Osweiler Traded to Browns

CrazyCarl40

4 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

That's great news for the Jets. The Browns got that pick to trade it IMO. #12 plus that #2 and maybe a 3 for Richardson and #6? Could happen if one of the QB's the Browns like are there.

The Browns are trading ugatz to draft any of the QB's in this draft in the first round.  Now if the Pats are seriously listening to offers for for Garoppolo... Otherwise, they will use them next year if they have a shot at Darnold.  But for Richardson?  You've got to be friggin' kidding.  They are rebuilding -- not self destructing.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

If Osweiler is a free agent then it's worth looking into. Not as a red shirt but as our starter. But I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up back in Denver. And maybe we get Simien. Not sure why the Browns wouldn't keep him since the are paying for him. 

He is getting cut, so he will be a free agent soon.

That said I think he is terrible. So I hope the Jets don't entertain Brock at any cost.

Just now, Il Mostro said:

The Browns are trading ugatz to draft any of the QB's in this draft in the first round.  Now if the Pats are seriously listening to offers for for Garoppolo... Otherwise, they will use them next year if they have a shot at Darnold.  But for Richardson?  You've got to be friggin' kidding.  They are rebuilding -- not self destructing.

You really don't know that. It really comes down to what they are gonna do. Trade for Richardson? Maybe, maybe not. They have the picks and cap space to do whatever they want. I could see them trading up for any player maybe not a QB but a WR to replace Pryor and pair with Britt? An RB to upgrade what they have? They are looking to take chances and no one can predict what they will do.

56 minutes ago, nyjbuddy said:

This tells us all we need to know about how crappy QB development is from peewee to the pros.

This is the NFL's first NBA-style trade.  Pretty cool.

20 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

You really don't know that. It really comes down to what they are gonna do. Trade for Richardson? Maybe, maybe not. They have the picks and cap space to do whatever they want. I could see them trading up for any player maybe not a QB but a WR to replace Pryor and pair with Britt? An RB to upgrade what they have? They are looking to take chances and no one can predict what they will do.

So, just keep pulling absurd trade scenarios out of your ass?  Yeah, right. GTFO.

1 hour ago, RoadFan said:

Bingo. Exactly what I have been saying for months. The Browns are way, way ahead of the Jets right now. 

They will be playing 8-8 ball in 2018. And playoff contenders in 2019.

Definitely is exciting for Browns fans. They get Garret this year to revamp their defense. Will have an opportunity to take Kizer, Mahomes, Trubisky and maybe Watson if he falls. If they don't like any qbs, they'll probably still be picking in the top 5 (probably top two) in the 2018 draft so they could land either Rosen or Darnold. Browns showing how you do a proper rebuild. Plus, with all that cap space they can lock up all their young talented players they'll be getting through the draft.

25 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Be grateful there's the Cleveland Browns, Jets fans. Be grateful. 

Why? The Browns are in better shape than the Jets are. They're a lot like the Raiders were a couple years ago. They have a ridiculous amount of cap space and picks and are set to draft Myles Garret who is considered a better prospect then Clowney was.

2 minutes ago, artemusclyde said:

Why? The Browns are in better shape than the Jets are. They're a lot like the Raiders were a couple years ago. They have a ridiculous amount of cap space and picks and are set to draft Myles Garret who is considered a better prospect then Clowney was.

A Jet fan

Just now, Il Mostro said:

So, just keep pulling absurd trade scenarios out of your ass?  Yeah, right. GTFO.

MA' VA TE NE A FANCULO! CE UN CIBIRUT! Now that's out of the way nothing I said except maybe for Richardson is out of the realm of possibility. Why wouldn't the Browns look to trade up if they want a player that's there? Stop being a Faccia a culo and contribute something.

10 minutes ago, artemusclyde said:

Right they'll still suck but not enough for Darnold in '18. Theyre doing that Jets thing w Osweiler 

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

Be grateful there's the Cleveland Browns, Jets fans. Be grateful. 

Seriously, they picked up a 2nd round pick next year for a few million. dollars when they have 100 to spend.  I think it's rather genius, especially if they can ship him off for a 3rd rounder this year.

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

Serious Question:

Are there any NFL teams needing a quarterback that could grab Mitch Trubisky before he falls to us at 6?

Aren't we about to get any QB we want?  Methinks so.

SAR I

a lot of people are poo-poohing the idea of using the no. 6 pick for a qb but it looks like only one of the teams ahead of the jets are going to be looking for a qb.  that leaves trubitsky or watson as potential picks for the jets.  not what i necessarily want but when a team gets a chance they really need to grab a highly rated guy.

made an edit.  now that i understand the trade more, it's like an nba trade deal.  cleveland ate a bunch of cap space and got a high draft pick for their trouble. i believe osweiler's contract only had dead money for 3 seasons so next season it's all gone.  and cleveland has a ton of players still on their rookie deals so they won't need that cap space.  great job by the browns for thinking that way.

5 hours ago, j4jets said:

Browns received a 2nd round pick. They had a sh*t ton of salary cap space. They essentially purchased a 2nd round pick for $16mil. They had like over a 104 mil in space. Still have close to $90 mil space, and an extra second round.  Why are they the worst franchise? They can release Brock next year for no more cap hit. 

Just to clarify, the (appropriately initialed) BO can be cut by the Browns this year and not count towards a 2018 (or beyond) cap hit?  In other words, they can absorb that entire hit this year?  If so, that is an utterly brilliant trade by Cleveland.  I wonder which team approached the other about that trade.  My hunch is this is Paul DePodesta's handiwork.

osweiler was part of the 2012 draft.  i know this really doesn't apply to the trade but that was another stinker of a jets draft including such wonders as coples, hill, and davis.  they whiffed for all 7 rounds.  so that makes 3 loser drafts in a row.

2 hours ago, nyjbuddy said:

After that trade with the Texans, why wouldn't the Browns offer to pay all of BO's salary?  Basically buy picks.  It's a brilliant move.  And it might be something we see more of in coming years (especially if the Browns hit on those picks).  Honestly I would be ecstatic to be a Browns fan right now. 

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

After that trade with the Texans, why wouldn't the Browns offer to pay all of BO's salary?  Basically buy picks.  It's a brilliant move.  And it might be something we see more of in coming years (especially if the Browns hit on those picks).  Honestly I would be ecstatic to be a Browns fan right now. 

And so many fans say the Jets are better off than the Browns...................not me. We are in off season hell. 

Osweiller is hot steaming garbage.  The browns are stock piling picks, we are now the crappiest team in the NFL.  Simian is destined to be a journeyman but I'll give him a shot.  Not giving up more than a three to get him here. We are gonna suck regardless.  I will bet the ranch on this........the browns will be good within 2 years.  ( not my ranch ) 

6 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

MA' VA TE NE A FANCULO! CE UN CIBIRUT! Now that's out of the way nothing I said except maybe for Richardson is out of the realm of possibility. Why wouldn't the Browns look to trade up if they want a player that's there? Stop being a Faccia a culo and contribute something.

Whoa, Nancy.  What's with all the name calling?  In caps, no less.   Panties on a little too tight?  Now you are back peddling on the Richardson part of your trade?  That was the crux of your absurd trade thesis. You need to re-think the meaning of "contribution" if this is what you are bringing to the party.  Che stronzo.

10 hours ago, sourceworx said:

How does the Texans GM survive this? First he gives an unproven QB that kind of money, then has to piss away a second round pick to get rid of him a year later.

Well there is Mike McCagnan, he will upstage him by trading our useless 2nd round pick to Cleveland for Osweillor and the rights to Josh Gordon.

13 hours ago, hawk said:

Seriously, they picked up a 2nd round pick next year for a few million. dollars when they have 100 to spend.  I think it's rather genius, especially if they can ship him off for a 3rd rounder this year.

Holy crap, I'm just realizing Brown GOT the pick TOO, didn't give it up. You're right 100%. Go Browns!

5 hours ago, varjet said:

Has anyone connected yet that the Texan's GM was Mac's former boss and mentor?

I like Macc, but this is not good.

The guy just dropped the best Jet and one of the few players fans could be truly proud of over the past 20 years, dropped him (Mangold) like a sad sack of potatoes, and you like him? **** Mac. He has no leash with me. He can EAD at this point. 

Archived