Report: Jets Receiver Robby Anderson Arrested in Florida

JetNation

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

An UDFA, works his butt off to make a team, works even harder to become a starter and sees the Jets draft 2 very talented WR.....so let's get arrested and undo all of that hard work in an effort to stick it to the "man"/Police. 

Thin-Bodied Lives Matter.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I'll bet Belichick feels silly about signing Stephon Gilmore right about now.

pshaw...We have Chad 'White Wheels of Lightning' Hansen to torment the pats secondary for years to come.

On a side note we as a board need some Darron Lee like 'I took the blows' tweet to calm us all down.

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Hi guys Crushlove here. Be cool if we can keep this thread open and not turn into a quickly locked festering pool of unwanted political jibber jabber. Thank you in advance for any assistance in this matter. 

tumblr_mlxlplTakc1sp7ha5o1_500.gif

4 minutes ago, nicg4360 said:

True and remember our very own Sheldon Richardson was in a high speed car chase with a child in the car and got 1 game for it. I could see similar for this but really we need more concrete details.

Sent from my Moto Z using JetNation.com mobile app

Whatever anyone thinks of Sheldon's actions, ultimately he was only charged with a misdemeanor. This is a felony, which makes it different. Yeah there's always a good chance charges get knocked down or outright dropped (it's not like he was arrested for dealing heroin), so long as he didn't actually hit a cop or something like that I guess.

Back with that thing where he bumped a traffic officer with his car & and knocked her to the ground, Randy Moss was also initially arrested for felony assault. Since I didn't remember offhand I just looked it up: it was knocked down to two misdemeanors (they'd also found some weed in his car), and then after that the charges were dropped altogether in exchange for community service and a slap on the wrist fine.

Barring this being something unusually bad he'll likely get it reduced or dropped, in which case he'll get a 1-game suspension, give or take a game (as in maybe just a warning this time).

From my experience with Miami -Dade PD hey are a bit sketchy

secondly of course they were probably mad and stacked the max charges on him

thirdly it will probably be downgraded at first appearance at a mininum

lastly since there are no additional charges my guess is he or friends were a bit unruly and argued with the police and let to an escalated confrontation of which we do not know the facts. No matter what really happened the "perp" always gets hit with charges as they need a reason to arrest.

We will see in the end as facts are known. I will reserve judgement.

49 minutes ago, flgreen said:

What a jerk Kimberley is.  Reporting this with out actual video of the assult, or a note from the arresting officers mother. Shameful

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

How dare she reports on this until the jury has handed the judge their decision in a court of law.

35 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I didn't say this site wasn't credible and this isn't an attack on anyone. I appreciate the reporting and the way this site conducts its business. It's typically above board and I can imagine you take great pride in the blogs you do.

However, not until Kimberly Martin actually reached out to Jets PR has this actually been confirmed. And still all they'll say is they are aware of the situation and no further comment. Putting out a blog that cites another reporters report is not the way to do business. Then again, maybe I'm expecting too much. 

We are in the "business" of reporting Jets news.

This is Jets news. So that is what Glenn did.

We didn't offer an opinion on the matter. We simply reported a report of Jets news.

34 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Got lucky this time. 

You mean she actually did her job and didn't report based on another report?! Crazy how that works. 

Carl - Glenn did his job. A fan site blog that reports Jets news. He reported Jets news. And credited the source.

A reporter called the Jets. The only decision we faced here is, is this Jets news. Guess what? Glenn got it right.

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

We take a ton of pride in our blog posts. We never purposely run catchy headlines to just get more clicks and views. The story was labeled as a report which is exactly what we do, we are bringing people the news. This is the news right now, other sites are running it the guy is verified and he is legitimate.

The article says we will have more information on this as it develops. But this is a credible report which is why we ran it.

Robbie Anderson went to Miami and you'll never guess what happens next! (Photo gallery)

4 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

Robbie Anderson went to Miami and you'll never guess what happens next! (Photo gallery)

Love it.

You left out the part where they say; YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS SLIDE # 42.

I fall for that all the time. I get to slide # 17 and then just give up.

Getting back on track here, this sucks. Hopefully it isn't a legal matter and it turns out to be just a bad night.

This kid has a lot of promise. I hated that he lost of year of college ball because of grades.  I always thought that showed poor judgement because if you put in the work, they will help an athlete stay above where he needs to be GPA wise. But you have to put in the work. 

18 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Nothing dumber than hitting a cop, not matter right or wrong. Thats why you have lawyers to prove yourself. Not by fighting a cop. Stupid. 

these morons keep testing the cops until one day they get a psycho cop who blows their brains out. Why people keep pushing the cops patience is beyond stupid and they deserve everything they get 

16 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Carl - Glenn did his job. A fan site blog that reports Jets news. He reported Jets news. And credited the source.

A reporter called the Jets. The only decision we faced here is, is this Jets news. Guess what? Glenn got it right.

He didn't credit the source because he didn't know the source. A source cannot be another reporter unless you have the same source and were told the same thing. This is journalism 101. This isn't really going to go anywhere because we're not talking about the same thing. I am not saying this wasn't news. It was and still is. The way you went about reporting it was flawed. Show me another accredited reporter that ran with just a tweet from a guy in Miami without getting a statement either from police report or statement from the team. I doubt you'll be able to. Anyway, onward and upward. 

Jets WR Robby Anderson charged with resisting arrest in Miami: report

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Robby Anderson reportedly got into some trouble at a music festival in Miami.

Robby Anderson reportedly got into some trouble at a music festival in Miami.

(MIKE EHRMANN/GETTY IMAGES)

After hosting the now-infamous boat drama for the Giants during the 2016 playoffs, the city of Miami now appears to be the site of trouble for a New York Jet.

Jets wide receiver Robby Anderson has been charged with a felony count of resisting arrest with violence and obstruction of justice after an incident at a music festival in the Florida city on Sunday, according to WINZ-AM’s Andy Slater.

Anderson, who turns 24 on Tuesday, was reportedly on or backstage at the Rolling Loud Festival when the incident occurred.

A teams spokesman said the Jets have been notified of the situation.

“We are aware of the situation,” read the statement, per Newsday. “This is a pending legal matter and we will have no further comment at this time.”

The undrafted Anderson emerged as a quality rookie wide out for the Jets last season, recording 42 receptions for 587 yards with two touchdowns.

The Florida native may, however, be looking at a suspension during his sophomore season. His current situation already gives the Jets another headache after three of his teammates have already received suspensions for the start of the 2017 season.

Tight end Austin Seferian-Jenkins was suspended two games for a DUI arrest, and both cornerback Nick Marshall and wide receiver Jalin Marshall were banned first four games for PED violations.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/jets-wr-robby-anderson-charged-resisting-arrest-miami-article-1.3147218

I figured it was just a matter of time for this guy. He reminds me of Chris Henry, from the odd mentality in his tweets, right down to the weird mentorship relationship he has with Chad Johnson. 

12 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

these morons keep testing the cops until one day they get a psycho cop who blows their brains out. Why people keep pushing the cops patience is beyond stupid and they deserve everything they get 

Works both ways. Moron cops harass and abuse their power until one day they push the wrong dude that blows their brains out.

Always great to see when 95% of a thread is a slap fight.

In the end, kind of sucks to hear but ultimately Anderson's impression on us all last season was definitely influenced by a combination of him being an UDFA and on a terrible offense that got ravaged by injuries, combining low expectations with additional opportunities.  While I doubt anyone was thinking of casting him aside at this point, this year's draft pretty strongly spoke to the idea that the Jets had no commitment to an increased role for him this year or beyond.  In the sad reality of today's NFL, one incident is not so uncommon, and far from reason enough to get rid of a guy if you like him, so they might as well just wait and see what happens.  That said, if he gets passed on the depth chart by a few of these other guys, this could also make the team's decision about Anderson as a potential "bubble guy" a bit easier.

2 minutes ago, peebag said:

It's not like the kid is all world or anything.  

Anderson is the definition of a one trick pony.  Go route and that's it.  Against a good secondary, the kid doesn't even get off the line.  He's too frail. And, his hands are a disaster.

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

I figured it was just a matter of time for this guy. He reminds me of Chris Henry, from the odd mentality in his tweets, right down to the weird mentorship relationship he has with Chad Johnson. 

He had behavioral issues before going to Temple. He also has a lot of that whole poor kid from Miami chip on the shoulder thing.

if not for Petty then Anderson probably doesn't make the team.  I like Anderson and hope he grows up quick here from this but learning more about him outside of football (which I had no idea) does not sound promising.   Anywho - who will Petty turn into a star this season?

According to the police report (via TMZ.com), Anderson is accused of fighting with security at the Rolling Loud music festival and was asked to leave. When he refused, a Miami police lieutenant got involved and when he instructed Anderson to sit down on the ground, "he tensed his body and pushed [the lieutenant]. [Anderson] was redirected to the ground and continued to fight with police and security."

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/robby-anderson-arrest-florida-jets-wr-fighting-cop-rolling-loud/po3b0erlusjh1wotnyce5mu8c

4 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

if not for Petty then Anderson probably doesn't make the team.  I like Anderson and hope he grows up quick here from this but learning more about him outside of football (which I had no idea) does not sound promising.   Anywho - who will Petty turn into a star this season?

A fellow sales associate who he identifies to store management as the person whose ideas helped transform their department into a model of display attractiveness, efficiency, and profitability. 

Archived