Serby's piece on Hackenberg

Gangrene

1 hour ago, nicg4360 said:

Worst case scenario is 11. He hasn't played more than 11 in over a decade. So at least we know when his season will be over.

Sent from my Moto Z using JetNation.com mobile app

The real question is how many starts Josh Johnson will have for the Jets after the Giants cut him. 

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Same with Copernicus, that cocky son of a bitch.

Oh come on, admit it, you and batesman run over to the keyboard with a limp as fast as you can when your Galaxy twitter app notifies  you of a negative Hackenberg article. 

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Having your defense think the quarterback sucks is never a bad thing and has never hurt us in the past.

Reading that article makes me feel like the chances of actually seeing Hack in live game action in 2017 is hovering right around 3%, assuming Petty gets injured after McCown inevitably does. 

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Hate this time of year, so much bullsh*t and meaningless off-season speak rattling around, grasped desperately by fans.

Not a word of this article means anything. 

I love this time of year, because it springs hope into the lives of every fan base before reality sets in . With the Jets, we never really know our reality until the 1st month of the regular season is over  most years . 

9 hours ago, Gangrene said:

Coach Todd Bowles, following a 5-11 season, doesn’t have the time to wait for Hackenberg to grow up.

It shouldn't be about Bowles wins and losses, it should be about PROGRESS for the young QB's and they can't learn on the bench. McCown is NOT going to be significantly better than either Petty or Hackenberg or get the Jets many more wins, so go with Hack and let him learn the pro game. Nothing else makes sense to me and I will boycott games McCown starts. I urge fellow Jets fans to do likewise and let's rebuild around a group of good young defenders and a young QB.

9 hours ago, Maxman said:

Richardson's mouth just never stops. Not a good thing.

Not necessarily, if he decides to be a good team mate. Personally, I didn't like Brandon Marshall last season either. He didn't seem fully committed and when he would drop a pass - which happened regularly - he smiled about it. Wanted to smash his face in and I wish Richardson would have done it for me. I think Marshall was the true locker room cancer not Richardson.

Sheldon Richardson speaks the truth.

He spoke his mind because he likely won't be here next year and he doesn't have to toe any party line. He's one of the few players who will actually be honest because he has nothing to lose. The Jets have shown no loyalty to him beyond that rookie deal and the road goes both ways.  He knows he's gone so he offers an honest opinion. We should value that opinion rather than shoot the messenger but whatever.

Hack may have improved and he is still the QB3. There's nothing Sheldon said that was false. 

6 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

I will boycott games McCown starts. 

Get ready for a Boycott then cause he's starting. 

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Hate this time of year, so much bullsh*t and meaningless off-season speak rattling around, grasped desperately by fans.

Not a word of this article means anything. 

Neither does any of Hack's negative press covfefe. 

13 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Last Jet QB who was "lauded" by teammates and media for his "cannon" (but who had horrible mechanics and a dunce when it came to football smarts) was Browning Nagle.  You figure it out. 

So your implying Hack is a dunce, which is probably the biggest reach by far, but nice try .

26 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

why because he thinks Petty will start

He's not there for player evaluations.  The only reason the media talks to this idiot is because they know he's going to say something quote worthy.  His opinion is meaningless.

And if he's going to trash Marshall for talking out of school then maybe he should take his own advice and shut his stupid mouth.  Hack doesn't need to hear Richardsons half-assed review based on 2 hours of practice.

Some of you interpret Sheldumb's comments that Hack is "improving."

I interpret them to mean he has an NFL arm... and that Sheldumb is offering the polite way to say that way too many throws are off the mark and that he isn't close to deserving of regular season snaps.

1 minute ago, RoadFan said:

I interpret them to mean he has an NFL arm... and that Sheldumb is offering the polite way to say that way too many throws are off the mark and that he isn't close to deserving of regular season snaps.

100%.  Couldnt be more obvious.  Nobody on the entire team thinks he'll ever be an NFL QB.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

100%.  Couldnt be more obvious.  Nobody on the entire team thinks he'll ever be an NFL QB.

Yep, amazed they don't even cut him right now. If Sheldon can see it then why can't the rest of the Jets org. In fact they should just cut McCown and start Petty , Richardson the great talent evaluator has spoken. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Pac said:

He's not there for player evaluations.  The only reason the media talks to this idiot is because they know he's going to say something quote worthy.  His opinion is meaningless.

And if he's going to trash Marshall for talking out of school then maybe he should take his own advice and shut his stupid mouth.  Hack doesn't need to hear Richardsons half-assed review based on 2 hours of practice.

This.

1 hour ago, Pac said:

Sheldom is a dumbass but he still smart than 90% of the beat writers and he knows 1000x more than them.

1 hour ago, Pac said:

and where do you get only 2 hours worth of practice when they had 4 OTAs and have been working with coaches for 2 weeks prior to that not too mention all last season and all last season practices that were closed to public.

whats meaningless is 99% of the posts around here.

7 hours ago, JetPotato said:

If McCown sees the field for any reason other than Petty and Hack are injured, fire everyone. It would be beyond stupid.

Not if you're a player busting his tail and wants to win...

1 hour ago, RoadFan said:

doh!

Slowly progressing … still got a little ways to go. … He’s getting better every day … that’s pretty much it. Slowly progressing, man,” Richardson said.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

I agree with what you're saying here but also I'm more happy that Richardson gave Petty an endorsement and I'm going to baselessly extrapolate it to mean that Petty is a leader.

2 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

somebody needs to sit Sheldon down and have a come-to-Jesus meeting about Penn State's offensive line

Maybe a drive through Missouri in a smoke filled car at 90 mph will help him come to the conclusion faster. 

2 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I agree with what you're saying here but also I'm more happy that Richardson gave Petty and endorsement and I'm going to baselessly extrapolate it to mean that Petty is a leader.

I going to extrapolate it into a statement that Sheldon supports Petty same thing he was upset with Marshall for doing with Fitz. 

Archived