Quincy enunwa out for season with neck injury

Jets Daily Dosage.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Next man up? Bad enough we didn't have a #1 WR before Enunwa was injured what makes you think we will have one now in this scrap heap of WR's on this roster. 

You always have a #1 WR, just like you always have a starting QB.  Doesn't mean they are deserving, but there they are. 

Is anyone surprised???

I mean is anyone truly surprised: a guy goes down from a non contact injury and cant move and they say it is his NECK and he is playing football not GOLF or CHECKERS!!

Just wondering how you truly evaluate HAck or Petty with hungry and aggressive inexpreeirnced talent out there?

Answer = You Don't!!

Oh boy......

Is anyone surprised???
I mean is anyone truly surprised: a guy goes down from a non contact injury and cant move and they say it is his NECK and he is playing football not GOLF or CHECKERS!!
Just wondering how you truly evaluate HAck or Petty with hungry and aggressive inexpreeirnced talent out there?
Answer = You Don't!!
Oh boy......

Petty sucks there's nothing to evaluate with him

Sent from my SM-G950U using JetNation.com mobile app

4 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Is anyone surprised???

Answer = You Don't!!

Oh boy......

Even Tom Brady would fail with this group of WR's we have on the roster. 

Next man up? Bad enough we didn't have a #1 WR before Enunwa was injured what makes you think we will have one now in this scrap heap of WR's on this roster. 

Well officially I think Robbie Anderson is our number one receiver. Congrats!

Sent from my Moto Z using JetNation.com mobile app

4 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Charone  Peake has just been given the opportunity of a lifetime .

A few WRs can say that..Harper, White, Wilson (if he can stay healthy) etc...

ASJ / Leggett will be given plenty of chances...Split them out wide..

Just now, Saul Goodman said:

Jesus Christ this team is a sh*tshow. The worst state the organization has been in since I can remember, maybe even worse than the Kotite years. We may not win a single game. 

the jets only have weapons when they import them from other teams - edwards/marshall/decker/thomas jones/forte/ASJ.  

Now i want to see Hackenberg rise up and make a few stars out of this receiving corps more than ever.  The sign of a truly great player is the ability to elevate the play of the players around him. This organization is GUTLESS if they don't give him a shot from day 1.

Just now, ChuckkieB said:

Now i want to see Hackenberg rise up and make a few stars out of this receiving corps more than ever.  The sign of a truly great player is the ability to elevate the play of the players around you. This organization is GUTLESS if they don't give him a shot from day 1.

if woody thought last year's team was unwatchable, just see what happens when they start mccown this year.

23 minutes ago, glenn31 said:

If you simply do not have the man-power, there isn't a thing in the world a coaching staff, regardless of caliber, can do to make up for it. Nothing. Coaches devise the plan, but if it cannot be executed properly, General Patton himself would be compiling Ls on an almost weekly basis.

Parcells couldn't do better than 6-10 with this dreck, no way (of course post 1983 he wouldn't be caught dead with a roster this crappy either, but that's another story). The New York Jets roster, especially on O, is devoid of talent something serious, and given what we know about this inept coaching staff that begins with the deliriously inept HC, the only executing we'll see in 2017 is what opposing defenses are going to do to this offense on a weekly basis.

We're gonna be BAD (think 1992) this year and there's not a thing any player or coach, much much less us fans, can do about it. Not this group.

Parcells thought his 7-9 season with Ray Lucas QBing was his greatest coaching achievement, for whatever that is worth.

To take the other side of the coin, the thing about number 1 WRs is that the opponent's number 1 CB has to cover someone.  He cannot cover 2 people if our number 1 receiver is bad.  Let's say our number 1 WR can catch no passes.  That stinks, but maybe the rest of our receivers can catch something.

Enough already with all the DL.  They should find a way to get rid of one or two and find a WR.

I'm very worried about Q.

F football, he needs to recover and live a normal life. Scary, like Dennis Byrd scary..... Hope hes got some dough squirrled away.

That being said, I don't know how a team that had soooo many question marks this year, but at least had a strong WR group, could dump their best 2 wideouts. We had the money and decker/marshall could and should have stayed.

I'm all for dumping old overpriced vets but those two could have hung around. Looks like we really might get a top 3 draft pics. Its real now

I'm very worried about Q.

F football, he needs to recover and live a normal life. Scary, like Dennis Byrd scary..... Hope hes got some dough squirrled away.

That being said, I don't know how a team that had soooo many question marks this year, but at least had a strong WR group, could dump their best 2 wideouts. We had the money and decker/marshall could and should have stayed.

I'm all for dumping old overpriced vets but those two could have hung around. Looks like we really might get a top 3 draft pics. Its real now

1 minute ago, C Mart said:

A few WRs can say that..Harper, White etc...

ASJ / Leggett will be given plenty of chances...Split them out wide..

I like our young WR because they all catch the ball well . Right now, these guys are getting used to the QBs and the route combinations, so the drops are happening because their heads are swimming . By the end of Camp, I expect to see a difference . I like a group that includes;  Anderson, Peake, Harper, Stewart, Hansen and Wilson .   

I cheer for the laundry & although Enunwa has been a good soldier, having a #2 wide receiver talent wise isn't the best way to rebuild if QE & his agent stsrted talking about "best offensive player" on this Jets squad. This team was going NO WHERE, with or without Quincy Enunwa but let's stop this idea that he was a number 1 WR. I saw a lot of Jet fans yapping about why we didn't sign Quincy to a long term deal. Well, now we find out this isn't the 1st time he's hurt his neck. Nothing, and I mean nothing, f*cks over your salary cap than signing players to big long term contracts and then losing them for the season. So, while I wish Quincy the best in his rehab, as a Jet fan I'm glad that during this sh*tshow we're gonna see this year, I'm not constantly reminded that the newly signed Quincy Enunwa might not ever play football again. So it looks like we have a great shot at picking whoever we believe will be the best college football QB in the land next year. If I'm the Jets, I'm already planning to go all out after a top offensive mind like Sean Payton. You could keep your offense together with Morton & Bates. You'd have 2 young QBs to mold in Sam or Hack (if Sam seems to be the chosen one), you have over 80 million dollars to spend on OFFENSE for once instead of defense (just draft more D) and fill in with lower priced bargains for depth. So while this injury obviously SUCKS the silver lining for Jet fans is that in 2017, Quincy maybe wins you 1 or 2 games? Look at the Pats, they lose Gronk and win a Super Bowl. We need a QB more than we need any other player! Huge for Quincy & his future, not huge for Jet fans or the 2017 season. Reality Bites.

Dear God.  Nobody suggested signing him to "a big long term contract."  We suggested that we look into extending him NOW before he hits free agency.  They could have tripled his salary over the next three and it still wouldn't be one year of what they ended up paying Brian Winters.  A ******* mediocre guard.  Give me a ******* break. 

1 hour ago, darook said:

This really does suck, only offensive weapon done.  Suck for Sam officially on.  With Q down, how many of Idzik's picks are left on the roster this year? 

Yeah, it really does suck, I hope he can make a come back from this.

Also, four of them are left. Brian Winters, Sheldon Richardson, Dexter McDougle, and Dakota Dozier.

19 minutes ago, varjet said:

Parcells thought his 7-9 season with Ray Lucas QBing was his greatest coaching achievement, for whatever that is worth.

To take the other side of the coin, the thing about number 1 WRs is that the opponent's number 1 CB has to cover someone.  He cannot cover 2 people if our number 1 receiver is bad.  Let's say our number 1 WR can catch no passes.  That stinks, but maybe the rest of our receivers can catch something.

Enough already with all the DL.  They should find a way to get rid of one or two and find a WR.

That 1999 team was a heavy, heavy favorite to win the AFC that season, and it also had arguably the 2nd best WR tandem in the conference (after Smith & McCaffrey), Keyshawn in his prime and a top flight #1 WR at the time, a HOF RB, a very solid OL, and a QB room, yes even with Rick Mirer, that absolutely decimates the 2017 QB room in every way possible.

Parcells went 8-8 with that team because it had the talent to hit at least .500 (and would have won at least 12 with a healthy Vinny), even with a shaky QB situation that Parcells himself made worse hitching himself to Mirer for too long (IMO Hack is the Mirer of this group btw). There isn't even an inkling of a potential for 5-11 on this roster. The '99 group that began the season with Testaverde or finished the season with a hot Lucas would send this team home midway through the 3rd quarter, you can bank on that.

Again, the 2017 Jets, from top to bottom, east to west, and from autumn to winter are going to be BAD.

Archived