Jets just signed Josh McCown (MERGED)

JetFanatic

15 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

You have to learn to be more CREATIVE in demeaning and insulting annoying posters and trolls in a SUBTLE INDIRECT way which IMPLIES their wretched low rank in the JetsNation Forum caste system. If all posters were as direct, redundant, and whiny as some of your posts, without even the SLIGHTEST hint of subtlety such as @RutgersJetFan, then everyone would be banned. Get your $hit together, b/c you're not ALWAYS wrong, just with whom you choose to sincerely debate. 

^this guy gets it

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Sure- this is fair. I dont really care either and I dont dislike Mccown. But how many QB's are we going to give this regime? 

The next regime is going to have to find one too. At least give this regime some time. Can't keep turning over regimes every 2-3 yrs. 

Signing McCown is sad, and embarrassing.   And I really want this team to go 2-14.

But I would much rather watch Petty play, young and aggressive.  Not a  fossilized career backup.  This veteran "QB mentor" stuff is overblown cliche crap.

Just now, RoadFan said:

Signing McCown is sad, and embarrassing.   And I really want this team to go 2-14.

But I would much rather watch Petty play, young and aggressive.  Not a  fossilized career backup.  This veteran "QB mentor" stuff is overblown cliche crap.

Pssst. You can mentor while not playing. 

Can we stop the "mentor" rhetoric?  Why does everyone want Josh McCown to mentor our QBs?  Mentor them on what, how to keep the same number on 7 different teams?  We saw Petty last year - he stinks.  If Hack was ANY better, we would have saw him over fitz for at least a half in a meaningless week 17 game that was already well in hand.  I don't have an answer for who should have been the QB of this team - but if the objective is a youth movement and a rebuild then Petty and Hack should have been in a QB comp and you go through the season with one of those bums, instead of bringing in some fish that'll be given the starting job, only to get hurt a few weeks later.

4 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

What evidence is there that McCown is a good mentor?

One..

Damien Woody (@damienwoody)

3/20/17, 7:22 PM

Josh McCown to the Jets huh? Love the person, will be a good presence in the locker room, & the plan stays intact

3 minutes ago, gEYno said:

In related news, Sam Darnold just asked his landlord about discounts for signing a 2-year lease.

Sam Darnold has started exactly 10 games.  Fans are drooling over the 19 year old.

Christian Hackenberg's first season compares favorably.  Check the stats.

Hack will be the starter.  Book it.

SAR I

16 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Chris Hogan played lacrosse in college. Then started at QB in his one year at Monmouth and split time at WR, catching 12 passes.

It is 2017, being good in college is no longer a pre-requisite. :)

You're more the glass is full I'm more the glass got ****ed across the room and smashed into bits. 

2 minutes ago, heymangold said:

Can we stop the "mentor" rhetoric?  Why does everyone want Josh McCown to mentor our QBs?  Mentor them on what, how to keep the same number on 7 different teams?  We saw Petty last year - he stinks.  If Hack was ANY better, we would have saw him over fitz for at least a half in a meaningless week 17 game that was already well in hand.  I don't have an answer for who should have been the QB of this team - but if the objective is a youth movement and a rebuild then Petty and Hack should have been in a QB comp and you go through the season with one of those bums, instead of bringing in some fish that'll be given the starting job, only to get hurt a few weeks later.

Good lawd.  Where does it say he's been given the starting job?

13 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Pssst. You can mentor while not playing. 

And what a fabulous "mentor" he must be?!?!  Bouncing to a different team every friggin' year.

A "mentor" relationship takes years to develop.  Not 4 lousy months.  It is just a word analysts use to offer their "expertise" on television.

Like "rehabilitated" from The Shawshank Redemption.

"So you go on and stamp your form, sonny, and stop wasting my time."

1 minute ago, C Mart said:

One..

Damien Woody (@damienwoody)

3/20/17, 7:22 PM

Josh McCown to the Jets huh? Love the person, will be a good presence in the locker room, & the plan stays intact

It's still a team and there should always be experience and leadership on a team. That's a long time to play in the NFL......

1 minute ago, August said:

McCown is going to be the week 1 starter. I have no faith in Petty or Hackenberg to beat him out in training camp. Hackenberg will then take over in week 6 when McCown gets injured. 

Training camp competitions should only go so far in determining the starter.

If McCown is only marginally better than Petty and Hack, they young guys should be given the benefit of the doubt as potential long-range solutions.

McCown has a one year deal, is 37 y.o....if he ain't 'lighting it up' in PS and head and shoulders better than the young guys his ass should be on the bench.  If you never give a young guy experience on game day, they will never 'have any experience'...kind of the only reason people here were touting Geno as a better option than Petty.

Archived