7 teams will draft a QB - who will we get?

BigO

Number of teams lack a future QB and the odds are high they will more than likely draft one.  From top to bottom - Browns, Giants, Denver, Jets, Cards, Redskins, Bills.  I think we’ll be in the 10-15 draft spot and can draft the 4th QB prospect unless we of course move up or get jumped by another team.  For arguments sake let’s say we take the 4th best QB off the board. Who would you like and why. My pick Mayfield since Rosen, Darnold go first 2 QB’s and Elway may pull trigger on Allen. Just seems like a natural fit. That leaves Mayfield or Jackson. 

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, BigO said:

Number teams lack a future QB and the odds are high they will more than likely draft one.  From top to bottom - Browns, Giants, Denver, Jets, Cards, Redskins, Bills.  I think we’ll be in the 10-15 draft spot and can draft the 4th QB prospect unless we of course move up or get jumped by another team.  For arguments sake let’s say we take the 4th best QB off the board. Who would you like and why. My pick Mayfield since Rosen, Darnold go first 2 QB’s and Elway may pull trigger on Allen. Just seems like a natural fit. That leaves Mayfield or Jackson. 

You have Redskins on this list, where does Cousins go?

4 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Skins do not appear to want to resign him. And Cousins has alot of leverage as to where he goes. I think he picks best place where he could succeed and get paid also - Jaguars. Bortles has been a major disappointment. They are 8-4 but not because of Bortles. Jags have best young talent in football. All they need is a good QB. Cousins would be a perfect fit there. 

Just now, BigO said:

Skins do not appear to want to resign him. And Cousins has alot of leverage as to where he goes. I think he picks best place where he could succeed and get paid also - Jaguars. Boryles has been a major disappointment. They are 8-4 but not because of Bortles. Jags have best young talent in football. All they need is a good QB. Cousins would be a perfect fit there. 

MOst people have Eli going to Jacksonville. See the difficulty with predicting who is going to take a QB is that there may be a few QBs on the move in FA

6 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Right because if we are putting Washington in the mix then one of these other teams listed has Cousins and should be taken off ..hopefully a team that gets him will be ahead of us draft position wise. I could see Denver paying Cousins.

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Right because if we are putting Washington in the mix then one of these other teams listed has Cousins and should be taken off ..hopefully a team will get will be ahead of us. I could see Denver playing Cousins.

Maybe - maybe not. Fact is we need a QB desperately and will not be picking top 5 - maybe 10 if we lucky. I don’t think it’s wise to get a FA QB at this point as this team has major holes and it would be a waste of money.  Denver and Jags would be great fit for Cousins. Good point. 

2 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

I don't want the 4th best. Trade up or GTFO

This is more like it. If you believe the scarlet letters going around, then Macc knows he has to trade up. It's worked out for other teams, it's time we tried our hand. 

The way things sit right now? Trade up for Mayfield or GTFO. Don't think the top 2 teams will bulge

11 minutes ago, Paradis said:

This is more like it. If you believe the scarlet letters going around, then Macc knows he has to trade up. It's worked out for other teams, it's time we tried our hand. 

The way things sit right now? Trade up for Mayfield or GTFO. Don't think the top 2 teams will bulge

It’s almost a moot point that Mac will HAVE to move up. Many teams will be close to us with same record and will have their hearts set on Mayfield. 

34 minutes ago, BigO said:

Skins do not appear to want to resign him. And Cousins has alot of leverage as to where he goes. I think he picks best place where he could succeed and get paid also - Jaguars. Bortles has been a major disappointment. They are 8-4 but not because of Bortles. Jags have best young talent in football. All they need is a good QB. Cousins would be a perfect fit there. 

I don’t think the Jags can afford Cousins without shedding a lot of talent.  That Dline is owed almost 200 millions dollars in 2 years and is the key to that D.

Besides, the Jags are #7 overall in pts per game, Washington is #15.  You could argue Bortles is doing a better job than Cousins.

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

I don’t think the Jags can afford Cousins without shedding a lot of talent.  That Dline is owed almost 200 millions dollars in 2 years and is the key to that D.

Besides, the Jags are #7 overall in pts per game, Washington is #15.  You could argue Bortles is doing a better job than Cousins.

At what? Doing whatever is possible not to F things up and lose the game? Either way, Eli to Jags makes too much sense. If he leaves. 

kiper has 3 OTs ranked in his top 20.  i can easily see the jets picking in the 10-15 range, missing out on rosen/darnold/mayfield/allen (browns/giants/broncos seem certain to take a qb, throw in one more team), take a LT and then trade up at the top of the 2nd to take mason rudolph.  that seems to be a typical mccags move, take the safer player in round 1 with lower bust potential.  

6 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

At what? Doing whatever is possible not to F things up and lose the game? Either way, Eli to Jags makes too much sense. If he leaves. 

At leading his offense to #7 overall in the NFL and his team to an 8-4 record.

I don't know if Denver is a lock to take a QB. They have a huge need at OL and Connor Williams would be a good fit there.

We are overselling the QBs in this draft. There is no way 7 teams will take a QB in the first round. You are putting your career on the line when you jump for a first round QB and I don't think 7 GMs are going to do that this year.

I think the Jets will pick somewhere in the 7-10 range and will be able to take Baker Mayfield or Josh Allen comfortably unless somebody like the Bills trade up.

Also, if the Skins lose Cousins then we can assume he will go to one of the teams on this list. So another one can get crossed off there.

34 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

kiper has 3 OTs ranked in his top 20.  i can easily see the jets picking in the 10-15 range, missing out on rosen/darnold/mayfield/allen (browns/giants/broncos seem certain to take a qb, throw in one more team), take a LT and then trade up at the top of the 2nd to take mason rudolph.  that seems to be a typical mccags move, take the safer player in round 1 with lower bust potential.  

This would be an terrible idea unless the LT is McGlinchey, and even then its not the right move as he has some question marks - mainly how good is he really considering who he played next to.

The argument that Mac has ignored premium positions (LT, QB, Edge) is valid if taken on its own, but its not like he took Jamal Adams with Von Miller or Trent WIlliams on the board.  To now force pick those positions is equally insane.  None of the LTs is considered elite, which is why there isnt one projected in the top 5.  

If we find a QB in FA or Mac wants to bypass Mayfield or not trade up, then the likely best pick is Quentin Nelson. Yes Nelson is a guard, but he is the best guard to come out in years, and although we would need to do something with Carpenter, Nelson is an elite player at his position.  Conner Williams is not.

If Mac can resign Clairborne and spend FA money on another CB, the team could pick Nelson, Price or Ragnow to play center and either a QB with our other second round pick or if a QB in FA, then a RB to help improve our running game.

Oline is a sum of all parts and putting Nelson next to Beachem and Price next to winters will make both Winters and Beachem into better players.

56 minutes ago, BigO said:

It’s almost a moot point that Mac will HAVE to move up. Many teams will be close to us with same record and will have their hearts set on Mayfield. 

Agreed that we won't be the only show in town looking to move up. Macc's job? Make it happen. It's literally the only thing he gets paid to do. So he better fcking do it.... Offer the next 2 years of 1st round picks, I don't care. MAKE.IT.HAPPEN.

15 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

We are overselling the QBs in this draft. There is no way 7 teams will take a QB in the first round.

You're right, its' very unlikely teams start reaching with guys like Rudolph or Stidham in the 1st. I feel confident we see 4 though; Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield, Jackson. After that, there will be still teams in the market but nobody worth taking that high.

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

You're right, its' very unlikely teams start reaching with guys like Rudolph or Stidham in the 1st. I feel confident we see 4 though; Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield, Jackson. After that, there will be still teams in the market but nobody worth taking that high.

Allen is going in the first round, lets pray it isnt here but thats more likely then Mayfield or Jackson

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Bortles better than Cousins? That’s like saying Pizza Hut is better than Rays Pizza

4th best might end up being the best. Mayfield is this years Watson IMO. I love the mayfield pick. Needs to improve footwork but so does everyone coming out. He doesn’t have a canon but can make the throws. Very accurate in short yards and on the run. His moxy will spark our offense similar to how Adams did to our defense. 

Eli goes to Jacksonville

Cousins stays in DC

Browns draft a QB (Darnold/Rosen) at #1

Giants draft a QB (Rosen/Darnold) at #2

San Francisco resigns Garoppolo (pick #3) and retains Bethard as the #2, drafts supporting player.

Denver Broncos could draft a QB at pick #4.  Who?  No idea, Allen, Mayfield, Rudolph, Jackson, Finlay, Falk all available)

Indianapolis Colts are unlikely to draft a QB at pick #5 (Luck)

Chicago Bears are unlikely to draft a QB at pick #6 (Trubisky)

Houston Texans are unlikely to draft a QB at pick #7 (Watson)

Tampa Bay Buccaneers are unlikely to draft a QB at pick #8 (Winston)

Arizona Cardinals are possible to draft a QB at pick #9 (Gabbart is the #1 right now).

New York Jets at pick 10 could be looking at Darnold, Rosen, Rudolph and Jackson all being of the board.  Rudolph and jackson are really getting hyped now, with a number of sites now ranking THEM #1 and #2 over both Darnold and Allen.

2 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

If we get the 4th best QB in this draft, Mac should be fired the second the draft ends. I'll keep saying this until I turn blue - the Jets have to lie, cheat, and steal their way into picking one of the top two QB's in the 2018 draft.

Realisticly, there is no chance the Jets can trade up further than pick #5.  And it would take multiple #1 picks to get there from #10 or lower.

And we're going to win another game, not sure which one, but I bet we win one more and finish 6-10, picking ~14.

We're getting the 5th "best" rated-by-eggheads QB if we go QB.  That QB might just be Baker Mayfield, or it might not.

It will not be Darnold, Rosen, Jackson or Rudolph, based on today's QB-hype-of-the-moment.  No point worrying till it plays itself out tbqh.

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Eli goes to Jacksonville

Cousins stays in DC

Browns draft a QB (Darnold/Rosen) at #1

Giants draft a QB (Rosen/Darnold) at #2

San Francisco resigns Garoppolo (pick #3) and retains Bethard as the #2, drafts supporting player.

Denver Broncos could draft a QB at pick #4.  Who?  No idea, Allen, Mayfield, Rudolph, Jackson, Finlay, Falk all available)

Indianapolis Colts are unlikely to draft a QB at pick #5 (Luck)

Chicago Bears are unlikely to draft a QB at pick #6 (Trubisky)

Houston Texans are unlikely to draft a QB at pick #7 (Watson)

Tampa Bay Buccaneers are unlikely to draft a QB at pick #8 (Winston)

Arizona Cardinals are possible to draft a QB at pick #9 (Gabbart is the #1 right now).

New York Jets at pick 10 could be looking at Darnold, Rosen, Rudolph and Jackson all being of the board.  Rudolph and jackson are really getting hyped now, with a number of sites now ranking THEM #1 and #2 over both Darnold and Allen.

That would be like 1983 all over again, except the Jets become the Dolphins and select the best QB of this draft, Baker Mayfield. Thanks for making my night.:D

Archived