have to figure that if anyone knew or could guess Maccagnan's plans it would be the Texans and if they weren't afraid the Jets or Falcons would take the guy there was no reason to trade.  Kelly was already gone.  

Bingo!  I think you are spot on! If kelly was there in first, he would have been the pick. Martin was the fallback plan.

4 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

WR was a need at the time

Q was or had domestic issue problem and suspension..not to mention he hadn't caught a pass yet and ditto for Evans who didn't make the team.

Also at the time it was thought geno the slinger Smith would be QB who needed a deep threat where marshal Decker and pusion kerley not known for....maybe marshal but he too had yet to catch a pass for jets.

And the prior year WR was one of the weakest unit on team

Strongly disagree.  

They had their leading WRs from the year prior and added, at a cost of $9M and a 5th rounder, Marshall.  That is a bunch of money tied up in WR.  $8M for Decker, around $4M for Kerley.  I agree that they probably couldn't rely on Amaro, Enunwa or Evans, but they should have had a pretty good idea Enunwa was coming around.  Gailey sure propped him up from day 1.  I agree an upgrade at WR would have been nice, but the idea that it was a need on that team is laughable.  QB? OLB? RT? G? TE? ILB? Those were positions of need.  Compare Decker and Marshall with Smith/Fitzpatrick, Pace/Coples, Giacomini, Colon/Winters, Amaro/Kellen Davis, impending FA Demario Davis. He picked Smith because he liked the player, not to fill a need.

6 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Strongly disagree.  

They had their leading WRs from the year prior and added, at a cost of $9M and a 5th rounder, Marshall.  That is a bunch of money tied up in WR.  $8M for Decker, around $4M for Kerley.  I agree that they probably couldn't rely on Amaro, Enunwa or Evans, but they should have had a pretty good idea Enunwa was coming around.  Gailey sure propped him up from day 1.  I agree an upgrade at WR would have been nice, but the idea that it was a need on that team is laughable.  QB? OLB? RT? G? TE? ILB? Those were positions of need.  Compare Decker and Marshall with Smith/Fitzpatrick, Pace/Coples, Giacomini, Colon/Winters, Amaro/Kellen Davis, impending FA Demario Davis. He picked Smith because he liked the player, not to fill a need.

I don't know. I think he filled a perceived need of a "type" of WR the team theoretically lacked. He seems to have been a specific/niche need pick, not unlike Lee. Enunwa seemed to be used as a TE as much as a WR. Certainly a different receiver role than Smith would seem to fit anyway. 

3 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Strongly disagree.  

And I beg to differ...even after drafting Smith there was a need for s number 3 WR and the jets were playing musical chairs all season long that year

Not too mention there was no youth at position as you pointed out with all salary tied up there no future.   There is no way they were counting on those 2 pups Q and Evans ...Q was on PS. It made sense to draft a good WR 

I have argued that Macc drafted on need from rounds 2 on but I do not believe he abandons BPA I just think it is combination of both and as draft plays out compared to their board they may not alwAys pick the BESt in that round but the difference is probably marginal at best.

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Paxton Lynch would have been a horrible pick, even in retrospect.  The guy looked horrible this year, I would't even trade Lee for him at this point. 

Jones was ranked well behind Lee by pretty much everyone, in fact I'm not sure I can find a website that ranked him higher.  Jones turned out to be good, but that's hindsight though.  If they deemed Lynch to be terrible (which he is so far) then they would get more value with Lee as the pick than Jones in the second round.  

The pick I disagree with was Hackenberg in the second, because by their own admission he wasn't going to be ready.  I think Lee plus a decent second round pick would be better than Lynch/Jones.  

3 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I don't know. I think he filled a perceived need of a "type" of WR the team theoretically lacked. He seems to have been a specific/niche need pick, not unlike Lee. Enunwa seemed to be used as a TE as much as a WR. Certainly a different receiver role than Smith would seem to fit anyway. 

1 minute ago, SickJetFan said:

And I beg to differ...even after drafting Smith there was a need for s number 3 WR and the jets were playing musical chairs all season long that year

Not too mention there was no youth at position as you pointed out with all salary tied up there no future.   There is no way they were counting on those 2 pups Q and Evans ...Q was on PS. It made sense to draft a good WR 

I have argued that Macc drafted on need from rounds 2 on but I do not believe he abandons BPA I just think it is combination of both and as draft plays out compared to their board they may not alwAys pick the BESt in that round but the difference is probably marginal at best.

I still disagree, but fine.  Fair enough.  I think #3 WR is still not as big a deal as other positions and I think that Kerley was a significantly better option than Colon, Amaro, Giacomini, etc.  Sperm's point regarding the type also has merit, but looking for a guy to get deep on a team that has 2 big bodies is not a premium position in my eyes.  That is a job for Robbie Anderson or Jonathan Carter.  Burning a 2nd on a guy just to get deep is not the best allocation of resources IMO.  I think they thought he'd be a good WR and didn't pick him based on need.

22 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Strongly disagree.  

Btw I think Macc philosophy is in scouting in general...building a team he trusts, do all your homework, and hedging his bets by taking young kids eager to learn.  I think he was let down by coaching tho

Maybe thAT is why we are seeing all these new teachers come aboard,

1 minute ago, win4ever said:

Paxton Lynch would have been a horrible pick, even in retrospect.  The guy looked horrible this year, I would't even trade Lee for him at this point. 

Jones was ranked well behind Lee by pretty much everyone, in fact I'm not sure I can find a website that ranked him higher.  Jones turned out to be good, but that's hindsight though.  If they deemed Lynch to be terrible (which he is so far) then they would get more value with Lee as the pick than Jones in the second round.  

The pick I disagree with was Hackenberg in the second, because by their own admission he wasn't going to be ready.  I think Lee plus a decent second round pick would be better than Lynch/Jones.  

Sure.  I am not saying Lynch was a good pick, just that Hackenberg seems so bad at this point that even Lynch plus a decent 2nd would seem a value.  

Agree completely on Hackenberg. He basically took a roster spot when he couldn't even dress.  Red shirt! Red shirt! Rah! Rah! Rah!  The problem with that is they only have the guy for 4 years.  Year 1 he was less than zero.  Year 2 he is unlikely to start, then even if he does, when do they know he is good?  Odds are that he steps up to backup this year and competes to start in 2018.  By the time they find out if he can play they will have to pay him serious money.  What is the point?  Better off throwing money at Cousins or Glennon than that and I don't much like that option either.

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Sure.  I am not saying Lynch was a good pick, just that Hackenberg seems so bad at this point that even Lynch plus a decent 2nd would seem a value.  

Agree completely on Hackenberg. He basically took a roster spot when he couldn't even dress.  Red shirt! Red shirt! Rah! Rah! Rah!  The problem with that is they only have the guy for 4 years.  Year 1 he was less than zero.  Year 2 he is unlikely to start, then even if he does, when do they know he is good?  Odds are that he steps up to backup this year and competes to start in 2018.  By the time they find out if he can play they will have to pay him serious money.  What is the point?  Better off throwing money at Cousins or Glennon than that and I don't much like that option either.

Wasnt  Cousins the same and now we want to buy him after he went through those 4 horrible years with skins

5 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I still disagree, but fine.  Fair enough.  I think #3 WR is still not as big a deal as other positions and I think that Kerley was a significantly better option than Colon, Amaro, Giacomini, etc.  Sperm's point regarding the type also has merit, but looking for a guy to get deep on a team that has 2 big bodies is not a premium position in my eyes.  That is a job for Robbie Anderson or Jonathan Carter.  Burning a 2nd on a guy just to get deep is not the best allocation of resources IMO.  I think they thought he'd be a good WR and didn't pick him based on need.

We don't know for sure, but I think team's with only possession WRs - and the Jets had 3-4 such WRs - view a burner type as necessary just like he might view a #3/NB corner as worthy of starting #2 CB money. Depends if they view that role as an every-down type.

4 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

We don't know for sure, but I think team's with only possession WRs - and the Jets had 3-4 such WRs - view a burner type as necessary just like he might view a #3/NB corner as worthy of starting #2 CB money. Depends if they view that role as an every-down type.

I think this is pretty accurate. Remember when he took the job they were already negative on Kerley and likely assumed either Decker or Marshall had a 1 year shelf life and were going to fill a different role. Even though WRs are more developed now than in the past its still usually year 2 before they really begin to make an impact so really the way to play a position of need there is to grab it a year early so the transition is smoother. I think they identified Smith as their version of DeSean Jackson or someone like that.  

Mac has  added some good talent to this team, Bowles doesn't know how to manage this team and put players in situations that will be advantageous to them and to the team. Hard to grade Macs draft skills when it seems his coach is in over his head.  

8 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

I think they had Lynch/Hackenberg rated similarly and from what I remember it was floated that they had a 3rd round grade on him.  I think the Houston trade really spooked them because they thought Hackenberg was gone (with Lynch already gone) to Houston, and didn't want to take a chance on losing their QB.  Now this is pure speculation on my part, but from what I remember, the Texans were high on Bridgewater in 2014, but they passed on him with the first pick for Clowney.  When he dropped in the draft, they waited, and the Vikings jumped a spot ahead of them (into the first) and picked him off.  I'm guessing McCagnan was in the War Room then, and they felt completely sniped because they decided to wait.  I'm not sure Carr was as much of a option for them, because of his brother and how that went down with the Texans.  When they waited again, the Patriots surprisingly took Garrapolo near the end of the second as well.  I'm thinking McCagnan was reminded of that when the Texans jumped ahead of him, and he didn't want to risk losing Hackenberg.  I think their regular target was Mackensie Alexander because he fits the scheme well being a man to man cover, good speed (although he struggled this year as well).  Again, just pure speculation on my part.   

Hackenberg is really interesting because he's so unique.  He has all the tools you want, he has the mental side and the physical side.  Someone with his tools should go in the first round, but he has horrible mechanics and it's unsure if it can be fixed.  I'm really curious to see how he looks in training camp this year, because if his mechanics are better, I think he should really impress people.  I do think he was a 3rd round pick at best, that they panicked because they fell in love with the tools and decided it wasn't worth the risk.  I think when they looked at it, Hackenberg plus someone like Jenkins/Fuller (who I really liked)/Josh Perry was worth more than Alexander and Brisset/Kessler/Cook.  I think they swung for the QB upside as much as anything.  I hate the pick for the second round, but I am excited to see how he does.  Either he is one of the biggest reasons why McCagnan gets a second contract, or he's one of biggest reasons why he's the college director of scouting for the Jaguars in the future.  

16 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

It is obvious that since Tannenbaum left the team has been trying to get faster.  I assume that both Idzik and Maccagnan stressed that in their interviews. 

I am not sure if the Jets have any rules like the Seahawks supposedly do, where they only pick guys with certain wingspans, hand sizes or SPARQ numbers for certain positions, but the Jets do seem to stress the SPARQ number.  Especially if you look at their UDFA pickups.  That may simply be that they are looking for athletic guys like all teams.  I am not sure how familiar you guys are, but SPARQ is just a measure of athleticism.  It also may be why they have been picking up so many FAs from the Seahawks practice squad.   

Darron Lee was, by far the best LB in those numbers. Jordan Jenkins was 14th.  Deon Simon was pretty high as a DT.  It seems like every UDFA they have through has some pretty high numbers.  Darryl Roberts was the #2 CB in 2015. The TEs they brought in, Bowman and Vander Laan were both top 10.  The safety everyone likes, Middleton was 8th.  Some of the other guys the Jets have brought in simply due to athleticism - the Bermudan sprinter Tre Houston they tried out at WR and Lawrence Okoye the track and field guy they had on the practice squad who was a top 10 overall freak at the 2013 combine.  Lemonier was also a top athlete at the combine.

Some of this is certainly just trying to find the best athletes, but does anybody know or have any articles regarding specific drafting philosophies?  For instance, the Seahawks generally draft high SPARQ guys, but for some reason will draft safeties with higher bench press to jump ratios.  They also generally only look at CBs with crazy long wingspans.  

Interestingly enough, Devin Smith is a guy that was reported as a top athlete that was only around 40th in the SPARQ figures.  Supposedly he had "field speed" rather than timed speed.  Ha.  Mauldin was also not a top tier guy, but some of the FAs they brought in like Randell Johnson were.  I think he was top 10 in 2014. 

Just interested in any info that people have on what the Jets actually look for and I think people should remember that replacing experience with speed can help, but also causes problems.  Lee and Jenkins will run people down before Calvin Pace, but they certainly give up the edge more often.  

we can draft speed burners and top athletes all we want but if your going to have that philosophy you had better have a good coaching staff to coach them up/turn them into NFL football players and I personally don't think we have that. Has this organization ever really been good at developing players ? Like say the Steelers ? Or that Pats for that matter ? Why is it those teams always have players ready to step in ? Why Can the Pats dump guys (pro Bowlers) and replace them without a hitch ?

I like the philosophy of drafting solid football players too many times as jets fans we hear the words "project player's" I for one am getting sick of that.

Coaching and QB's then the rest falls into place

Also when it comes to best available player that's only really relevant in round 1 and early on round 2 after that when you start hitting the middle rounds it goes away quick because there are so many players available its hard to judge exactly who is better than who or who you project to be better.

4 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

we can draft speed burners and top athletes all we want but if your going to have that philosophy you had better have a good coaching staff to coach them up/turn them into NFL football players and I personally don't think we have that. Has this organization ever really been good at developing players ? Like say the Steelers ? Or that Pats for that matter ? Why is it those teams always have players ready to step in ? Why Can the Pats dump guys (pro Bowlers) and replace them without a hitch ?

I like the philosophy of drafting solid football players too many times as jets fans we hear the words "project player's" I for one am getting sick of that.

Coaching and QB's then the rest falls into place

Also when it comes to best available player that's only really relevant in round 1 and early on round 2 after that when you start hitting the middle rounds it goes away quick because there are so many players available its hard to judge exactly who is better than who or who you project to be better.

I was purely discussing draft philosophy.  What the team is looking for in the draft.  Developing players is a whole 'nother issue.  The Pats are a unique situation, but looking at the Steelers, they have plenty of guys people might look at as busts initially that step in.   I loved Bud Dupree in the draft, but he didn't do much at first.  He has slowly started rolling.  Sure they have been riding Harrison and Timmons (a high 1st) a long time, but they also drafted Jarvis Jones, Dupree and Shazier in the first.  Imagine Jets fans looking at the team continuing to draft LB/EDGE guys all that time. 

I don't agree that best available goes away in the later rounds.  In fact, I think it is more important.  Rating players is harder?  That is their job.  I think fit may become a bit more important because these guys will not have as much polish, but you need to pick the guy that you think will make some impact, not just point at your board and say "Oh, we have a slot for a backup tackle, let's draft one!"

21 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

How was WR a need?  When they picked Smtih they had Marshall, Decker and Kerley, plus Shaq Evans and Enunwa.  I just don't see it.  The team replaced Percy Harvin with Marshall.

Agreed.  When looking at who was at the pick the Jets traded for Marshall, it was kind of aggravating that Ajayi and Diggs were there.  When I looked at who was there in the pick we traded down for DeVier Posey it was much less aggravating.  Eli Harold, Duke Johnson, Conley and Tevin Coleman are the only guys I remembered having much interest in.  That is strange because that pick was two rounds before all the guys that bothered me regarding Marshall. 

Kerley was in the dog house, Shaq Evans lol, and Enunwa was a relatively unknown.  The rest of those guy were all possession receivers.  They drafted Smith because we supposed to be the speed guy that they didnt have. 

I think it's easy to see that Mac outside of one no brainer pick, drafts solely on need to the point where he will reach and take non-premium positions in the 1st round or QB's in the 2nd that could have been hand in the 7th.

Archived