Who's willing to go on record about the QBs

Doggin94it

Who's willing to go on record about the QBs  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Who should the Jets pick at 6 if all are available

Here's my guarantee: One of the QBs selected in this year's draft will go on to be a stud.  The Jets will pass on him at 6.  And at this point next year, just about everyone on the forum will be bitching about how the Jets were stupid to do that.

So let's go on record.  Assuming the Jets will not be tanking the season for Darnold or Rosen (which, btw, is a mistake, but let's assume they make it), what do you want the Jets to do at 6 if all the QBs are on the board?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy to go on record my friend.

No QB with the #1 Pick.

Jets Starting QB in 2017 is Petty.

The #2 in Hackenberg till he unseats Petty via quality of play.

The #3 will be a mid-round QB in this coming draft.

No #1 pick QB.  No expensive FA signing QB.

Watson checks every box, and if he's there at 6, he should absolutely be the pick. Anyone clucking about his mechanics or arm talent or Dabo Swinney's system is a virgin who uses the word "tape" to describe Youtube highlights set to Disturbed songs. Kizer and (especially) Trubisky haven't started anywhere near enough games for me to feel good about them before 39, and neither will be available then. Sounds like Kizer's kind of a headcase anyway. I don't have a ton of interest in another 2nd-round project with hands like a leprechaun, but Mahomes has enough production and experience that I guess I wouldn't cry over it.

3 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Watson checks every box, and if he's there at 6, he should absolutely be the pick. Anyone clucking about his mechanics or arm talent or Dabo Swinney's system is a virgin who uses the word "tape" to describe Youtube highlights set to Disturbed songs. Kizer and (especially) Trubisky haven't started anywhere near enough games for me to feel good about them before 39, and neither will be available then. Sounds like Kizer's kind of a headcase anyway. I don't have a ton of interest in another 2nd-round project with hands like a leprechaun, but Mahomes has enough production and experience that I guess I wouldn't cry over it.

For the record, didn't you also feel this way about Lynch last year?

19 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

Here's my guarantee: One of the QBs selected in this year's draft will go on to be a stud.  The Jets will pass on him at 6.  And at this point next year, just about everyone on the forum will be bitching about how the Jets were stupid to do that.

So let's go on record.  Assuming the Jets will not be tanking the season for Darnold or Rosen (which, btw, is a mistake, but let's assume they make it), what do you want the Jets to do at 6 if all the QBs are on the board?

Draft Trubisky and throw him, Petty, Hack and a veteran out there . I prefer to sign a player like McCown as the veteran .   Mitchell Trubisky is going to be a star in the NFL .

So is Deshaun Watson by the way .

14 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Happy to go on record my friend.

No QB with the #1 Pick.

Jets Starting QB in 2017 is Petty.

The #2 in Hackenberg till he unseats Petty via quality of play.

The #3 will be a mid-round QB in this coming draft.

No #1 pick QB.  No expensive FA signing QB.

I hope they don't draft a QB at all. Cheap vet or UDFA at #3. Sink or swim with Mac's picks and see where they stand. 

i'm going neither because that presumes the 6 pick can be traded down.  the jets have used a fairly high draft pick on a qb in 3 of the last 4 drafts.  they should probably draft another qb this draft but at some point you gotta dance with the person you brought to the dance.  hack should be the qb to open things up assuming petty is still recovering.

49 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

accuracy and ball placement don't have you even a little leery? 

1 hour ago, slats said:

I hope they don't draft a QB at all. Cheap vet or UDFA at #3. Sink or swim with Mac's picks and see where they stand. 

I reject the "Cheap vet" option completely.

Because the so-called "cheap vet" seems to always prove too much temptation to a (bad) Head Coach trying to save his own ass.

Playing Hoyer for half the year serves us no purpose.

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I reject the "Cheap vet" option completely.

Because the so-called "cheap vet" seems to always prove too much temptation to a (bad) Head Coach trying to save his own ass.

Playing Hoyer for half the year serves us no purpose.

Like I said, I want them to sink or swim with Hack and Petty. The cheap vet would be an emergency #3 in that scenario. I understand what you're saying, but it shouldn't happen. 

More importantly, I don't want another midround QB. If they don't take a QB at #6 overall -effectively meaning that they've already given up on Hackenberg- then I don't want them wasting another mid-round pick on another longshot. Fill one of their 22 other needs. 

DeShaun Watson is a Rich Mans Tyrod Taylor. Yippee.

Mitch Trubisky is a Poor Mans Andy Dalton. 

Kizer would be a 6th Rounder is he played anywhere else.

Mahomes is another Air Raid Product.

All of their careers will happen in obscurity and in the shadows cast by the Great Light that is Sam Darnold.

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

OH IT'S LIKE THAT IS IT

I don't mean to be glib, or sandbag you or anything. I mean, I understand what the phrase means, and I understand what it means as applied to Watson (Waldman wrote a piece about this a while back). But I'm not going to sit here and pretend I can speak about it with any kind of credibility or authority.

Watson would be my choice I guess even though I'm a bit worried about the transition from the spread. He does check most of the boxes though which is all you can ask for at this point. Hell no to Kizer or Trubisky.

If Watson isnt there at 6 I'd probably go best pass rusher or OJ Howard who's pretty much guaranteed to be good.

4 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

If so, it won't be one of the four QBs in the above poll. That's my guarantee.

4 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Repped for the bold alone... real life lol.

We will not draft a QB this draft, if we do we will be cutting petty.  We will for sure get some jag vet.  I am just hoping he is cheap.  I highly fear getting Glennon due to price and term.

If I had to pick a qb to take it would be Watson followed by Trubisky. 

I am still totally bewildered by all the Mahommes love.  His arm looked no better than any of the others at the combine and he was not accurate.  He still looks like he is throwing a javelin on any long pass.

Kizer - has the physical tools, played in a pro style offense and has nice accuracy on deep throws.  I'm troubled by his long delivery and inaccurate throws to short and intermediate routes

Watson - probably the best of the Qb's but I would only take him if he fell to 38

Trubisky- very talented, played shotgun spread offense, I think he looks like Dalton to me

On the record, the only QB in this class I like is Watson but not anymore than I like the chance to draft a qb next year. So we start Petty until we start Hack. If they fail we get a shot at the qb next year, if either succeeds then thatd be pretty wild. Petty has a better chance to succeed than Hack.

Archived