How can anyone still defend Macagnan?

Philc1

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Everyone will be cheering for Mac when he picks Donald and or Rosen next year.

Relax everyone and enjoy the season for what it is, a rebuild.

Oh, Petty and Hack will get their opportunities to showcase themselves after McCown gets killed behind this porous Oline.

There is absolutely no reason why Bowles or Maccagnan should be allowed within a 25 mile radius of the stadium next year

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

The best microcosm for how ****ed up this team is and how bad the GM sucks, Harrison is now a premier dominant force in the NFL, Richardson looked terrific today with Seattle and Mo Wilkerson looked like a fat, lazy piece of sh*t. 

But CanadienJetsfan thinks Mac needs another 10 drafts to have a "fair chance."

1 hour ago, Baller00 said:

Todd Bowles is a goner after this season.  I think Macc brings in his own guy for 2018.  My guess the next head coach of the Jets is 

Bill O'Brien, current coach of the Texans.

I just died a little inside. Because I could totally see that happening. 

Hey, at least we'd end our string of 1st time head coaches that goes back to Al Groh! 

:bag: 

4 hours ago, Jet9 said:

Did you watch Watson today? The Oline was pretty awful, to be fair, but so was Watson. If he, you, or anyone else thinks he going to do that running around Johnny Manzeil/Mike Vick-style "scrambling' crap that I saw in the 4th quarter and be a successful QB in the NFL then you're all insane. 

Meanwhile Petty and Hackenturd are awful

3 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I just died a little inside. Because I could totally see that happening. 

Hey, at least we'd end our string of 1st time head coaches that goes back to Al Groh! 

:bag: 

You think Bill O'Brien will extract the greatness from Chris Hackenberg?

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Yes. 

Damn Bowles for acquiring McCown with an offer more than double the 2nd-highest offer, in a salary-purge season.

Damn Bowles double for surrendering a compensatory draft pick so he could sign a 30 yr old UFA RB to starter money with 2 years guaranteed, by which time he'll be 32. 

Damn Bowles, making Maccagnan's stellar team-building look terrible.

Bad as Bowles is, I'd love to hear the list of HCs that would be flourishing here.

We still need to evaluate what we have. Impossible to do when they are not put in a position to succeed.

Why are we playing safe? Why are we playing that 30 year old RB over Powell and McGuire? 

No one really knows what could happen if we played the young guys and let them try to make things happen.

We've seen crazier things. The 99 Rams for instance. No sense in giving up.

4 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

We still need to evaluate what we have. Impossible to do when they are not put in a position to succeed.

Why are we playing safe? Why are we playing that 30 year old RB over Powell and McGuire? 

No one really knows what could happen if we played the young guys and let them try to make things happen.

We've seen crazier things. The 99 Rams for instance. No sense in giving up.

Yeah, so he sucks. But he's in a no-win situation this year even if he didn't.

This team isn't Kurt Warner away from being the '99 Rams. We've got about a handful of players that would be starters on most playoff teams, and even that would generally require those positions being the very areas of weakness on said teams. A guard or two, a DT or two, a rookie strong safety, and a #3 WR. Meh.

6 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

This team isn't Kurt Warner away from being the '99 Rams. We've got about a handful of players that would be starters on most playoff teams, and even that would generally require those positions being the very areas of weakness on said teams. A guard or two, a DT or two, a rookie strong safety, and a #3 WR. Meh.

Giants scored 3 points. Jets scored 12. Jets have an excuse the Giants don;t

7 hours ago, Pac said:

after the first game in their 3rd year?  Stupid

You couldn't tell that Gholston, Wilson, Coples, and Pryor sucked in their 1st game of year 3?

Then you don't watch games the same way I do.

Darron Lee is a lost cause.  Year 2 or not.  Hackenberg pick was a disgrace.  "Missing" on 1st and 2nd rounders should still produce serviceable players.  Not guys out of the league after 3 years.

F*CKING PATHETIC THAT THE SCOUTS GET PAID FOR THIS!!!!

6 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

You couldn't tell that Gholston, Wilson, Coples, and Pryor sucked in their 1st game of year 3?

Then you don't watch games the same way I do.

Darron Lee is a lost cause.  Year 2 or not.  Hackenberg pick was a disgrace.  "Missing" on 1st and 2nd rounders should still produce serviceable players.  Not guys out of the league after 3 years.

F*CKING PATHETIC THAT THE SCOUTS GET PAID FOR THIS!!!!

Which of these other STUDS drafted after Lee should the Jets have nabbed in the 1st?

21(21) Texans (From Redskins) Fuller, Will WR 6'0" 186 Notre Dame 6.2  
22(22) Redskins (From Texans) Doctson, Josh WR 6'2" 202 TCU 6.1  
23(23) Vikings Treadwell, Laquon WR 6'2" 221 Mississippi 6.2  
24(24) Bengals Jackson III, William CB 6'0" 189 Houston 5.9  
25(25) Steelers Burns, Artie CB 6'0" 193 Miami 5.9  
26(26) Broncos (From Seahawks) Lynch, Paxton QB 6'7" 244 Memphis 6.1  
27(27) Packers Clark, Kenny DT 6'3" 314 UCLA 5.9  
28(28) 49ers (From Chiefs) Garnett, Joshua OG 6'4" 312 Stanford 5.8  
30(29) Cardinals Nkemdiche, Robert DT 6'3" 294 Mississippi 6.3  
31(30) Panthers Butler, Vernon DT 6'4" 323 Louisiana Tech 6.1  
32(31) Seahawks (From Broncos) Ifedi, Germain OG 6'6" 324 Texas A&M 5.8

1 hour ago, Pac said:

Which of these other STUDS drafted after Lee should the Jets have nabbed in the 1st?

Paxton Lynch

7 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Yeah it's no win so he should stop trying, and so should all of the players. 

The Rams were just as bad as the Jets in 98. Of course we're asking for a miracle here, but we're just asking for a chance for a miracle.

You can't catch lightning in a bottle unless you open the bottle and hold it out.

I guarantee you that if Bowles is the head coach Kurt Warner never sees the field. 

I don't know. It's hard for me to judge mac since he's out there picking players that out dumb head coach needs to fit his terrible system. You have mcvay go to the rams and automatically transforms the offense with just a few smart picks, same gm and all. But here we are every new head coach picking defense to make their system work. And yet they're still awful. I'm sure next year he'd ask for a corner. 

Though this team should have Beasley instead of Williams. There was no reason for that pick. 

Find this team an offensive mind to pair with our new QB and just pick a good DC. 

6 hours ago, Pac said:

Hi Pac. Just to clarify, you think it would be stupid to fire a GM this early in his tenure, right? I'll hang up and listen for my answer. Thank's

40 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Yeah it's no win so he should stop trying, and so should all of the players. 

The Rams were just as bad as the Jets in 98. Of course we're asking for a miracle here, but we're just asking for a chance for a miracle.

You can't catch lightning in a bottle unless you open the bottle and hold it out.

I guarantee you that if Bowles is the head coach Kurt Warner never sees the field. 

Vermeil had every intention of keeping Kurt Warner on the bench until the Trent Green injury.  

15 hours ago, Pac said:

these threads are going to be painful this year..  fans have been whining and crying for a rebuild for 20 years and when they get one they're shocked the team doesn't look great.

and already concluding that this years draft class (or last years for that matter) is a bust is impossibly stupid.

You're the homer this board needs.  Defending the indefensible, it's Pacman.  How are you feeling about our $50 bet right about now?

1 minute ago, NYs Stepchild said:

I'm not saying that Vermeil was much better but Hack is the #2 QB. Warner would never have seen the field if Bowles was the HC. 

Dunno.  Necessity is the mother of invention.  That we're even discussing Hack is sad.  Dude, reminds me of Zach Mettenberger with the Titans before they drafted Mariota.  I'm hoping we have our future QB next year. 

Archived