•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
 (William Hauser)
(William Hauser)

Former Jets cornerback Antonio Cromartie says he will be ready to go if he is called on by the team. 

Cromartie spoke with Jonas Schwartz and Willie Colon on SNY's Jet Stream Podcast, where he said he is in NFL shape and would be ready to play if called upon. 

"Listen, if they gave me a call, I'd be ready to go," Cromartie said. "I'm still here in Jersey, so I'm training my behind off, and I'm just waiting on the opportunity."

"If they called me, I'm there. Hands down."

The question comes after current Jets cornerback Morris Claiborne was forced to leave Sunday's game against the Falcons after an injury to his foot. He was slated to get an MRI on Monday. 

Despite not playing with the Jets since the 2015 season, Cromartie is confident that if he got the call, he could jump right into the mix and make an impact. 

"Oh, definitely," he said when asked if he could play right away. "I know the defense like the back of my hand."

Cromartie played for the Colts last season, but only for four games where he accumulated 14 tackles and two passes defended. 

The 33-year-old has been with four teams in his 11-year NFL career. In five seasons with the Jets, he totaled 168 tackles, 13 interceptions, two forced fumbles and 64 passes defensed. 

Howard Balzer (@HBalzer721)

11/7/17, 12:23 PM

NYJ tryout: CB Michael Hunter. 

Could just be doing their heir due diligence since he’s coming off an injury.  He does fit the type CBs Bowles likes—tall, fast  

On October 17, 2017, Hunter was waived/injured by the Giants after suffering a hamstring injury in Week 6 and was placed on injured reserve. He was released on October 23, 2017.

22 hours ago, detectivekimble said:

It's such a young man's position, especially now since you can't even blow on a receiver.  You lose a little bit of your athleticism and you're ****ed.

Cro? Position? Blow? WHAT KIND OF SITE ARE WE RUNNING HERE? 

On 11/7/2017 at 12:32 PM, C Mart said:

11/7/17, 12:23 PM

NYJ tryout: CB Michael Hunter. 

Could just be doing their heir due diligence since he’s coming off an injury.  He does fit the type CBs Bowles likes—tall, fast  

On October 17, 2017, Hunter was waived/injured by the Giants after suffering a hamstring injury in Week 6 and was placed on injured reserve. He was released on October 23, 2017.

11/11/17, 6:04 PM

NYJ: Signed WR JoJo Natson from practice squad. Waived/injured DL Ed Stinson. Signed CB Michael Hunter to practice squad.

Archived