Ex-New England Patriots star Aaron Hernandez commits suicide in prison

jackhuntr

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, gEYno said:

same house =/= same environment

Also, Hernandez dad died while his older brother was playing at UCONN; Aaron H was in HS though. It was the father's death and the brother's absence from the home that created the opening for Aaron H to start moving towards the criminal element he frequented. His dad and big bro kept him away from that until his dad died.

Just now, Awesumtenor said:

Also, Hernandez dad died while his older brother was playing at UCONN; Aaron H was in HS though. It was the father's death and the brother's absence from the home that created the opening for Aaron H to start moving towards the criminal element he frequented. His dad and big bro kept him away from that until his dad died.

I've never met him, nor his family, so I can't comment beyond comfortably saying that same house =/= same environment.

There are a lot of people here that are making a lot of really baseless speculations.  All I'm gonna say that the whole thing is a sad story and that I hope his daughter finds peace as she becomes more cognizant of all of this.

I felt much worse for Lawrence Philips, especially after reading the letters he wrote to his college coach from jail, (it was published in some newspaper, don't remember when) he really seemed to be on the mend, and seemed like a sensitive soul in those letters.  And btw, Philips was no less talented than Hernandez, if we want to talk about talent. He was a much better college player, and would have been great in the pros if he wasn't so screwed up.

5 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

When I heard it I was shocked esp since he basically won the case last week. And his lawyer Jose Baez is a very successful trial lawyer and predicted that he could turn over the earlier conviction. You really don't know what was going on in Aaron's mind esp the past few years in prison. He apparently had a rough time there and had fights etc. Obviously he could hold his own. Hernandez was only 27. I don't know if he really killed anyone. People who knew him said he started going downhill after his dad died. He had no direction. I just feel sorry for the guy. I don't excuse murder. LIfe imprisonment to me is a fair sentence. I'm against the death penalty. I feel more sorry for his victims (if there are any) than I do for Aaron. But this news was not something I wanted to hear. It's a sad day. Esp for his kid. I saw Hernandez waiving to her in court. 

The most important thing here is Hernandez was only 27. Dead at 27, that list could go around the equator 27 times. 

Tons of people have rough lives only some of them turn into mass killers.  Especially if they have moved into the college life then the pros and then get money. there are probably millions of people in this world that deserve more pity than this guy.

17 minutes ago, Awesumtenor said:

Eh. Not trying to sound cold, but most humans know the difference between right and wrong by age 10...at a maximum. Dude was a thug. 

3 hours ago, Awesumtenor said:

Their  'protection' does not put them out of reach from Corrections Officers...IJS...my oldest daughter had an ex-boyfriend who found that out the hard way; he got himself incarcerated in Akron, OH and did something to piss guards off...the official story is that he had conflict with some guards returning to his cell from the prison infirmary; the following morning, he was found in his cell, not breathing and unresponsive but no one knows what happened. The cameras that should have captured who went in and out of his cell had no data from the overnight period and the "investigation" found no evidence of any foul play.

In prison, other prisoners are the least of your worries...

Its was on Brady's cellphone and destroyed :lol:

2 hours ago, roscoeword said:

I felt much worse for Lawrence Philips, especially after reading the letters he wrote to his college coach from jail, (it was published in some newspaper, don't remember when) he really seemed to be on the mend, and seemed like a sensitive soul in those letters.  And btw, Philips was no less talented than Hernandez, if we want to talk about talent. He was a much better college player, and would have been great in the pros if he wasn't so screwed up.

Hernandez was far more talented than Phillips (on the football field) IMO.  Hernandez was one of the most elusive, ankle breaking (on the football field), runners in the open field I have ever seen.  Never once saw the same "wow" factor from Phillips in college or the pros.  Plus, my grandmother could have averaged 7 yards a carry behind that great Nebraska O-line.  

5 hours ago, Awesumtenor said:

The CO's *are* a prison gang...the baddest one in there...and they don't have to manufacture small hand weapons and hide them...not to mention when they go to put the beatdown on someone, there is no one who can be called to stop them. Just because you dont want to believe that CO's are a threat to inmates doesn't mean it isn't true.

Bro I apologize if i was insensitive to a family related tragedy 

9 hours ago, Awesumtenor said:

bristol is a rough city, a lot of gangs. my friend's dad owns a tattoo shop up there and bristol bloods are well known in the area- thats who hernandez was rolling with growing up

18 hours ago, gEYno said:

There are a lot of people here that are making a lot of really baseless speculations. 

Of course, but that goes both ways.  There are people claiming that this was just about getting "caught up in that life", discounting the possibility (or really, certainty) that the dude was a sociopath and just plain evil. 

I-Team: Hernandez Had Bible Verse On Forehead, May Have Smoked Synthetic Marijuana Before Death

April 19, 2017 4:15 PM
Filed Under: Aaron Hernandez, I-Team

BOSTON (CBS) – The WBZ I-Team has learned Aaron Hernandez had the words “John 3:16” on his forehead when he was found dead in his prison cell early Wednesday morning.

The bible verse is one of the most quoted in Christianity and says in part that whoever believes in Jesus “shall not perish but have everlasting life.”

He also appeared to have red marks on his hands and feet.

Prison officials say “Hernandez hanged himself utilizing a bed sheet that he attached to his cell window” in the Souza Baranowski Correctional Center.

Law enforcement sources tell WBZ investigators are looking into the possibility that the former New England Patriot may have smoked synthetic marijuana called K2 Tuesday night.

hernandez11 I Team: Hernandez Had Bible Verse On Forehead, May Have Smoked Synthetic Marijuana Before Death

Aaron Hernandez in Suffolk Superior Court, March 30, 2017. (WBZ-TV)

Sources say investigators believe one of the last people to see Hernandez is a close friend who is now in isolation on what is called “eyeball suicide watch.”

The 22-year-old is in the health service unit with a 24-hour watch with a correction officer and camera watching his every move.

Five days ago, Hernandez was acquitted of murder charges in the shooting deaths of Daniel de Abreu and Safiro Furtado in the South End in July 2012. He was serving a life sentence for the murder of Odin Lloyd in 2013.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/04/19/aaron-hernandez-john-316-prison-cell-death-investigation/

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Of course, but that goes both ways.  There are people claiming that this was just about getting "caught up in that life", discounting the possibility (or really, certainty) that the dude was a sociopath and just plain evil. 

I think that the argument on that end is that getting "caught up in that life" is what cultivates the sociopath/evil.  I realize it's easier to put things in comfortable boxes, but acknowledging systemic factors that might contribute to a sociopath/evil person doesn't undermine the wrong done or the fact that his punishment was just.

36 minutes ago, gEYno said:

I think that the argument on that end is that getting "caught up in that life" is what cultivates the sociopath/evil. 

It could just as easily be argued that that's the kind of life a sociopath gravitates towards.  I get that the cause/effect is complex, but it really comes down to the old internal vs. external locus of control argument, that never really ends. 

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

It could just as easily be argued that that's the kind of life a sociopath gravitates towards.  I get that the cause/effect is complex, but it really comes down to the old internal vs. external locus of control argument, that never really ends. 

As you say, it's complex, and internal and external locus of control can and do co-exist.

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

In the end, everyone is responsible for their own actions regardless of how they were raised and the problems they faced. No one cares if Hitler was abused as a child or if Charles Manson was not allowed to have matchbox cars as a kid. Not everyone that get "caught up in that life" end up killers.

He had numerous chances to escape that life and he was gifted massive amounts of money and guys like Urban Meyer/Tebow/Brady and Bellichick to help get his life turned around, in the end he still chose the wrong path. So I am more than glad he killed himself. 

17 hours ago, flgreen said:

Bro I apologize if i was insensitive to a family related tragedy 

No biggie...I just have a bit more insight to it...my ex-wife's sister was a CO at Nassau County too...until she cracked up:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/li-corrections-officer-arrested-shooting-spree-leaves-ex-girlfriend-uncle-dead-article-1.184243

The niece she took at gunpoint was my youngest daughter who is still dealing with the aftermath of this...she was arrested when she returned to the house to kill everyone there and herself.

I'm just saying there are a lot of people working corrections who are no different than the people they guard...and were like that before they were on the job.

Parsing nature vs. nurture will never end, monsters are born and not made, monsters are made and not born, etc . . . I mean, look at MAOA and MAOA-L variants and CDH-13. Does that mean everyone affected is going to flip out, rape, kill and dismember people? The answer is no, even though there is more than a slightly leaky foundation of evidence to support it. It belongs in the same vein on whether empathy is inherent or learned. Some people are subjected to horrific abuse and transcend, some people are subjected to horrific abuse and kill, and some people are just born with their soul missing. It will always be as mysterious as the depths of the ocean. 

One thing I know for sure is that hatred and racism are taught at home. My only true prejudice is the true pukes of the AFCE, the Miami Dolphins. I guess I skated. Genetics is a fascinating thing. I mean, we all look like someone. Even if it's Satan. 

Archived