Quincy enunwa out for season with neck injury

Jets Daily Dosage.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From Bowles' description, it sounds like Enunwa threw himself to the ground after dropping a pass and then hurt his neck when he hit the ground.  Is that what other people are getting out of this?  It probably means the injury was inevitable anyway, but certainly a weird way to go out.

1 minute ago, batman10023 said:

this is pretty bad news for this season but hopefully he can have the surgery or whatever and get back for next year.  

our goal this year should be to be really bad or have our hack end up being a star.  the worst is a 3-4 game win season.  

Seriously, do you thin the Jets coaching staff is sitting around saying let's stink as bad as we can this year so we can all get fired and go work for another franchise who jst fired their coaching staff because their team stunk also ?

7 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Yeah the only way I don't see Darnold coming out is if he has a significant injury or a down year

Who we hire as gm/head coach will play a factor for Darnold.  This will be the best job in the nfl next year.  We are in a great position.  Please have some patience.

6 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Peyton Manning says hi,

Peyton Manning was rarely hit while moving rapidly, avoiding violent collisions.  He was also able to lay down in the fetal position before taking a hit, something he did often.  A QB can do that. A WR is going to get clobbered periodically.

Even if QE does get medicaly cleared.  He will still have to decide if it's worth it.  I am no doctor...  but is lifelong neck/back pain likely? Or worse, is paralysis a risk if it happens again?

Why would Quincy Enunwa sign an extension now?  He can wait until the end of the season and demand $10M per.  

I will admit that the Jets probably come out of this better than if they had extended him even for a minimal amount.  Putting aside the fact that the kid's health is the main concern, I wonder how this effects his contract status.  Will he still need another year to vest?  

Well.........that escalated quickly.  

Is AirBud still alive?  I know the whole conversion from basketball to football is coveted now!

I think the only thing I'm worried about is Bowles returning because their offensive star got hurt, so impossible to evaluate clause.  

Guess this showed the sign them years before you have to internet GMs why that is a risky proposition.  Imagine if we listened to all those whining about Macc not locking up Enunwa months ago.  How much more would be thrown at Macc? 

12 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Seriously, do you thin the Jets coaching staff is sitting around saying let's stink as bad as we can this year so we can all get fired and go work for another franchise who jst fired their coaching staff because their team stunk also ?

the goal of the coaches isn't the same goal of the fans and or the owners.  we have a much longer term horizon than the coaches.  i have recently upgraded my seats in the stadium as i like the prospects if we get a top QB in the next draft.

3 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Is he eligible to play ?

No, Gordon is currently not eligible but I think he can seek to be reinstated at some point this year. Either way, it would be insane to trade draft picks for a player that is a knucklehead and always on the verge of getting banned from the league. 

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

No, Gordon is currently not eligible but I think he can seek to be reinstated at some point this year. Either way, it would be insane to trade draft picks for a player that is a knucklehead and always on the verge of getting banned from the league. 

We usually wind up picking crap anyway and cutting them like the so many 1st round picks and 2nd round picks we have wasted, this is a better gamble. 

29 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

If you simply do not have the man-power, there isn't a thing in the world a coaching staff, regardless of caliber, can do to make up for it. Nothing. Coaches devise the plan, but if it cannot be executed properly, General Patton himself would be compiling Ls on an almost weekly basis.

Parcells couldn't do better than 6-10 with this dreck, no way (of course post 1983 he wouldn't be caught dead with a roster this crappy either, but that's another story). The New York Jets roster, especially on O, is devoid of talent something serious, and given what we know about this inept coaching staff that begins with the deliriously inept HC, the only executing we'll see in 2017 is what opposing defenses are going to do to this offense on a weekly basis.

We're gonna be BAD (think 1992) this year and there's not a thing any player or coach, much much less us fans, can do about it. Not this group.

Archived