Jets won't say they're giving up on Hackenberg after demotion

joewilly12

9 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

They were unprecedented 1000:1 long shots for a championship when they were 0-0, and they're now 0-2.

Your desire aside, they're clearly going to get effectively eliminated from championship possibilities before they're mathematically eliminated, and mathematically eliminated long before their draft slot is determined. 

If you're still rooting for a championship at that point...it makes more sense to root for a son after the ultrasound clearly shows the fetus to be dickless. ;) 

Point taken, but you should know that i'm one of those Jet fans who think the team still have a chance when down by double digits late in the 4th . 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I haven't given up on either yet, especially Hack. Garoppollo didnt play until his 4th year, Cousins started in his 3rd and looked average at best, and it wasn't until his 4th year that he looked like a legit starter.

So we'll see. I think it'll be bad luck for Hack as we'll probably be drafting someone in the first next year and focus on him. 

This is what competition is about. If Hack get a fair opportunity and still can't perform then Jets have an obligation to have someone in place who can step in and do a very good job.  

Whether it is Petty or someone  else we have to hope that the Jets know best. 

1 minute ago, Charlie Brown said:

This is what competition is about. If Hack get a fair opportunity and still can't perform then Jets have an obligation to have someone in place who can step in and do a very good job.  

Whether it is Petty or someone  else we have to hope that the Jets know best. 

Jets are going to have 3 QBs on the roster next season and 1 is probably going to be Hackenberg .  Another will be the Draft pick and the other will be decided during this season .

2 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Jets are going to have 3 QBs on the roster next season and 1 is probably going to be Hackenberg .  Another will be the Draft pick and the other will be decided during this season .

at the beginning of training camp i agreed with this.  however, a lot can happen in a season.  petty should have his shot before hack, if hack even gets his.  if petty looks good, and the jets draft another qb, there's no guarantee hack remains on the roster. 

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

at the beginning of training camp i agreed with this.  however, a lot can happen in a season.  petty should have his shot before hack, if hack even gets his.  if petty looks good, and the jets draft another qb, there's no guarantee hack remains on the roster. 

If petty looks good, then the Jets 3 QBs won't include Josh McCown next season. Hack's 22 and has 2 more years left on his rookie contract .  

This is all predicated on Todd Bowles and Mac being the HC and GM by the way .

2 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

If petty looks good, then the Jets 3 QBs won't include Josh McCown next season. Hack's 22 and has 2 more years left on his rookie contract .  

This is all predicated on Todd Bowles and Mac being the HC and GM by the way .

let's say petty starts 8 games this year and looks pretty good.  great.  then let's say the jets draft josh rosen.  that's 2 qbs.  hack could start out as the #3 in TC next year but if he shows no improvement in year 3, even if mccags is the gm, mccags would easily survive criticism from cutting hack if he's got two other qbs he drafted who look good.  

6 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

let's say petty starts 8 games this year and looks pretty good.  great.  then let's say the jets draft josh rosen.  that's 2 qbs.  hack could start out as the #3 in TC next year but if he shows no improvement in year 3, even if mccags is the gm, mccags would easily survive criticism from cutting hack if he's got two other qbs he drafted who look good.  

That's possible, but probably won't happen 

Petty's a backup and maybe a potential starter in a few years. He's got a strong arm but is somewhat lacking in his football awareness and doesn't always spot open receivers. Regarding Hack, I hate to say that because I was really rooting for him to be good, but he simply lacks too many fundamental skills and really should be looking at different career paths at this point. He's a smart kid, hopefully he lands in another lucrative career. 

Todd Bowles is absolutely lost out there and needs to go. 

Now on to muddling through this season. Petty should get the start as soon as he's healthy. Even though his short terms future is as a backup, give him more experience now so that he's ready next season in case Darnold or Rosen go down with injury.

1 hour ago, sciond said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/heres-what-redskins-gm-scot-mccloughans-ideal-draft-weekend-might-look-like/2016/04/27/eb30012c-0be6-11e6-8ab8-9ad050f76d7d_story.html?utm_term=.399ade501bdb

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000656285/article/mike-mayocks-2016-nfl-draft-position-rankings-50

Cook was a 4th round pick BTW- so where does that leave him

of course you know the PPF article was right about him not being even being able to rate him, a 3rd string QB behind behind a 4th round pick and a 38 journeyman.

But really you can spend your time trying to justify him as draft pick.....

Where in the Washington post artical does it say what round Hack should have been drafted?    You really used an artical from a no one at the Washington post that never says anything about what round the writer was predicting Hack would be drafted. 

Look, Hack most likely will suck balls.  I just hate when posters just make crap up.  Like you are doing.   I am not defending Hack I am defending Macc.  

Ugh, seriously? They won't admit it two weeks into a tank season? Pieces of garbage scumbag mother****ers these Jets. This is truly an atrocity that will bring shame for generations. They are so stupid and dumb and probably flaming homosexuals the lot of them. This is probably the most damning evidence yet as to just how clueless Bowles and whatshisname are. 

2 hours ago, Tinstar said:

Are you completely sure it's the Jets staff and front office that's surprise about where Hackenberg is ? Everything that's being argued about on these boards is stuff the media puts out to get this reaction from fans .

The Jets coaching staff made Hack the backup because Petty wasn't healthy . Anyone who paid attention to the depth chart would have realized who was 2nd string, but the story for 2 weeks was that the coaching staff was giving the best QB on the roster the shaft . Whatever is reported by the media becomes some fan's truth because it falls in line wth what they want to believe .

I want to believe that the Jets are going to have a championship season, so that's my mindset until the season is over and the Jets draft position is determined . Then I will focus on who we should take in the draft and how it will help the team . 

Everything else is white noise .

Yeah this I agree with, I don't think Hack was demoted.

He started as the 3rd QB coming in to camp. He got an extended look, showed some improvement and he ended up being the 3rd QB. He was 2nd because Petty was hurt.

Really is a non story. The biggest concern here is if Bowles keeps playing McCown and doesn't get the kids on the field.

22 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Yeah this I agree with, I don't think Hack was demoted.

He started as the 3rd QB coming in to camp. He got an extended look, showed some improvement and he ended up being the 3rd QB. He was 2nd because Petty was hurt.

Really is a non story. The biggest concern here is if Bowles keeps playing McCown and doesn't get the kids on the field.

thus far i can't even fault them for playing mccown, he's looked ok, which is good for the jets.  but it's not just him.  the line has looked decent, and kearse and the no-name TEs have also contributed.  overall, i think what we're seeing is, to a large extent, the positive effect the new offensive coaching staff is having on the team.  i think petty would do well in this system, and he'll get his chance, but even without him, look at this.  the jets are moving the ball, getting first downs, kearse looks like a keeper.  and they get ASJ back.  whereas on the offensive side of the ball they invest no high draft picks or free agent money but bring in a few competent coaches and it looks passable, on the defense you have a ton of cap space and draft collateral but terrible coaches who misscheme and misuse players, and you have chaos.  coaching matters, it matters, and we're seeing it on the jets right now.  if the jets beat the dolphins, it will be b/c the offense scores 24+ points, not b/c the defense all of a sudden figures out how to stop the run, get a pass rush, contain gaps and tackle efficiently.

5 hours ago, Joe Jets fan said:

Just stop making stuff up

Hack may suck but no one had him as a late round pick or a UDFA. 

Don't just regurgitate the one article come up with a draft prediction that he should not have been drafted

Please post articals where someone that is at least a little known says what you just claimed. 

A lot of people thought he was undraftable. That isn't revisionist history at all.

4 hours ago, Joe Jets fan said:

Where in the Washington post artical does it say what round Hack should have been drafted?    You really used an artical from a no one at the Washington post that never says anything about what round the writer was predicting Hack would be drafted. 

Look, Hack most likely will suck balls.  I just hate when posters just make crap up.  Like you are doing.   I am not defending Hack I am defending Macc.  

read it carefully it states mid to late round.

The opinion of one of the best scouts

5 hours ago, SenorGato said:

Ugh, seriously? They won't admit it two weeks into a tank season? Pieces of garbage scumbag mother****ers these Jets. This is truly an atrocity that will bring shame for generations. They are so stupid and dumb and probably flaming homosexuals the lot of them. This is probably the most damning evidence yet as to just how clueless Bowles and whatshisname are. 

Please I'm honest here; what does someone's sexuality have to do with anything? 

Come on now ....

22 hours ago, Philc1 said:

And next year Hack will be where he truly belongs -- the CFL

I laughed with you on this post but let's be real, NFL players that are exponentially better than Hack either went up there and rode pine, ran into a rude awakening, or never made a roster altogether.

Exhibit A: Here's former Brown & viking Spergon Wynn getting his life almost snatched from him on a Canadian football field

Wynn, as crappy as he is, is probably 65x the athlete Hackenturd is. We've already been exposed to Hack's extremely slow processing skills. You think he'd be able to survive that situation even in preseason?

Archived