Bowles Doesn't Coach

Blake Allyn

Rewatched a few games yesterday.  This guy literally stands their like a mute.  Isn't his job to coach?  

This team needs to delibrately suck this year.  Trade back and make sure they have full ammunition to get a stud QB in next years draft.  They should be rebuilding the secondary and o lin ein interim.

9 minutes ago, Blake Allyn said:

This team needs to delibrately suck this year.  Trade back and make sure they have full ammunition to get a stud QB in next years draft.  They should be rebuilding the secondary and o lin ein interim.

What if we sucked next year too and made sure we had even more ammunition to get a *super* stud QB in the 2019 draft? Think about it

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

What if we sucked next year too and made sure we had even more ammunition to get a *super* stud QB in the 2019 draft? Think about it

Bleh thats clearly unnecessary.  Next year is the draft.  Their gonna win 4 games this year, none of the QBS are worth a damn they have.  One more year.

40 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

They already have their super stud in Hackenberg! Just wait, all geared up to see him play a down in 2019!

Todd Bowles aka the Cigar Store Indian.

Im gonna give him a pass. Something tells me he'd have revved up the offense in those 2 minute drills if he had confidence in his QBs but let's be completely f*cking honest, the Jets had the worst QBing in the entire league last year,lol!

Keapernick looked like damn stud compared to what we were rolling out there. Bryce Petty couldn't even hold on to the ball because it was RAINING! 

It was absolutely PAINFUL watching the Jets, our QBs suck, our 17 million dollar CB getting toasted & quitting on plays, our highly paid DT Mo getting stood up & playing patty cake, our 1st round safety slipping & falling more than Maggie Simpson.

Seeing a flag EVERY SINGLE time Skrine flashed on the screen. How many times we see a RB slip out of the backfield & see #52 chasing him down the sideline?

Brady could make a ham sandwich squeezing packets of mustard he had so much time to throw. But, at least we're not the Jaguars who still believe Blake Bortles is an NFL quarterback.

2 hours ago, Blake Allyn said:

Rewatched a few games yesterday.  This guy literally stands their like a mute.  Isn't his job to coach?  

I'd categorize that as his greatest asset. 

On 4/9/2017 at 3:55 PM, jamesr said:

I must say, I love how "coaching" and "shouting and yelling" seem to be synonymous around here.

Rex ranted and yelled on the sidelines ... did that make him a good coach?

Most here and most fans all agree REX is a terrible coach.   silence doesn't mean Bowles is bad, Belicek is silent and is terrific.  

DIfference is Bellicek makes adjustments based on his players strengths, what's going on around him, clock, etc. 

Bowles is basically indefensible....

2 hours ago, Blake Allyn said:

Bleh thats clearly unnecessary.  Next year is the draft.  Their gonna win 4 games this year, none of the QBS are worth a damn they have.  One more year.

Aaron Rogers is a fa in 2019 to boot so you really have #options

1 hour ago, jamesr said:

I must say, I love how "coaching" and "shouting and yelling" seem to be synonymous around here.

Rex ranted and yelled on the sidelines ... did that make him a good coach?

Rex got us to back to back AFC Championship games Todd Bowles has gotten us nowhere. 

he doesn't coach, not because he is stoic on the sidelines, that's OK. But he doesn't seem to make adjustments, plays everything by the book as if the team is on automatic pilot, and we're not good enough for that. We need interesting schemes on offense and defense to win, and he is just super-conservative all the time. He doesn't coach.

Yeah if he just yelled and waved his arms more, the Jets would win games. 

Cause it's not the talent level or having one of the 7 franchise QBs at any given time

What actually makes teams win games is having a 50 year old yell at 20 year olds. 

We need a better yeller you guys. Some one who yells harder and louder. 

Rex was too loud I think we can all agree on that. 

Bowles is too soft. We need a goldilocks coach who yells sometimes but not too much. Then finally this team can get back to the business of winning Super Bowls. 

22 hours ago, Blake Allyn said:

did you ever watch tom landry coach?  chuck noll?  dan quinn? jeff fisher?  don shula?  the bellichicken?  just because a coach doesn't go all rah rah like pete carroll on the sidelines doesn't mean he doesn't coach.  this doesn't mean he coaches during the week.  it does mean that on game day there's very little coaching left to do. 

On April 9, 2017 at 1:03 PM, Blake Allyn said:

Bowles is an empty suit.  

Barring an amazing draft haul both he and Macagnan are gone after next season

11 hours ago, rangerous said:

did you ever watch tom landry coach?  chuck noll?  dan quinn? jeff fisher?  don shula?  the bellichicken?  just because a coach doesn't go all rah rah like pete carroll on the sidelines doesn't mean he doesn't coach.  this doesn't mean he coaches during the week.  it does mean that on game day there's very little coaching left to do. 

Bowles's sideline demeanor is the least of his problems

He's an inept game manager, none of the players respect him on any level, and for a defensive coach his X's and O's suck and his defense was garbage last year and really in 2015 anytime we faced a legit qb with weapons we lost

Mac doesn't luck into getting Brandon Marshall for basically nothing in 2015 both he and Bowles are unemployed now as opposed to next January

11 hours ago, thadude said:

Mac doesn't luck into getting Brandon Marshall for basically nothing in 2015 both he and Bowles are unemployed now as opposed to next January

Brandon Marshall dropped 10 balls in 11 targets for Petty. He's a bum. 

On 4/9/2017 at 2:41 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

Mac and bowles are sacrificial lambs this season.  Just be patient.

I doubt that. I think both have been given "mulligans" by Woody and both will be back in 2018 unless the team totally implodes. That could happen with Bowles because I doubt his ability to develop players. He was brought along by Bruce Arians, but has NONE of his coaching acumen or ability to motivate players. Mac's draft choices may have talent but unless Bowles can put them in position to succeed he will be shown the door also. I happen to think the Jets young players will show enough to bring both back in 18.

12 hours ago, bitonti said:

Brandon Marshall dropped 10 balls in 11 targets for Petty. He's a bum. 

Was our mvp in 2015 and the only veteran who played hard last season.  Bryce Petty sucks

That bum will be hoisting a third Giants Lombardi Trophy in 10 years at the ticker tape parade while we miss the Suck for Sam sweepstakes 

10 hours ago, Ex-Rex said:

I doubt that. I think both have been given "mulligans" by Woody and both will be back in 2018 unless the team totally implodes. That could happen with Bowles because I doubt his ability to develop players. He was brought along by Bruce Arians, but has NONE of his coaching acumen or ability to motivate players. Mac's draft choices may have talent but unless Bowles can put them in position to succeed he will be shown the door also. I happen to think the Jets young players will show enough to bring both back in 18.

How can you guys be so sure there is an unspoken agreement like this?

How can you be so sure we are even trying to tank?  I don't think Mac is tanking at all he's simply having a really really bad offseason that is the diarrhea icing of his tenure

Archived