Maxman

### Jets \ Lions -- Preseason Week Two, Game Thread ###

Rate this topic

Not even close, we are the absolute rock bottom in the league, for 3 reasons.

1. We do not have an NFL QB

2. We do not have an O-line

3. We do not have a running game

Should be very easy to win no more than 1-3 games

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

That wasnt protection, that was the QB having to set his protection and understanding the guy that he was responsible for. Hackenberg ****ed that up and got blown up because of it. 

No way man, OL fault all the way

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

That wasnt protection, that was the QB having to set his protection and understanding the guy that he was responsible for. Hackenberg ****ed that up and got blown up because of it. 

RB missed his assignment to block ?

I didn't see the full play of Hack getting sacked, but Costello just said it may have been on Powell.  I only saw the replay and couldn't see the back from that angle.  Thoughts?

Just now, Mogglez said:

Shell AND Powell really bombed that.  Don't know who's responsibility it was but they're gonna get chewed out.

Definitely, blame goes to Shell first and then Powell. Then Morton and Bowles, then uhh Wes Johnson or something

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

So what protection calls for not blocking the DE?  He came in untouched. 

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

That's inaccurate on a few levels.

That sack is on the play calling also, how do you put that kid in his first career start in a 3rd and 8 position with 2 runs up the middle for 1 yard, let the kid air one out early even for a dump off get him comfortable geez.

5 minutes ago, C Mart said:

RB missed his assignment to block ?

Possibly though it didnt look like it. That didnt look like it was Shell's fault. Shell took the inside guy and Hack was hit by the outside guy rushing. If Hack set his protection he should have known the possible guy coming in for a blitz. That's when you go to your hot route. The edge guy was uncovered the entire time and Hack didnt realize it because he didnt even see him. If the back missed the block then I take that back but that looked like Hackenberg didnt understand his protection relative to the set up of the defensive front. 

Just now, AFJF said:

I didn't see the full play of Hack getting sacked, but Costello just said it may have been on Powell.  I only saw the replay and couldn't see the back from that angle.  Thoughts?

I think shell. Don't normally see DEs turned loose on RBs

Hack did look a little stiff and upright on that drop back tho, no?

Kinda like he's just going thru the motions. Which I remember being part why he looked like crap at Penn St.

Hopefully he's ok.

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

Possibly though it didnt look like it. That didnt look like it was Shell's fault. Shell took the inside buy and Hack guy hit by the outside guy rushing. If Hack set his protection he should have known the possible guy coming in for a blitz. That's when you go to your hot route. The edge guy was uncovered the entire time and Hack didnt realize it because he didnt even see him. If the back missed the block then I take that back but that looked like Hackenberg didnt understand his protection relative to the set up of the defensive front. 

Impossible

2 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Think that was on the RB ? 

Yup, just asked that.  I only saw the replay and no RB from that angle.

Just now, Lupz27 said:

That sack is on the play calling also, how do you put that kid in his first career start in a 3rd and 8 position with 2 runs up the middle for 1 yard, let the kid air one out early even for a dump off get him comfortable geez.

i think Hack changed the play to a  run on 2nd down