Sign in to follow this  
Philc1

How can anyone still defend Macagnan?

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Deshone Kizer and Deshaun Watson for starters 

Did you watch Watson today? The Oline was pretty awful, to be fair, but so was Watson. If he, you, or anyone else thinks he going to do that running around Johnny Manzeil/Mike Vick-style "scrambling' crap that I saw in the 4th quarter and be a successful QB in the NFL then you're all insane. 

14 minutes ago, jetrider said:

Macc didn't punt with 4:00 left down by two scores

He does the same thing every time. 

What exactly does Bowles do besides make sure no one does anything bold that might get second guessed? 

He doesn't run the offense or the defense. He doesn't yell at anyone or encourage anyone.

The only thing he has to do is make these kinds of decisions as far as I know. That and set the depth chart. 

So basically he's just there to make sure no one ever gets excited. 

I guess you're right. Morton wouldn't be any good at that. 

32 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Yes I'm blame Macc for not starting Petty instead of McCown, or Forte over Powell. Every loss is good for our future. We don't need to Tank, we have a Bad HC, who makes poor decisions.

It would be a lot more fun, and productive losing with Petty, playing bold football and going down swinging.

We have nothing to lose, so why does it feel like our main objective is not to lose? 

Question: did something happen in this game that was soooooo unexpected that we are ramping up the 'fire Idzik' rant?

I am not defending Mac in the slightest. But, at this point, why either fire him and put an interim in, or get so worked up about it. The Jets suck. Offense sucked (with no talent), defense sucked (even though they shouldn't).

I get being upset with Mac when he trades, or doesn't trade, or signs, or releases. But was today's game such a surprise that it has people getting worked up? Have the crowd is 'suck for sam' and the other half is 'worse gm ever'. At this point, there is nothing left to do but let the season play out. If neither Hack nor Petty become the QB, or if some of the other draft picks fail to step up Mac will be gone at the end of the season. But this time, with the Jets being truly in the basement, a possible franchise QB in the draft and 80 million of cap space, we should have not trouble signing a quality GM if needed.

2 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Yes I'm blame Macc for not starting Petty instead of McCown, or Forte over Powell. Every loss is good for our future. We don't need to Tank, we have a Bad HC, who makes poor decisions.

Yes. 

Damn Bowles for acquiring McCown with an offer more than double the 2nd-highest offer, in a salary-purge season.

Damn Bowles double for surrendering a compensatory draft pick so he could sign a 30 yr old UFA RB to starter money with 2 years guaranteed, by which time he'll be 32. 

Damn Bowles, making Maccagnan's stellar team-building look terrible.

Bad as Bowles is, I'd love to hear the list of HCs that would be flourishing here.

Todd Bowles is a goner after this season.  I think Macc brings in his own guy for 2018.  My guess the next head coach of the Jets is 

Bill O'Brien, current coach of the Texans.

Everyone will be cheering for Mac when he picks Donald and or Rosen next year.

Relax everyone and enjoy the season for what it is, a rebuild.

Oh, Petty and Hack will get their opportunities to showcase themselves after McCown gets killed behind this porous Oline.

34 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Everyone will be cheering for Mac when he picks Donald and or Rosen next year.

Relax everyone and enjoy the season for what it is, a rebuild.

Oh, Petty and Hack will get their opportunities to showcase themselves after McCown gets killed behind this porous Oline.

There is absolutely no reason why Bowles or Maccagnan should be allowed within a 25 mile radius of the stadium next year

4 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Well they are QBs but we have no idea if they're any good.  

But we know Hack, Petty and McCown are all suck

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

There is absolutely no reason why Bowles or Maccagnan should be allowed within a 25 mile radius of the stadium next year

He shouldn't be within 25 miles of any NFL stadium

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

The best microcosm for how ****ed up this team is and how bad the GM sucks, Harrison is now a premier dominant force in the NFL, Richardson looked terrific today with Seattle and Mo Wilkerson looked like a fat, lazy piece of sh*t. 

But CanadienJetsfan thinks Mac needs another 10 drafts to have a "fair chance."

1 hour ago, Baller00 said:

Todd Bowles is a goner after this season.  I think Macc brings in his own guy for 2018.  My guess the next head coach of the Jets is 

Bill O'Brien, current coach of the Texans.

I just died a little inside. Because I could totally see that happening. 

Hey, at least we'd end our string of 1st time head coaches that goes back to Al Groh! 

:bag: 

4 hours ago, Jet9 said:

Did you watch Watson today? The Oline was pretty awful, to be fair, but so was Watson. If he, you, or anyone else thinks he going to do that running around Johnny Manzeil/Mike Vick-style "scrambling' crap that I saw in the 4th quarter and be a successful QB in the NFL then you're all insane. 

Meanwhile Petty and Hackenturd are awful

3 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I just died a little inside. Because I could totally see that happening. 

Hey, at least we'd end our string of 1st time head coaches that goes back to Al Groh! 

:bag: 

You think Bill O'Brien will extract the greatness from Chris Hackenberg?

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Yes. 

Damn Bowles for acquiring McCown with an offer more than double the 2nd-highest offer, in a salary-purge season.

Damn Bowles double for surrendering a compensatory draft pick so he could sign a 30 yr old UFA RB to starter money with 2 years guaranteed, by which time he'll be 32. 

Damn Bowles, making Maccagnan's stellar team-building look terrible.

Bad as Bowles is, I'd love to hear the list of HCs that would be flourishing here.

We still need to evaluate what we have. Impossible to do when they are not put in a position to succeed.

Why are we playing safe? Why are we playing that 30 year old RB over Powell and McGuire? 

No one really knows what could happen if we played the young guys and let them try to make things happen.

We've seen crazier things. The 99 Rams for instance. No sense in giving up.

4 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

We still need to evaluate what we have. Impossible to do when they are not put in a position to succeed.

Why are we playing safe? Why are we playing that 30 year old RB over Powell and McGuire? 

No one really knows what could happen if we played the young guys and let them try to make things happen.

We've seen crazier things. The 99 Rams for instance. No sense in giving up.

Yeah, so he sucks. But he's in a no-win situation this year even if he didn't.

This team isn't Kurt Warner away from being the '99 Rams. We've got about a handful of players that would be starters on most playoff teams, and even that would generally require those positions being the very areas of weakness on said teams. A guard or two, a DT or two, a rookie strong safety, and a #3 WR. Meh.

6 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Yeah, so he sucks. But he's in a no-win situation this year even if he didn't.

This team isn't Kurt Warner away from being the '99 Rams. We've got about a handful of players that would be starters on most playoff teams, and even that would generally require those positions being the very areas of weakness on said teams. A guard or two, a DT or two, a rookie strong safety, and a #3 WR. Meh.

Giants scored 3 points. Jets scored 12. Jets have an excuse the Giants don;t

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Giants scored 3 points. Jets scored 12. Jets have an excuse the Giants don;t

And it your aunt had balls, she'd be your uncle. Anything else? 

7 hours ago, Pac said:

after the first game in their 3rd year?  Stupid

You couldn't tell that Gholston, Wilson, Coples, and Pryor sucked in their 1st game of year 3?

Then you don't watch games the same way I do.

Darron Lee is a lost cause.  Year 2 or not.  Hackenberg pick was a disgrace.  "Missing" on 1st and 2nd rounders should still produce serviceable players.  Not guys out of the league after 3 years.

F*CKING PATHETIC THAT THE SCOUTS GET PAID FOR THIS!!!!